Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-23-2007, 04:16 PM   #15
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I always thought that was more the 2nd Gens than 3rd?

91/92 were the 2 best looking years for the 3rd imo (I saw you had a 91).
Yes, I really miss my '91, but alas...babies take precedence and fitting the stroller in the "trunk" of that car was a freaking joke when daughter was born. So had to buy an Accord till she got older.

2nd gens are making a huge comeback right now, they have that style that looks good dropped on Euro-style aluminum wheels with shaved moldings and a clean paintjob. Just throw a real engine in there (since about all of them were raped from the factory with engines) and you have a very decent car.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:12 PM   #16
izwar

Drives: Silver
Lists

Do you think their will be a waiting list for the car once it is officially announced with pricing and specs at dealer ships? just curious because i know this happens with european cars but ive never had an american car before so just wondering. And i only know of one chevy dealership in miami.
izwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:27 PM   #17
Stig

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
YES.

This is probably going to be one of the biggest car releases in history.

And not to mention, from what i hear it is going to coincide with The Transformers Sequal. So get ready to wait or pay.

however, its stupid to pay markups, just go to the dealer, order your car, get an agreement in writing from them, and then wait a month or two and get your exact car for your price.
Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:16 PM   #18
MerF
Go Rays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post
And not to mention, from what i hear it is going to coincide with The Transformers Sequal. So get ready to wait or pay.
Oh wow, I never put that together. :eek:

The Camaro-haters in the office (read: Mustang and Challenger folks) are convinced that no matter what I say, there's no way anyone is picking up a Camaro at MSRP list to compare to the Mustang because of mark-up.

I'm getting more and more worried about that. I told them about our thread here to try to find the honest dealerships out there...which just means they will sell theirs faster, of course.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:42 PM   #19
izwar

Drives: Silver
oo, so even if their is a list i can just go and "order" one and just wait 2 months and get it? if that is the case then their is no problem lol, and if you order it im assuming their wont any attempts at ridiculous markups like the ones that arrive the first few weeks that are on the lot?
izwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:11 AM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Well...dealers differ. You have to look and find who the dealers are in your area. Call them and ask for a sales manager. Ask what their plans are. Tell them we have a site and are posting up their responses. It's free advertisement for them, so if they say MSRP, then post it up.

Now, a long time ago...I was told by the dealer that they only get "so many" of a certain vehicle per period. This might have meant that they only get 6 Camaros for Jan...6 Camaros in Feb, etc.... Still, you shouldn't have a problem by going into the dealer and saying you want to special order your Camaro. I've done it...and am planning on doing it again. Go for it. You'll wait 2 to 3 months, but it will be worth the wait!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:14 AM   #21
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Oh, there'll be waiting lists. :(

The dealer who I've bought my past 2 Camaro's from has had a customer offer to place a $10K deposit for a new Camaro. The dealer refused ot of course as pricing has not been set yet.

My feeling is that once pricing is announced, as well as the models and the options, the lines will start forming.

I'll place my order and wait. But as Tag said, it will be well worth the wait.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:27 AM   #22
MerF
Go Rays!

I'm wondering if the convertible will be also victim of mark-ups or if the coupe's release will be toned down enough by then.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:09 AM   #23
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Everyone that keeps worrying about markups really needs to relax. The carmaro is direct competition for the mustang, guess what, if you can buy a comparable mustang at MSRP the camaros won't sell. Dealers know this, sure there will be a few (god knows there are some screwed up dealers here in phx) that will overprice and sell a few to people who don't value a dollar. But there will be camaros available at MSRP when it is released. If your really that worried about it just check out here. Online dealer ordering at msrp and delivered to your local dealer. No hassle, No salesman, No goofing around.
Old 07-24-2007, 01:33 PM   #24
chevy4824

Drives: 1983 hurst olds
Send a message via AIM to chevy4824
i wonder how many people will preorder the car in 2008-9 after they relese the MSRP
chevy4824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:48 PM   #25
91redchevy

Drives: '13 2ss rs 1le
I know of one person who is going to......
<----------------------------
Old 07-25-2007, 03:35 PM   #26
CamaroLovers
Chevy Luv

Drives: Chevrolet
I just called a friend of ours who is in sales at a local Chevy dealer and he said they told him he would have to pay MSRP, so there's no telling what non-employees are going to have to pay through that dealer.
CamaroLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:35 AM   #27
LDiablo
Z27 Enthusiast

Drives: 2007 Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
And while I've been itching to get on a list for a convertible, I'm just soooo reluctant to do so knowing they won't include hi-po models in the first batches.

I'll take the advice here and try to get on (or create) a list of buyers wanting to spec out their own.
LDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 05:41 PM   #28
09fathomgreen

Drives: 1997 Ford
Yesterday, I finally bit the bullet and e-mailed a dealership other than the one in my town to find out if they have any information on the Camaro. I e-mailed Hambleton-Lagreca Chevrolet in Hutchinson, KS, and promptly had one of their salesman call me on the phone.
He said they already have a waiting list, and $5,000 will get you on that list, and guarantee you are one of the first to get a Camaro. Also, he said they should know by Christmas what options and colors will be available, and how much they should cost.
I live in northwest Kansas, and he said the dealership here will probably not even get a Camaro on the lot when they come out. (I knew that already, because the owner said it would probably take them several months to get one, if they get any at all in the beginning.)
I decided to e-mail Hambleton-Lagreca because that is where my family bought its last couple of new cars, and they also advertise their new cars at $500 under the suggested retail price.
Just thought I would pass along what I found out Friday, and hope it's useful to someone.
09fathomgreen is offline   Reply With Quote