Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-27-2011, 04:15 AM   #1
boro62

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS
Low oil pressure message....final draw with chevy

I bought my car in November of 2009 and have 37,000 miles on it...and here are the issues ive had to deal with...

Within the first 3,000 miles I had a rock puncture my ac condenser and my dealership would not cover it under warranty...because they said it was caused by road debris

Within 10,000 miles I had a cel that turned out to b a coil pack. The first dealership I went to refused the warranty and blamed the problem on the afe intake I had on

Between 20,0000-25,000 miles my power steering pump blew but I had a tune and headers and my warranty is now void and had to pay out of pocket

25,000-30,000 miles blew my second power steering problem

Recently I have had my cel light flash on and off... Take it to the dealership and they tell me no codes thrown...not like it matters since I'm already tagged for the tune and voided warranty

I'm at 37,000 miles and I got the low pressure shut off engine message. I'm not even going to bother with a dealership and waste tow mo ey just to get told my warranty is void

I'm hoping it's a bad sensor...and not the oil pump or anything more serious....

The car is going back to stock and I'm trading this car in.....I've always been an import car guy bit gave chevy a chance because Ive always loved camaros...for this being my first chevy experience....it Has been a horrible one and a nightmare

I'm trading this car I. Within the next month for anything other than chevy....
boro62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 05:19 AM   #2
CamaroMiami

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3, 92 Camaro RS
I understand your frustration but, wait until the zl1 arrives.
Voided warranties, well you knew that when you did the tune, right?
I believe a lot of issues people were having with the SS's will be solved with the ZL1.
If I may make a suggestion, trade up to the ZL1. It will be built to withstand some stress.
I'm almost sure GM is still tweaking and solving the weak parts.

Last edited by CamaroMiami; 08-27-2011 at 05:21 AM. Reason: spelling
CamaroMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:23 AM   #3
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroMiami View Post
I understand your frustration but, wait until the zl1 arrives.
Voided warranties, well you knew that when you did the tune, right?
I believe a lot of issues people were having with the SS's will be solved with the ZL1.
If I may make a suggestion, trade up to the ZL1. It will be built to withstand some stress.
I'm almost sure GM is still tweaking and solving the weak parts.
I am sorry,but a tune and headers should not void a warranty on a power steering problem.If I went thru what he went thru,I doubt I would touch chevy again,either.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:45 AM   #4
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Why would a puncture from road debris be covered under warranty?

As for the PS, who installed your headers and are you sure the install did not damage PS lines?

Obviously a tune and headers do not directly affect steering, but once you turn someone loose in the engine compartment, stuff happens.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
boro62

The dealership told me that the ac condenser was not under warranty because it 1) considered an accident because of road debris/hazard 2) since I told them I was driving my car up in the mountains hard when it happened it can also b considered abuse. I figured at the time that I should disclose everything I was doing so they had an idea of the circumstances when the ac went out and mayb it could help them diag the problem.

And the ps was not the ps line. It was actually the ps pump seizing on me and the serpentine belt connected to it came off rendering the car undriveable. O yea when the second ps pump died on me I was in the middle of the desert driving back from las Vegas to la...that tow back was retarded expensive btw.

O ya and today Im getting the car towed again because I'm afraid to drive it with no oil pressure thinking it might do even more damage.

Granted I knew I was going to void my warranty when I tuned etc. But I didn't expect the car to fall apart on me with things that shouldn't b breaking.

I'm really hoping this time it's a bad sensor giving the low oil pressure warning...and not the oil pump that apparently there is a tsp out for but again...voided warranty means out of my own pocket on something that even they know is bad.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #6
boro62

Oh yea lessen learned buy a chevy u better have AAA premier

At least u guys will see some good deals on parts in the classified section in the next couple of weeks....
Old 08-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #7
Cristoff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS in Red Jewel
Hmm, I'm at over 21,000 in 9 months and haven't had problem one. It's probably because i have chosen to leave the engine and drivetrain alone.

These cars are engineered very well. When you start messing with it, it seems that problems arise all over the board. While I understand people's need to add power, just slapping on parts and a "tune" from a place that had nothing to do with the engineering of the car and usually have no idea what they are doing is begging for problems.

I'd love to be more sympathetic but as a long time employee witinin the Automotive industry, I can tell you for a fact that most of the "average Joes" out there should not even open their hoods. The systems are far too complex for the shadetree mechanic now. I'm sorry, but it's true.

As far as the AC compressor goes, please tell me how you justify a rock hitting it as something that should be warrantied.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
I can totally understand why they would not cover the ac. That's common sense. My Chevy's have always been very dependable. I'm sorry for your issues, but don't make it sound like because your's is bad, they are all bad. Not even close.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #9
boro62

Maybe u guys r right...and maybe I did bring this on myself as u guys r saying...either way...I'm just frustrated with it all and am throwing in the towel.

Sympathize with me or not...this is how I feel about the whole situation...agree with me disagree with me...to each his own.

Im just a frustrated camaro...
Old 08-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #10
kennyo

Drives: 2017 2SS Hyper Blue
I wonder how much money chevy has saved by hiding behind a tune when their chitty oil pumps fail.