Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #15
94guy

Drives: 99 Camaro; 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
yes $2495 for just the clutch setup also I forgot it's the Billet and comes with the slave cylinder. i'm not asking $2500 and will make someone a really good deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
$2500, was that an installed price?

I am going with a Street Slayer Twin just because it is rebuildable and has a great reputation.

I guess now I will be waiting on the Camaro5 deal from Hendrix Engineering. Hope it comes out soon, my clutch will not last much longer.

2010 Camaro
Stock bottom end with 46,000+miles JRE remote tuning Whipple A6 and Drive it to and from the track 9.46@146
94guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #16
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by partymn View Post
I see what you are saying Matt but the problem with power is that you almost never stay at what you got. However if the OP is planning on staying at his current power level the ER2 could be a good option for him.
I'll stand behind this clutch well over 600rwhp... Used it many times for SC applications in the 700+ rwhp range. Of course if its going to be a drag car or use sticky tires on launching, I do prefer the twin since it does slip a little easier and does have more holding power of course. However, for a street car, the single disc has been proven to hold a ton of power.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #17
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
Well we all love a really good deal. My clutch is on its last leg, I am surprised it has lasted this long. 10 launches at 600+ RWHP has taken its toll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94guy View Post
yes $2495 for just the clutch setup also I forgot it's the Billet and comes with the slave cylinder. i'm not asking $2500 and will make someone a really good deal.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:26 AM   #18
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
I predict I'm going to need something like this in the semi-near future. Any idea what a fair labor price would be for a reputable shop to install?
Any good guesstimates on what an install (labor) price should be for a clutch?
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #19
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
Any good guesstimates on what an install (labor) price should be for a clutch?
$500 or so... Depends, usually if people are installing and purchasing parts with us we work a better deal. But that is about the range.
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #20
mstanford.us
Mark Stanford

Drives: Black 2010 SS LS3
I put in a Hendrix Engineering Street Slayer twin carbon this spring and I love it. Very little break in, great street manners. It's a little more "grabby" than the other 2 clutches I had in the car, but nothing annoying, just have to hold the sticking point a fraction of a second longer.

Last weekend was the 1st of many trips to the drag strip I plan to abuse this clutch with, and it performed GREAT. (My last clutch, Centerforce Dual Friction single disk with steel billet fly wheel fried after 150 passes at the strip, and I could barely limp the car home with a slipping clutch.) Stock clutch had the "pedal sticking to the floor on hard launch" problem. I never had this with the Centerforce, which I had put in to address this issue, and have not had it with 7 trips down the 1/4mi so far with the HE.
CAI, Kooks 1 7/8" 3", LG G6X3, Remote tune by Ted Jannetty JRE God of Tuning, ID 8500 injectors, ZL1 Fuel system, BMR, Yellaterra, Lunati Valve train, Street Slayer Carbon Twin. Numbers pending Dyno test.
mstanford.us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #21
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by blufin View Post
I've got the Street Slayer twin carbon and I love it. Excellent street manors and holds a ton of torque.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstanford.us View Post
I put in a Hendrix Engineering Street Slayer twin carbon this spring and I love it. Very little break in, great street manners. It's a little more "grabby" than the other 2 clutches I had in the car, but nothing annoying, just have to hold the sticking point a fraction of a second longer.

Last weekend was the 1st of many trips to the drag strip I plan to abuse this clutch with, and it performed GREAT. (My last clutch, Centerforce Dual Friction single disk with steel billet fly wheel fried after 150 passes at the strip, and I could barely limp the car home with a slipping clutch.) Stock clutch had the "pedal sticking to the floor on hard launch" problem. I never had this with the Centerforce, which I had put in to address this issue, and have not had it with 7 trips down the 1/4mi so far with the HE.
Great to hear guys!!! Thanks for the reviews!!!! We never get tired of the rave reviews!
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #22
BigMatt
2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to BigMatt
Another vote for street slayer twin carbon here! Fantastic clutch.
Forged LS3, FED M311 heads, CAI Inc, ARH 1 7/8, Corsa Xtreme, Taylor Wires, MGW Shifter, Street slayer twin carbon clutch, Tick braided clutch line & speed bleeder, ZL1 Diff Swap, BMR Split drop, Sway Bars, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Pro bushing kit, Carslyle racing 15in conversion, Whipple, LPE dual fuel pumps, Rx catch can, Id1300x, Alky Control
BigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #23
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMatt View Post
Another vote for street slayer twin carbon here! Fantastic clutch.
Thank you!
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:36 AM   #24
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
This 2010 SS M6 is the first manual I've owned in like... ever. And the sad truth is I'm never going to be the best at things like getting going on a hill at a light behind cars, etc; I tend to let it slip too much and I'm afraid I'm burning out the clutch prematurely.
When they give out in a car like this is "just" a clutch kit usually all you need, possibly like the one recommended in an earlier post (Mantic ER2 Single Clutch Disc Kit)?
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:44 AM   #25
Biscuitpie

Drives: '11 Cammed LS3, '14 Scion FRS
Thanks for all of the recommendations, everyone! I'm probably gonna go with the Mantic once I get set up with a shop. But I also have a feeling that it may not even be my clutch... It broke while I was in gear, there was no burning smell, it never slipped before, and it never grabbed high. Do you guys think it broke anyway or maybe it's the output shaft or something? What would cost more to fix?

SOLD with a Z06 in the not too distant future: Cammed, boltons, axles, lowered, and more. | 476 WHP
Biscuitpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #26
BigMatt
2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to BigMatt
Could be a slave cylinder issue. You need to remove the tranny either way so might as well upgrade while you're in there.
Forged LS3, FED M311 heads, CAI Inc, ARH 1 7/8, Corsa Xtreme, Taylor Wires, MGW Shifter, Street slayer twin carbon clutch, Tick braided clutch line & speed bleeder, ZL1 Diff Swap, BMR Split drop, Sway Bars, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Pro bushing kit, Carslyle racing 15in conversion, Whipple, LPE dual fuel pumps, Rx catch can, Id1300x, Alky Control
BigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #27
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Yes to the above.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #28
Biscuitpie

Drives: '11 Cammed LS3, '14 Scion FRS
The dealer said it wasn't a hydraulic issue but they wouldn't open up the tranny for free so its on the way to a performance shop right now. Won't know anything till next week though.

SOLD with a Z06 in the not too distant future: Cammed, boltons, axles, lowered, and more. | 476 WHP
Biscuitpie is offline   Reply With Quote