Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 08-10-2016, 08:39 AM   #1
Travis104

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Another Dynosteve review

I took my 2014 ZL1 to RDP for 18% lower pulley, Kooks headers, ID850 injectors, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, 160 thermostat, line lock, LS3 throttle body, dynotune, plugs, and wires. I already had my CAI, and MM catch can installed before I went. I called a few months in advance, and we agreed on a price. I made hotel reservations and rental car reservations as I was staying near his shop until my car was finished. The week I was to go, I called to confirm everything was good. It was realized that he was going to be short staffed, and was not going to be able to get my car in later in the week, but Steve said if I could make it work and bring the car up the day I called, he would do all the work for 50% off. What I already thought was a good deal, became a great deal. I made this work, and took my car to Steve that day. The work that was done looked great, due to time constraints, the line lock was not installed, however they did make custom metal tubing for the rotofab reservoir and I thought it looked very good, and the car ran great on my 5 hour drive home.
A couple days later, I stared getting a service vehicle soon light. After talking with Steve, it was determined that HP tuners had changed/moved a couple things in their software, and I just happened to be one of the first cars to get tuned after this. Steve said that he would take care of it and order a box from HP tuners to be able to remotely tune my dyno tuned car. This took months, problem seemed to be with HP tuners sending the box. After I received the box I spent a few hours on the phone with Steve trying to tune the car. The box that was sent, would not communicate with his computer and would not work. As a result of this, Steve offered to drive to me to fix the tune in my car. I met Steve and Victor about an hour and a half from my house, which left Steve and Victor with almost a 7 hour round trip drive just to tweak my tune.
Overall, I am very happy with the work that was done, and the impressive customer service that Steve has. There were a few hiccups along the way, but I can't think of another tuner willing to drive 7 hours to tweak a customers tune. Thanks again for all of the work you did on my car, and the top notch customer service.

Travis
Travis104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:34 PM   #2
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Steve is the best, not surprised

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:37 AM   #3
bobfic

Drives: 2019 ZL1
That's great, this is how you retain a business and get new customers, by great customer service.
Your write up, just might sway new customers his way.
I also had some minor work done, great group of guys.
bobfic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:10 PM   #4
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
I don't use him .....but after your write up I will definitely recommend him to my neighbour 4 doors down that looks like he just picked up a 2010 to 13 Camaro SS. I already has my car done by a tuner 3 hours from my house before I heard of Steve. It's funny how vendors that take the time to help and don't don't their opinions 9n yoi seem to do well here
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:45 PM   #5
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
That is awesome customer service. Thanks for sharing.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 09:18 PM   #6
Travis104

I'm glad my review may get him some new customers. He even gave me a free t-shirt...haha. Getting ready to make the 7 hour drive to LS Fest next week. Should be a good time.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:27 AM   #7
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Was already a dynoSteve believer, this just reinforces that!

BTW - Just curious, what was the HP tuner issue causing the CEL?

Also what did your rear wheel HP go to?
Old 12-27-2016, 08:04 PM   #8
Travis104

Sorry, just saw this. It was a just a box that had to be check marked. I forget what exactly is was now, but it was literally a 5 minute job it that. I have had the car on several long trips (LS Fest this year was almost a 7 hour drive) and the car has not had a check engine light again as of yet.

The car made 570rwhp on his dyno (dyno dynamics). I think they read a little lower than the dynojet dyno's.