Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 04-12-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Halo 4

Just got my new issue of Game Informer in, had some nice info on Halo 4 in it. I won't talk about the campaign stuff too much, but basically it explains that they are going to be focusing more on John' (the Master Chief's) story, and how Cortana is nearing the end of an AI's expected 7 year lifespan.

Main thing that I find REALLY interesting is the direction 343 industries is going with the multiplayer. Where as previous halo games didn't really have much connection between multiplayer and campaign, in Halo 4 during multiplayer you are a Spartan IV stationed on the UNSC Infinity. All the multiplayer maps and such are basically created in a holographic training room (think Danger Room from X-men or holodeck from Star Trek).

Now, you might ask - ok, what are we training FOR exactly? Simple answer - think Spec Ops missions ala Call of Duty. Better answer - These aren't just random missions like CoD. Each week, 343 industries will release a cinematic cut scene that explains the story of the UNSC Infinity, along with 5 co-op missions tied into this cut scene. The entire thing is named the "Spartan Op Season" and will largely work like a TV show. Each week a new cut scene and 5 missions get released over a period of months. REALLY looking forward to this game now that I know about that feature!
Old 04-12-2012, 01:55 PM   #2
Gigachip
Runs on Starbucks

Drives: 2012 SVT Raptor
Send a message via AIM to Gigachip
so..downfall already (unless there is something I'm missing, or not said).
you need to play every week to get the full story like for co-op?
really interesting, but I would hate that to be the case since sometimes I can't play every week
Old 04-12-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigachip View Post
so..downfall already (unless there is something I'm missing, or not said).
you need to play every week to get the full story like for co-op?
really interesting, but I would hate that to be the case since sometimes I can't play every week
Ah, good point. Nope, all previously released "episodes" will be available for play at all times once they are released. Should also mention that these are not going to be "sold" like other DLC, they will be free.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
matthook

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Just got my new issue of Game Informer in, had some nice info on Halo 4 in it. I won't talk about the campaign stuff too much, but basically it explains that they are going to be focusing more on John' (the Master Chief's) story, and how Cortana is nearing the end of an AI's expected 7 year lifespan.

Main thing that I find REALLY interesting is the direction 343 industries is going with the multiplayer. Where as previous halo games didn't really have much connection between multiplayer and campaign, in Halo 4 during multiplayer you are a Spartan IV stationed on the UNSC Infinity. All the multiplayer maps and such are basically created in a holographic training room (think Danger Room from X-men or holodeck from Star Trek).

Now, you might ask - ok, what are we training FOR exactly? Simple answer - think Spec Ops missions ala Call of Duty. Better answer - These aren't just random missions like CoD. Each week, 343 industries will release a cinematic cut scene that explains the story of the UNSC Infinity, along with 5 co-op missions tied into this cut scene. The entire thing is named the "Spartan Op Season" and will largely work like a TV show. Each week a new cut scene and 5 missions get released over a period of months. REALLY looking forward to this game now that I know about that feature!
WOW - as an all-time Halo fanatic this is very interesting information. I've been worried about the direction since Bungie isn't on Halo anymore, but from what you've told us, this sounds like it will be really fun

Team LFX Thread Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187109
Team LFX Group: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=306
matthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
matthook

I'm going to have to replay Halo 1-3 campaigns so i can remember all the campaign stories And i'll throw in a playthrough of my Halo Reach too

Old 04-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #6
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthook View Post
WOW - as an all-time Halo fanatic this is very interesting information. I've been worried about the direction since Bungie isn't on Halo anymore, but from what you've told us, this sounds like it will be really fun
I was definitely debating weather or not I was going to bother pre-ordering Halo 4 when it comes time for that. My fears have definitely been lowered if not completely erased.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:48 PM   #7
Indy Bumble Bee

Drives: Beest
Quote:
I was definitely debating weather or not I was going to bother pre-ordering Halo 4 when it comes time for that. My fears have definitely been lowered if not completely erased.
agreed... The halo series IMO starting to fall after halo 3 (Reach and ODST). I was worried about what direction they would go, but this is interesting. But I do agree that playing every week for campaign information would be tough if they go ahead and do that. I need to brush up on my skills. I have been playing too much COD
Indy Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #8
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Bumble Bee View Post
agreed... The halo series IMO starting to fall after halo 3 (Reach and ODST). I was worried about what direction they would go, but this is interesting. But I do agree that playing every week for campaign information would be tough if they go ahead and do that. I need to brush up on my skills. I have been playing too much COD
Yeah, which is why I'm glad they're not "taking it down" so to speak each week. So if we end up missing a week or two we can play through the stuff we missed and catch up
Old 04-13-2012, 03:22 PM   #9
Indy Bumble Bee

Drives: Beest
Quote:
Yeah, which is why I'm glad they're not "taking it down" so to speak each week. So if we end up missing a week or two we can play through the stuff we missed and catch up
Thats a good thought...
Indy Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #10
SnoopyAce7
(ʘ‿ʘ)

Drives: The one with a roof rack
never followed the story of the Halo series but I have a few of the games b/c the online is just really fun. Loved custom games in Halo 3. And I thought it was supposed to end at 3...now who knows how many more!
Old 04-14-2012, 06:30 PM   #11
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopyAce7 View Post
never followed the story of the Halo series but I have a few of the games b/c the online is just really fun. Loved custom games in Halo 3. And I thought it was supposed to end at 3...now who knows how many more!
At least another trilogy according to 343 studios.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #12
Brokinarrow

Aaand this will apparently be launching November 6th of this year!

http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines...tin-41712.aspx
Old 05-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #13
kold

Drives: 2011 LS White Camaro
i have never been into the halo campaign to be honest. Its always been about the multiplayer. The Halo 2 ranking system was by far the only gaming ranking system every 100% based off skill or at least towards the start it was b4 all the bads started botting. Halo 3 was good but i felt like it always lackd something but never really sure wht it was. Halo 4 looks pretty promising if you ask me cause it looks just like halo 2 and halo 3 mix. Most people say there there worried that 343 will rune the game and it may very well happen but rem when bungie first game out with halo and they had the passion to prove that they could make a good game. This is the way i feel about 343 they knw that bungie has released about 3 shit halo games ( Reach, ODST, and Halo wars) so they will be trying to revive it and actually listen to the community. I feel like halo 4 will be bringing back the competitveness of the halo community that i feel kinda died. Yeah its still in MLG but i feel like not having the BR in halo reach really just killed it for lots of people.
kold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #14
matthook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kold View Post
i have never been into the halo campaign to be honest. Its always been about the multiplayer. The Halo 2 ranking system was by far the only gaming ranking system every 100% based off skill or at least towards the start it was b4 all the bads started botting. Halo 3 was good but i felt like it always lackd something but never really sure wht it was. Halo 4 looks pretty promising if you ask me cause it looks just like halo 2 and halo 3 mix. Most people say there there worried that 343 will rune the game and it may very well happen but rem when bungie first game out with halo and they had the passion to prove that they could make a good game. This is the way i feel about 343 they knw that bungie has released about 3 shit halo games ( Reach, ODST, and Halo wars) so they will be trying to revive it and actually listen to the community. I feel like halo 4 will be bringing back the competitveness of the halo community that i feel kinda died. Yeah its still in MLG but i feel like not having the BR in halo reach really just killed it for lots of people.
The DMR in reach is pretty much exactly the same as the BR. Other than that, i agree with most of your post, especially the Halo 2 ranking system being the best