Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-23-2009, 09:33 AM   #71
Steve@Vectormotorsports

Drives: Firehawk
I believe for it to be a fair shootout both platforms should be tested.
Steve@Vectormotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:41 AM   #72
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve@Vectormotorsports View Post
Ted will you be testing these on the L99 as well as the LS3?
I am certainly considering it, the problem comes in with the auto on the dyno.

In order to get a fair test the transmisson must be locked in high gear with converter locked to make a full sweep from 2000 to 6400.

The transmission will not stay in one gear otherwise.

I can easily do this but it cost 100.00 for the HP tuner license for that car so it will be up to the customer lending his or her car for the testing.

I am already incuring a tremedous cost, just trying to keep it under control.

Since both engines use the same air box mass air meter I expect similar results.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:44 AM   #73
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verio View Post
I've got an L99 that would love to be a test-bed.... haha.
Thank you for the offer, we should talk.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:51 AM   #74
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
- Bad ass buddy. Can't wait to see the outcome.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #75
ORANGE U NV

Drives: The Wife Crazy
I had already ordered my Roto-fab CAI when this thread started. It arrived undamaged and neatly packed in a cutout foam base. I just finished the install and did a fuse pull overnight. I am very happy with the quality, color instructions and the easy install. :w00t

Personally, I expect all CAI's to produce about the same amount of increase. I based my purchase on the comments shared on this forum and the details of the product. Honestly, when it arrived it exceeded my expectations when I inspected the craftsmanship of the product.

I'm really disappointed that Roto-fab has not responded or provided a reason for not participating in this test. I don't race and I just wanted a good CAI for the money. I'm still satisfied that Roto-fab is a good value and don't regret my purchase............ but com'on guys. Hell, if I had not installed it already I would have shipped it for testing. Hellooooo............you guys are on this forum all the time.

I'm a customer, and I'm calling y'all out and throwing down the bull$**t card!

2010 2SS IOM/IOM L99 Black Rally Stripes, Polished Wheels, Loudmouth II, Rotofab CAI, IOM Heritage Grille,Tune by Jeremy Formato (Fasterproms Tuning).
ORANGE U NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:31 PM   #76
Fastlane

Drives: 2010 Silver 2SS
Send a message via Skype™ to Fastlane
We will ship one by the end of the week. Let me know if you have any questions......
Fastlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:51 PM   #77
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastlane View Post
We will ship one by the end of the week. Let me know if you have any questions......
That is 5 anyone else?
Revolution
ADM, Recieved 09-23-09
LMR
TSP
Fastlane

Ted.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #78
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Vararam better get in on this test...

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #79
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
Vararam better get in on this test...
Yeah seriously. Actually I have an idea. Whoever's product wins this test, I say they should sell those to Ted at wholesale and we all buy them from him so he gets something out of this.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:46 PM   #80
MaroSS
ZL1

Drives: 10' SS/RS - Sold; 15' White ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number_9 View Post
No, no... this thread DOES kick a$$!
Your right ... how foolish of me
Old 09-23-2009, 03:01 PM   #81
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORANGE U NV View Post
I had already ordered my Roto-fab CAI when this thread started. It arrived undamaged and neatly packed in a cutout foam base. I just finished the install and did a fuse pull overnight. I am very happy with the quality, color instructions and the easy install. :w00t

Personally, I expect all CAI's to produce about the same amount of increase. I based my purchase on the comments shared on this forum and the details of the product. Honestly, when it arrived it exceeded my expectations when I inspected the craftsmanship of the product.

I'm really disappointed that Roto-fab has not responded or provided a reason for not participating in this test. I don't race and I just wanted a good CAI for the money. I'm still satisfied that Roto-fab is a good value and don't regret my purchase............ but com'on guys. Hell, if I had not installed it already I would have shipped it for testing. Hellooooo............you guys are on this forum all the time.

I'm a customer, and I'm calling y'all out and throwing down the bull$**t card!

Send them a PM w/ the link, they could have missed it....Most likely not but there is always that possibility.

Vararam should send their no tune unit as well.

Ted,
Thanks again for doing this. I remember the old LT1 days myself...
My 96 LT1 TA:
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:38 PM   #82
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Roto-fab CAI

A vendor sent us a link to this thread...it sounds like a great idea and we would like to be involved with it! One of our systems will be sent out to you yet this week. We were involved with a similar competition with our HEMI intake. It resulted in good info for consumers and produced a big spike in sales for us!

I do have a few suggestions stemming from that comparison. The promoters reviewed and posted pics of:
1) packaging/condition of product upon arrival
2) ease of installation/instructions thorough?
3) fit and finish
4) performance/drivability

While performance is definitely the driving force behind our intake designs, we realize our customers consider all of the qualities listed above to be relevant to their purchasing decision. That's why we put a great deal of effort and attention to detail towards each one of these issues.
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #83
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
A vendor sent us a link to this thread...it sounds like a great idea and we would like to be involved with it! One of our systems will be sent out to you yet this week. We were involved with a similar competition with our HEMI intake. It resulted in good info for consumers and produced a big spike in sales for us!

I do have a few suggestions stemming from that comparison. The promoters reviewed and posted pics of:
1) packaging/condition of product upon arrival
2) ease of installation/instructions thorough?
3) fit and finish
4) performance/drivability

While performance is definitely the driving force behind our intake designs, we realize our customers consider all of the qualities listed above to be relevant to their purchasing decision. That's why we put a great deal of effort and attention to detail towards each one of these issues.
Great to see Roto-Fab join the fray. I am very interested to see the results.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:50 PM   #84
gmag21
gmag21

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to gmag21 Send a message via Skype™ to gmag21
LMR needs to step to the plate, and Vararam.

L99 | Billyboat Exhaust, American Racing Headers, Pfadt Springs and Sways, Tune | 350 whp / 371 tq
gmag21 is offline   Reply With Quote