Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #29
hognutz

Drives: 2013 ZL1
It won't sell for that. people don't go to ebay to pay 16k over msrp. since my ordre has been delayed I have watched about 5 dealers do this so far and none have sold cars through ebay yet.

Just search the history. the silver one that had msrp as researve will probably be the first ZL-1 to sell unless they cancel it.
2013 ZL1 -sold
2007 Z06- sold
2014 Chrysler 300
2011 Duramax 8" lift, deleted tuned
hognutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #30
Thyshallsmite

Drives: 2011 Grand sport c6 corvette
Thought i saw a zl1 at the dealership, place is about 10minutes from my job pasted it on the way home and was like ......wait was that a zl1. Though i am tempted to go test drive it I really wanna see the difference between the SS and zl1.
Thyshallsmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #31
Tally Ho

Drives: 2006 Corvette conv/2007 Avalanche
This scenario has been going on for decades. When GM announced that the 1976 Cadillac Eldorado was going to be last production convertible, dealer mark ups went rampant. You can't give one away now. The 1978 Corvette Indy Pace replica was gouged. The 1990 Corvette ZR1 had an MSRP just under $60K. The first one sold for $125K. I can buy low mileage versions all day long under $30K now. The 2006 Z06 was the same way.

As long as there are those who have to be first and have deep pockets, the dealers will mark up the hot tickets. I have the money but I don't need to be first. I refuse to pay a mark up or an addendum. I'm number one on my dealer's list for a 2013 ZL1 convertible guaranteed not to exceed MSRP.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #32
FAST ZL1

Drives: 2012 Ashen Grey ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tally Ho View Post
This scenario has been going on for decades. When GM announced that the 1976 Cadillac Eldorado was going to be last production convertible, dealer mark ups went rampant. You can't give one away now. The 1978 Corvette Indy Pace replica was gouged. The 1990 Corvette ZR1 had an MSRP just under $60K. The first one sold for $125K. I can buy low mileage versions all day long under $30K now. The 2006 Z06 was the same way.

As long as there are those who have to be first and have deep pockets, the dealers will mark up the hot tickets. I have the money but I don't need to be first. I refuse to pay a mark up or an addendum. I'm number one on my dealer's list for a 2013 ZL1 convertible guaranteed not to exceed MSRP.
Exactly
FAST ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:01 PM   #33
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAST ZL1 View Post
I am sorry if my analogy wasn't to you liking. Your one of those liberal nut jobs that think the government needs to regulate everything, aren't you? You seem to attack everybody that doesn't agree with you. This is a free market society. They can sell at whatever price they want. I can decide for myself if I want to buy it or not. I don't agree with their tactics for running a good business but I am not them. I have my own business and know that you need to be competitive with your pricing but I just don't like people saying what I have to do. I also don't tell my distributors what they have to do. If my distributor starts charging to much he will lose sales. If he loses sales his numbers will start to drop. When his numbers start to drop I will cut him because he isn't meeting expectations. I don't need to tell him what he has to do.
wow liberal nut job. LOL. thanks for calling me something based off this thread. Can you please tell me my stance on the current president and congress? How about the industry I said I'm getting into. what about the fact the FDA is wanting to regulate premium cigars. They want to pretty much take all rights away from the consumer to even enjoy them in an establishment set aside for such things. LOL. god I become a liberal nut job because I don't support blatant raping of your customers.

you don't like people saying what you have to do? so you start losing customers because you raised your prices, and that isn't them telling you what to do? Sorry. Actions also tell people what to do. and this stealership is trying to dictate and tell the customer what things are worth. not the market.

If two customers walked in and said they wanted to buy the car and offered X over mrsp for the car. then you'd be right. but a dealership blatantly doing something like this is not what the market is doing. There is no bidding going on in that listing. it's listed as a buy it now and make an offer. And I'll guarantee you if you offered sticker for it. they wouldn't accept it. being I don't have 50-60k right now to test this theory. I hope someone does.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #34
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
okay, so let me get this straight. someone in America is wanting to sell something for more than what they paid for it? those bastards!

second comes an Ozzie news flash: this is America. the home of the free and the brave. also home to capitalism and free enterprise.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #35
FAST ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro View Post
okay, so let me get this straight. someone in America is wanting to sell something for more than what they paid for it? those bastards!

second comes an Ozzie news flash: this is America. the home of the free and the brave. also home to capitalism and free enterprise.
Again, exactly.

How many things do we see on Ebay going for more than what we want to pay. You don't have to drink the coolaid.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #36
bumblebeecamaro
Car Lover By Nature

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue Metallic SS
Quote:
Again, exactly.

How many things do we see on Ebay going for more than what we want to pay. You don't have to drink the coolaid.
true.

but at the same time, you shouldn't be selling your coolaid for more than what you paid for it. lol J/K
Old 04-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #37
FAST ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
wow liberal nut job. LOL. thanks for calling me something based off this thread. Can you please tell me my stance on the current president and congress? How about the industry I said I'm getting into. what about the fact the FDA is wanting to regulate premium cigars. They want to pretty much take all rights away from the consumer to even enjoy them in an establishment set aside for such things. LOL. god I become a liberal nut job because I don't support blatant raping of your customers.

you don't like people saying what you have to do? so you start losing customers because you raised your prices, and that isn't them telling you what to do? Sorry. Actions also tell people what to do. and this stealership is trying to dictate and tell the customer what things are worth. not the market.

If two customers walked in and said they wanted to buy the car and offered X over mrsp for the car. then you'd be right. but a dealership blatantly doing something like this is not what the market is doing. There is no bidding going on in that listing. it's listed as a buy it now and make an offer. And I'll guarantee you if you offered sticker for it. they wouldn't accept it. being I don't have 50-60k right now to test this theory. I hope someone does.

Actually I can't quite get a handle on what you are now. All I can say is that if I don't like the price on Ebay I just won't make a bid. There are lots of things on Ebay that are over priced. You don't have to drink the coolaid.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #38
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Actually I can't quite get a handle on what you are now. All I can say is that if I don't like the price on Ebay I just won't make a bid. There are lots of things on Ebay that are over priced. You don't have to drink the coolaid.
there is no bid. it's a buy it now listing. if there was an auction and it started at sticker then there's no argument. other then how stupid the buyer really is. but then again if someone goes and pays the 73k for it. then we can still talk about how stupid the buyer was.

Either way the market isn't saying this is a 73k car. it says that it's a 54k plus options car. with the day and age we are in you can always fly to another dealership and pick up the car at msrp or below. The stealership is trying to rape an uneducated sap. and being a capitalist why limit yourself to few sales? being a capitalist should make you want to have continued success.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #39
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
This just in....indeed water is wet
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #40
FAST ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post

All I can say is that alot of liberal's are cool with things until it affects them. Only then do they cry foul. As far as the blatant raping thing goes, rape doesn't count if you laid back and allowed it to happen. Just say no, dude.

As a business owner that would be my choice. You are telling me that if some cheap bastard came in and decided that your cigar was not worth the 5 bucks you are asking because he knows you only paid 4 that you would be compelled to sell it to them for 4 bucks. Good luck with you business. You think this dealership is fooling anybody with the high price? I don't see anybody that is fooled here.

All I can say is lots of things are higher on Ebay than I am willing to pay. You do have a choice not to buy.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #41
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
All I can say is lots of things are higher on Ebay than I am willing to pay. You do have a choice not to buy.
and there's a lot of things cheaper too.

The option to not buy hasn't been the issue. it's been the dealership sucking some uneducated sap into paying way too much. That's why it's not right. The uneducated SOB will buy it. and then learn his mistake and turn all his friends away from that stealership. and because some sales manager wanted to make a quick extra 16k they will lose business in the long run. and quite possible GM. look at how many people come on to this forum and blame GM for problems that are caused by dealerships. this isn't capitalism, it's highway robbery.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #42
FAST ZL1

This is exactly why people need to do a little research. If you go buy a car on Ebay and you don't have a clue what you are paying you deserve it.

I am not agreeing in what the dealership is charging. You are right in that the dealership will pay for it. That is how the free market is supposed to work. It sounds like you are finally catching on. This will not affect GM in the slightest.