Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-24-2012, 01:35 AM   #15
Jyrine

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
For one I want to thank everyone for all the helpful information.

Now, I believe I may have missed some stuff in my original post, talking about the 1000rwhp and such kinda threw off my question.

I believe I'm reading this all correctly so bare with me. You're saying I can put out about 5-7lbs of boost from this Twin Turbo kit, without any engine mod, and it should be pretty much run fine?

I mean I realize any modification from stock limits the life a little, but I was under the impression anything besides maybe 1-2lbs would just destroy the motor without it having its compression lowered, and all the gaskets changed to handle the difference. Shows I'm a little behind the times.

So I hate to ask the same question, especially when everyone has been so quick and helpful, but the majority answer seems to be:

1.) 5-7lbs will be fine on stock motor.
2.) This company sells a safe and reliable Twin Turbo kit.
3.) I can complete just do a bolt on job (not me but a shop) and I should find little issue.

Am I correct on all of this?
Old 07-24-2012, 01:47 AM   #16
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrine View Post

Now, I believe I may have missed some stuff in my original post, talking about the 1000rwhp and such kinda threw off my question.

I believe I'm reading this all correctly so bare with me. You're saying I can put out about 5-7lbs of boost from this Twin Turbo kit, without any engine mod, and it should be pretty much run fine?

I mean I realize any modification from stock limits the life a little, but I was under the impression anything besides maybe 1-2lbs would just destroy the motor without it having its compression lowered, and all the gaskets changed to handle the difference. Shows I'm a little behind the times.

So I hate to ask the same question, especially when everyone has been so quick and helpful, but the majority answer seems to be:

3.) I can complete just do a bolt on job (not me but a shop) and I should find little issue.

1) Yes, 5-7 is perfect, ~600-650 is as far as you want to go on this block
2) Yes, Both Phastek and IPS are great companies. I personally know Sean & Jason from Phastek and they take care of business.
3) Yes, but find a good shop/tuner to do the work.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #17
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
Quote:
Alright C5, I'm looking into a twin turbo kit for my 11' SS and I've come across QUITE the steal.

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...twin-turbo.htm

Apparently, this company for the low price (seems low to me) of $8999, will send you a complete Twin turbo kit, capable of producing up to 1000hp on pump gas.

Alright, so what's the catch I'm stuck up on? It claims its BOLT ON with, get this, NO need to change the stock internals.

Now unless I'm missing something, the only thing I know that can actually be bolted on is the E-Force supercharger, and even those can cause little issues. I mean I know the LSX family is built EXTREMELY well...But 1000hp on pump gas and stock internals?

Is this too good to be true? does anyone have experience with them? Am I asking too many questions?

And I'll ask now since I think I know how this TT kit is going to end up, does anyone here know of a site where I can order a really good TT kit? Doesn't need insane HP and TQ seeing as I REALLY don't want to change stock internals. And I mean REALLY don't want too.

Once again, thank you in advance for the help I'm sure you'll provide.
I actually have this kit. I didn't buy it from phastek though.(straight from IPS) the kit is rated for 1000whp but the way it comes running 8.5psi spring it makes around 660 on a 6sp car and that's probably where you should leave it unless you do forged internals. I actually ordered mine and asked for 6psi springs. Made 589 @6psi I didn't want to push the engine so hard. Then I got a Eboost2 to have the ability to adjust. I was missing some coolant lines when I received the kit May 2011 I called them and they sent it to me no questions asked. 18000 miles no issues with the kit.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:40 AM   #18
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Quote:

If you want to run 5-7 psi make sure you let them know. I don't know what springs they use now but last year it was ~8psi and you can't go below what the wastegate spring is. So request the lower psi springs
Old 07-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #19
camslambam
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS, 06 SRT10 Ram
If I was boosting anything I would look at making sure I had enough injectors and fuel pump. It's critical that you get enough fuel. Now say if you just throw on a TT and boost 5-7psi you probably will be around 500rwhp or something and you probably won't need another fuel pump or injectors, but they're always essential and smart to have.

I would say you can get away with 10psi all day on an LS3 as long as you put good gas through it. Hell I know most people hate it but I would meth the sucker.
camslambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:27 PM   #20
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

haven't seen any TTs that low at 5-7. I personally would say injectors are a must. and boost-a-pump or new fuel pump/pumps.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:21 PM   #21
Jyrine

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Thanks everyone for the clarity. Surely gave me a direction. Didn't realise our LS3's could handle that time of daily PSI.

I know a few were suggesting higher PSI, forged internals, or meth *cough* camslambam *cough* but I'm looking at keeping it as a daily driver, and that type of stuff won't exactly do good for mourning commutes.

I'll be sure to get a video up of me stomping a GT500 or something once everything is greenlighted.

Until then, thank you guys again for all the helpful information.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #22
Jchaluja

Drives: ZL1 Camaro
I have not read the details on the IPS kit, but I'm sure they will not sell it without the appropriate supporting fuel needs that comes with thw TT's. IPS kit will be perfect IMO, the day you want more power, all you need is work on your internals and you're set.....I know! I started where you are (7 psi) with my TT and now I can push 760 whp if I want with just flipping a switch......I also believe that TT's are easier on the drivetrain and engine itself, but that's a different debate....good luck and feel free to pm me if you have any questions! I've been there, done that for over 3 yrs with my car....
Jchaluja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kit, phastekperformance, stock, turbo, twin turbo