Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-26-2006, 04:49 PM   #1
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Imitation is the best form of flattery

Hey guys. I just threw this picture up on another board in response to the Nov. issue of road and track. As the title of this thread states.... imitation is the best form of flattery.

Plus... in this article there is absolutely no mention of the Camaro!!! WTF!

Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:26 PM   #2
returnofthereal

Drives: 69,71,84 Camaros
Wow is all I can say.
returnofthereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:36 PM   #3
chevy4824

Drives: 1983 hurst olds
Send a message via AIM to chevy4824
that Mustang look exactly like the new camaro
chevy4824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:41 PM   #4
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:50 PM   #5
Casull

oops....
Old 10-26-2006, 09:00 PM   #6
afterdigital

Drives: CTS 2005
chevrolet is taking too long. let's see i found out in 2005 and now it's 2006. IF they take too long it may backfire!!! that will be my worst nightmare

..:::CTS-05, Blue-Chip, 3.6VVT, Brushed-Aluminum Moldings, One MIC (Mobile Information Center), Mesh Grill...

..:::Camaro 2008/09 - I'll take mine in black w/Metallic Stripes down the middle

..:::Finished Project

..:::Blog of my project

..:::CTS Car hacking v1.8 Video
afterdigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:47 PM   #7
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterdigital View Post
chevrolet is taking too long. let's see i found out in 2005 and now it's 2006. IF they take too long it may backfire!!! that will be my worst nightmare
I have thought this since the announcement that it wouldn't be until 2009 that this hits the dealers. I honestly believe that if they can get this car out by the end of next year (which I know will not happen) their sales will be much better than if they wait until the beginning of 09. I seriously believe that other than those of us who are obsessed with this car, the general public will be bored witht he muscle car wars (since the challenger will already be out by then) and will simply be uninterrestd. I hope and pray this si not the case, however I can really see it happening.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:53 PM   #8
MarkLS2
Administrator

Drives: 2009 Camaro
Agreed on so many levels. 1) this ford design is a total rip off of the camaro (if its really a design by some ford artist) 2) GM is taking way too long to get the car out there, allowing other manufacturers alot of time to close the gap on the camaro and put something out right on the heels of the camaro coming out. This car should be on the streets already to be honest.
MarkLS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:29 PM   #9
Casull

I guess my question would be why do you all think it is honestly going to take so long to get it in the dealers lots? As much as I would like to be able to trust that the marleting people and higher-ups at GM know what they are doing, I wonder if this decision is more logistically focused. However, I really think that if GM wanted to get a car out in 2 years time (again assuming that they had intentions of producing a Camaro as they were developing the Concept) they would be fully capable of doing so. I would really like to be able to pick their brains. Trying for a fasionably late entrance just does not make sense to me.
Old 10-27-2006, 02:23 AM   #10
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
egh...first off, both those Mustangs should never see the streets. They b fugly IMO. I kinda like the rear on the siver one....kinda.

GM said it would be an 09 model released in 3rd quarter 08, right? So, that'd be two years from now. NOW...I've been told that GM is saying 3rd quarter for a reason...because if they said 1st quarter and something came up slowing the production process and pushing it back to 3rd quarter 08, the general public would be pissed. However, the general public won't be pissed if they say 3rd quarter and have it come out in early 1st quarter 08. They are covering their @sses by setting the 3rd quarter date. YUP.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:46 AM   #11
Twin Turbo

Drives: '05 Ford Mustang
I've been poking around a couple of Mustang forums recently and the odd thing is, they seem to hate both of these.

The silver one I can accept, as it certainly has strong overtones of the Camaro....probably why I like it so much

However, why they can dislike the red '09 model is beyond me, as it's little more than a new GT500 clone......and they all like the Shelby

The original R&T article stated that the facelift (red) would be out in '09, whilst the all new car (silver) would be out in '12. Could be just rumours, but it appears Ford may bring forward the all new car to '10 so that its not too far behind the Camaro. If the new car uses the Australian Falcon platform, as has been suggested, then IRS is likely. Another nod to the Camaro.

All in all, I think Ford are rightly worried about the new Camaro. Here's a stunning car, with IRS and great powerful engines, just ready to take away Mustang sales. Hopefully they're doing all they can to make the next generation 'Stang a real competitor to the Camaro, to the benefit of the end buyer.

Twin Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:56 AM   #12
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
GM said it would be an 09 model released in 3rd quarter 08, right? So, that'd be two years from now. NOW...I've been told that GM is saying 3rd quarter for a reason...because if they said 1st quarter and something came up slowing the production process and pushing it back to 3rd quarter 08, the general public would be pissed. However, the general public won't be pissed if they say 3rd quarter and have it come out in early 1st quarter 08. They are covering their @sses by setting the 3rd quarter date. YUP.
First of all... Nice Sig!

I guess all we can do is keep our fingers crossed. However, I did read somewhere on another forum a post by someone who has a friend that works at the Oshawa Plant describe the timeline that was laid out to them for the conversion, and the way he described it they plan on stopping production of the current assembly by the end of 07 beginning of 08 and then start prepping the lines to begin production on the Impala first with the Camaro following in late 08. I hope this is not set in stone and they swap the Camaro and Impala production schedules which would mean it could possibly hit dealers by mid 08. IMO the Impala has a lot less to lose by a later release date than the Camaro.

By the way, you say that "you are being told..." Is it from a very reputable source? Are you at liberty to say at what level this person resides? Just curious, not criticising...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
GM said it would be an 09 model released in 3rd quarter 08, right? So, that'd be two years from now.
True, but again I am very much under the assumption that they had every intention of releasing this car while they were developing the concept and find it hard to believe that at the very least the basic architecture was not laid out a year prior to the concept unveiling. I don't know if that is even what you were getting at, so disregard if I am totally off here.
Old 10-27-2006, 11:43 AM   #13
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I'm sure they were intending to release the Camaro, but could you imagine what would have happened if they began it in 04??? That would have been over a year more of developement and hoping employees could keep their mouths shut. IMO, they did this with perfect timing.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:04 PM   #14
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
Ford is still going to get the s*** stomped out of them
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote