Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
osprey6

Drives: 2012 45th vert
New TSB for Vert is out

Gents,
I saw saw a new TSB was released today (3 Apr). I was at the dealership getting an oil change and saw it sitting on a desk. I didnt take it (I should have) but wanted to let everyone know one came out. I am sure we have plenty of smart folks on here with connections to track it down----
osprey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:58 PM   #2
cflbuckeye

Drives: 2012 Convertible Camaro 2SS w/RS
I just had 2012 vert in today (they were replacing the radio face plate), and they also reprogramed the S.D.M. (not sure what the acronym stands for), but they said it had to do with the airbags. On my receipt it says "Performed Factory Required Recall---12065".

Not sure if that's it, but they said they had a TSB for it.
cflbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #3
osprey6

Drives: 2012 45th vert
When I was at the dealer at 1000 am the service manager told me one will be out in about two weeks. When I stop to get me car they just printed on off (3pm). I too had my airbag sensor reprogrammed today.
osprey6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #4
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
I had my car in the shop today for a whole different reason almost lost a wheel.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213993

They performed this recall and now my airbag light is flashing. I spoke with the tech and I'll bring it back tomorrow for "reprogramming".
Old 04-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by osprey6 View Post
Gents,
I saw saw a new TSB was released today (3 Apr). I was at the dealership getting an oil change and saw it sitting on a desk. I didnt take it (I should have) but wanted to let everyone know one came out. I am sure we have plenty of smart folks on here with connections to track it down----
I got to view it today when I was at the dealership with the technician that works on my car.

I hate to dissappoint everyone but it appears that it is all of the tsb's for our tops combined into one.

Bracket trims.
Cable tensioners.
5th bow.

etc... there may be a couple other things there.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #6
hwanger24

Drives: 11 Camaro Convert 2SS/RS
Can TSB's be only printed by GM dealers? Or do repair shops have access to them?
hwanger24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #7
Capt_Pooty
Slow Race Vert

Drives: 2011 2LT Vert
Ok, I am sorry but what is a TSB ? I have seen many threads about this but have no clue.. Thanks in advance
Capt_Pooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #8
malave7567

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Pooty View Post
Ok, I am sorry but what is a TSB ? I have seen many threads about this but have no clue.. Thanks in advance
Technical Service Bulletin
malave7567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:27 AM   #9
Capt_Pooty
Slow Race Vert

Drives: 2011 2LT Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by malave7567 View Post
Technical Service Bulletin
Ty for answering that !
Capt_Pooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #10
Acesfull5502

Drives: 2011 Red 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cflbuckeye View Post
I just had 2012 vert in today (they were replacing the radio face plate), and they also reprogramed the S.D.M. (not sure what the acronym stands for), but they said it had to do with the airbags. On my receipt it says "Performed Factory Required Recall---12065".

Not sure if that's it, but they said they had a TSB for it.
Sensing and diagnostic module. Its basically the computer that controls your airbags.

Red 2SS/ RS using tapatalk
Acesfull5502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #11
jtfire006

Drives: 2011 v-6 vert
dealer says for 2012 only for the airbag light, and its for the light coming on when no one is in the seat, not the issue we are having with it not coming on while we have a passenger, although they said it MAY fix that issuse as well
jtfire006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #12
ambientweather

Drives: 2011 Convertible 2SS
Here it is. My problem did not apply:

Condition

On certain 2012 model year Chevrolet Camaro vehicles, software in the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) may cause the airbag warning light to illuminate. This condition does not affect the performance of the airbags, and the airbags will deploy as designed.

Correction

Dealers are to reprogram the SDM.

Vehicles Involved

All involved vehicles are identified by Vehicle Identification Number on the Investigate Vehicle History screen in GM Global Warranty Management system. Dealership service personnel should always check this site to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs. It is important to routinely use this tool to verify eligibility because not all similar vehicles may be involved regardless of description or option content.
For dealers with involved vehicles, a listing with involved vehicles containing the complete vehicle identification number, customer name, and address information has been prepared and will be provided to US and Canadian dealers through the GM GlobalConnect Recall Reports, or sent directly to export dealers. Dealers will not have a report available if they have no involved vehicles currently assigned.
The listing may contain customer names and addresses obtained from Motor Vehicle Registration Records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other than follow-up necessary to complete this program is a violation of law in several states/provinces/countries. Accordingly, you are urged to limit the use of this report to the follow-up necessary to complete this program.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #13
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acesfull5502 View Post
Sensing and diagnostic module. Its basically the computer that controls your airbags.

Red 2SS/ RS using tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtfire006 View Post
dealer says for 2012 only for the airbag light, and its for the light coming on when no one is in the seat, not the issue we are having with it not coming on while we have a passenger, although they said it MAY fix that issuse as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientweather View Post
Here it is. My problem did not apply:

Condition

On certain 2012 model year Chevrolet Camaro vehicles, software in the Sensing and Diagnostic Module (SDM) may cause the airbag warning light to illuminate. This condition does not affect the performance of the airbags, and the airbags will deploy as designed.

Correction

Dealers are to reprogram the SDM.

Vehicles Involved

All involved vehicles are identified by Vehicle Identification Number on the Investigate Vehicle History screen in GM Global Warranty Management system. Dealership service personnel should always check this site to confirm vehicle involvement prior to beginning any required inspections and/or repairs. It is important to routinely use this tool to verify eligibility because not all similar vehicles may be involved regardless of description or option content.
For dealers with involved vehicles, a listing with involved vehicles containing the complete vehicle identification number, customer name, and address information has been prepared and will be provided to US and Canadian dealers through the GM GlobalConnect Recall Reports, or sent directly to export dealers. Dealers will not have a report available if they have no involved vehicles currently assigned.
The listing may contain customer names and addresses obtained from Motor Vehicle Registration Records. The use of such motor vehicle registration data for any purpose other than follow-up necessary to complete this program is a violation of law in several states/provinces/countries. Accordingly, you are urged to limit the use of this report to the follow-up necessary to complete this program.
Nope,thats not it,thats another TSB that came out earlier on the same day.
I'll post what I can on the 'vert issue below.

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #14
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Program Bulletin

Bulletin No.: 12052
Date:April 2012

CUSTOMER SATISFACTION PROGRAM
SUBJECT: Convertible Top Enhancements

MODELS: 2011-2012 Chevrolet Camaro
Equipped with Convertible Top
THIS PROGRAM IS IN EFFECT UNTIL APRIL 30, 2014.

CONDITION
Certain 2011-2012 model year Chevrolet Camaro vehicles, equipped with a convertible top,
may have a condition in which the headliner corner support bracket may contact or tear the convertible top when the top is in down position, and may have wind noise at the front and/or rear quarter glass.

CORRECTION
Dealers are to modify the corner support bracket to eliminate the possibility of a tear in the convertible top, and install wind-proofing material and adjust a tension spring to eliminate the wind noise.

There is more info.,along with pictures,but I'm unable to post them.

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote