Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #85
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starminder View Post
I think this is a great idea...but it stops there. When I got my Camaro I learned that despite qualifying for the military discount that dealer participation was voluntary. So despite being eligible, my dealer would not honor the discount and that was that. So, for me, this ends at "great idea". Now, make it an across the board no holds barred REAL discount that applies to everyone eligible then you can make a big deal out of it. If a dealer can be arbitrary about honoring it, then it is a BS promotion. It was bad enough the previous owner discounts didn't apply to the Camaro, this one just added insult to injury.
If discounts are available and apply to your purchase...
They always should be honored!!!!!!
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 09:48 PM   #86
Starminder
Savant

Drives: 2011 Vert 2SS/RS CGM
I couldn't agree more, and it's another of many reasons you'll get first crack at ordering my next car.

The funny thing with this one for me was that I had to go on the GM website and "prove" I qualified for it, then get a printout with a unique number on it. To me that sort of solidified that I ought to get the discount. Nowhere in any of that reading did it mention that a dealer didn't have to accept it. At the time it was pretty disappointing, this many weeks later it still bugs me. It's not about the money, it's about the "appearance" of "doing something for the troops" when in fact, at least for me, it wasn't worth the paper I printed it on. Now knowing the difference, it irks me this is going to happen time and time again to others. Now, if GM were to backup the incentive so it wasn't coming out of the dealers pocket or make it to where it was going to get accepted at any dealership, then that's different. It's the arbitrary aspect that just doesn't seem right. Especially after qualifying for owner loyalty but not being able to use that because of model of car I wanted. Indifference to my loyalty AND my military service? Sheesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
If discounts are available and apply to your purchase...
They always should be honored!!!!!!

11/29/2010 - (1100) Order Placed
01/28/2011 - (3800) Order produced
03/01/2011 - (4200) Shipped
03/16/2011 - DELIVERED

View my Garage
Starminder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #87
Honor12

Drives: 2011 Silverado
Ordered mine today. Permagrin has already set in and I have at least 3 months to wait.
Honor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:39 AM   #88
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Honor & Valor Limited Edition 2012 Camaro SS.. Ordering Info!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honor & Valor Limited Edition 2012 Camaro SS – There will be 100 “Honor & Valor” Limited Edition Camaro SS Coupes produced exclusively for eligible GM Military-Discount purchasers. A special unit will complete a parade lap at the Indianapolis 500 to honor America’s Military. The first production unit will be auctioned in late June, with all net proceeds going to “Cell Phones for Soldiers.”

Orders for these special 2012 Camaro SS Coupes will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, starting on May 1st.
Eligible Military customers must first request a “go code” on the gmmilitarydiscount.com website.
They will then be instructed to call a special 800# listed on the website to finalize their order.

Production will begin in July and vehicles are scheduled to deliver in August.
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:49 AM   #89
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starminder View Post
I think this is a great idea...but it stops there. When I got my Camaro I learned that despite qualifying for the military discount that dealer participation was voluntary. So despite being eligible, my dealer would not honor the discount and that was that. So, for me, this ends at "great idea". Now, make it an across the board no holds barred REAL discount that applies to everyone eligible then you can make a big deal out of it. If a dealer can be arbitrary about honoring it, then it is a BS promotion. It was bad enough the previous owner discounts didn't apply to the Camaro, this one just added insult to injury.
When placing my order last fall I was surprised to learn the GM MILITARY discount was a voluntary thing. The Chevy dealer most near Naval Station San Diego, one of the largest military installations in the world, (don't want to mention names but it rhymes with RON BAKER CHEVROLET) was quoting me MSRP for the 2011 2SS/RS I was wanting to order. I contacted GM about this and it was only then that they caved and offered the discount. Obviously I purchased elsewhere. For some reason another local dealer's "GM Military" price was lower.
I was a little disappointed in this so I posted my experience on the GM Military discount facebook page.... guess what????? The owner (or general manager... can't remember) contact me via email and asked why I posted this on facebook and pretty much accused me of slander and lies. I shot him a copy of the email in which the salesman said "My managers tell me I have to sell it at MSRP." I didn't hear from him after that. (He'll probably find this post but since I'm telling the truth, I have nothing to worry about.)
I talked to another local Camaro owner (and C5 member) about his purchase at Ron Baker chevy. He tells me he paid MSRP. I shared my experience so he contacted them. He was told he got the discount but because the car is in such demand it was marked up from MSRP before the discount (he got his car 1 month before I did and I paid 2,500 under MSRP).

So, what's the moral of this story. Shop around and you'll find a dealer that will work with you and any discount you may qualify for. Shop around right here on CAMARO5 because there are plenty of sales persons that will give you a great deal and have it delivered to your local dealer that doesn't want to "play".

When negotiating remember, the sales person is working and must earn a living so don't be a jerk. The flip-side of that is true- the buyer has options and should not be ripped off.

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #90
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Thank you AGAIN Becky for posting this AWESOME thread! God bless and many thanks to all U.S. Armed Forces members past and present, their families and all our allies in Armes!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:43 AM   #91
USAFR

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 85 Z28,99 740iL
Just received call this morning that I am one of the customers selected to purchase the Honor and Valor Camaro!!!!!
They will send info via e-mail that I must present to my dealership to process the order. Guess I'll be trading in my 2010 CGM 2SS. I really would like to have ordered another CGM since I like it so much but they only offer the three colors. I am going with the white and will probably put a CGM stripe on later.

Ordered 2012 Honor and Valor Limited Edition 2SS/RS, SW, Auto
1100 ?, order placed directly by GM
2000 ?
3000 08/15/2011, TPW 9/5
3800 09/07/2011
4200 09/07/2011
USAFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:45 AM   #92
mikemorad2

Drives: 2002 Camaro LS1 SS
I do some digital work for GM and just wanted to respond to some comments :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo8hkk View Post
very nice. when i was in Iraq 2 years ago i know the exchange didnt have GM. you could get ford's and Harley's does any one know if you can get GM cars through the AAFES exchange now?

@Halo8hKK @jeSSe @MichaelH – By not participating in the Exchange Program, GM can ensure that our servicemembers get the best military discount from any car company. Active duty and Reserves of the U.S. Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines, National Guard and Coast Guard can get great savings on an eligible, new Chevrolet, Buick or GMC vehicle. It’s quick and easy online at www.gmmilitarydiscount.com/anywhere. You can build a vehicle, search dealer inventory and contact a Certified Internet Manager to purchase and arrange delivery for you or your spouse back in the United States.

Plus, this May, in recognition of Military Appreciation Month, military retirees and their spouses can take advantage of the GM Military Discount.

Hope this helps!
mikemorad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 10:04 PM   #93
Dr. Evil

Drives: 2013 SS
Fox Chevy in little old po-dunk Clinton Tennessee was great to work with. They gave me the military price no questions asked (other than military ID). Heck, the GM military discount is one of the reasons I elected to pull the trigger.
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 03:01 PM   #94
OC3AN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Found this image of the Honor and Valor camaro...... I guess its Okay. Not really impressed with the stripe. Not to take anything away from the fact that this is an awesome program, and the badge is kewl as well.

OC3AN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:50 PM   #95
RichGreene
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1SS M6 Green 1993 Custom Eldo
The badges will probably become an ebay item just like the transformer badges are. Theyll probably sell at over list and sadly most likely to those that never had anything to do with the military, just wanting a limited car. Ill keep showing my support with my Nam Ribbon sticker on my rear plate.
RichGreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #96
camarosource

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 Showcar
Confused about the Honor & Valor edition. The official documentation on the website states "Available with 2SS trim level and RS Exterior Appearance Package
(RPO: WRS)"

Yet All (that I've seen so far) the articles, and information (other than the Chevrolet website) indicate ..."essentially a stock 2012 Camaro SS, but throws in several unique touches..."

Would appreciate some light shed on this. Do you have to have an "SS" WITH the RS package or can it be a STOCK SS without the RS?

The descriptions are rather confusing.. Thanks

Camarosource.ca FACEBOOK PAGE - EXCLUSIVE INFO On upcoming Camarosource.ca V5.0 and More!!

camarosource is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #97
USAFR

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 85 Z28,99 740iL
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarosource View Post
Confused about the Honor & Valor edition. The official documentation on the website states "Available with 2SS trim level and RS Exterior Appearance Package
(RPO: WRS)"

Yet All (that I've seen so far) the articles, and information (other than the Chevrolet website) indicate ..."essentially a stock 2012 Camaro SS, but throws in several unique touches..."

Would appreciate some light shed on this. Do you have to have an "SS" WITH the RS package or can it be a STOCK SS without the RS?

The descriptions are rather confusing.. Thanks

I think the Honor and Valor is based on a 2SS with RS included in package price. I got confirmation on the RS being included from GM order center where I placed my initial order and then when Becky checked my order number, which I received today, she said the order shows that the RS package is included. I was hoping that was the case so that I wouldn't have to pay extra to add it.

Ordered 2012 Honor and Valor Limited Edition 2SS/RS, SW, Auto
1100 ?, order placed directly by GM
2000 ?
3000 08/15/2011, TPW 9/5
3800 09/07/2011
4200 09/07/2011
USAFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:58 AM   #98
Plexus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3
I saw one of these at the California State Fair! Damn it! I took a picture of the Syngery Green one next to it instead of this one. >.>
Plexus is offline   Reply With Quote