Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 06-12-2013, 01:51 AM   #1
jesse454545

Drives: 2011 CAMARO 2SS/RS
Lingenfelter Max-Cx ZR1 Clutch

I have a 2011 SS camaro and the car is in the shop its been there for 2 weeks trying to install the ZR1 clutch and they cant figure it out. The problem they are having is that the OEM master cylinder connection and the Slave cylinder connection do no connect with one another. I called Lingerfelter that's where i bought the clutch and they said everything should line up properly. But it doesn't is there anything different i can tell them to do or something i can buy to have these connections connect with one another? Thanks for the help
jesse454545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:18 AM   #2
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Replied to your PM, but here's the thread if you didn't see it.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=zr1

Check with Lingenfelter about their kit. Not sure if they include a custom bent connection line at the slave cylinder or has a different slave. I bought the SLP ZR1 kit with steel flywheel. At the time, most of the ZR1 kits I researched had to bend the connection line at the slave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse454545 View Post
I have a 2011 SS camaro and the car is in the shop its been there for 2 weeks trying to install the ZR1 clutch and they cant figure it out. The problem they are having is that the OEM master cylinder connection and the Slave cylinder connection do no connect with one another. I called Lingerfelter that's where i bought the clutch and they said everything should line up properly. But it doesn't is there anything different i can tell them to do or something i can buy to have these connections connect with one another? Thanks for the help
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:03 PM   #3
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
The new slave cylinder with that kit is not in the same position as the old slave so the hydraulic line that goes into the slave cylinder needs to be bent to fit and some slight cutting of the bellhousing may be needed.