Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-06-2015, 01:48 PM   #1
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Next door incident on June 3rd

Around 9:45 PM on June 3rd we were sitting watching TV and I caught what appeared to be blue lights flashing outside. I went to the window and saw 6 police cars lined up in front of my house and the house next door. I couldn't believe it. But police has surrounded the house next door. I turned on my security camera monitor and watched as a K-9 unit came and they took the dog inside. A little while later he came back out and they put the dog in the police car. I then watched as they carried stuff out of the house and loaded it into two police cars. I stepped outside and watched as the neighbor was placed in the police car. Several times I saw an officer open the door and was talking to him.
At around 1:30 am all the police cars left.
This all shocked me as I had just talked to him that afternoon in my front yard about how I had been living here for 38 years and nothing bad had happened in the neighborhood. The only trouble I have had was with the neighbors on the other side which are college kids and they don't respect the property they rent or their neighbors. But that's another story.
Anyway I kept watching the news to see what happened and saw nothing, so I went online to the police department website and they had a link to an app called Raids Online, so I downloaded it. I found listed the event that took place next door. It was for an assault and a drug felony charge.
Yesterday I saw the Guy's parents come over after dark and loaded some stuff into his truck and then left with the truck. They live in North Carolina.
All this I posted just to say you never know about your neighbors. They can seem like the nicest people you ever met but be something completely different.
If you can you should download the Raids Online app and check out your neighborhood. You may be shocked.
Attached Images

Old 06-06-2015, 01:58 PM   #2
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
I had somthing similar happen to me.....but it went totally haywire! Mine was a felon hiding from the law and bounty hunters found him and it turned into a neighborhood footchase that started with the guy running out the back door jumping my fence and jumping the fence behind me with about 10 Bounty Hunters on his tail....lol! Looked like scene a from a movie! So you are definately right, check your neighbors!
Old 06-08-2015, 12:43 PM   #3
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
I knew a guy that was close to my family in Atlanta. He got busted in a undercover sting operation and spent four years in talks with his lawyers while still living a normal life outside prison.

Most everyone thought that he would never do any time as the years went by. He turned a 180 and became a contributor to society during that time.

Then one day, without notice, they came and took him. I guess the investigation concluded and it was time to round everyone up.

For some reason your story made me think of this.

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:03 AM   #4
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
I once managed a fleet of drivers for a trucking company. One day, the cops came to me, and asked me to route one of my drivers (incidentally, a very quiet, nice guy) into the terminal on a given date and time.

I did, and the cops arrested him as he arrived. Turns out, a few weeks before, he had gotten pissed at the Taco Bell drive- thru guy, and had put some bullets into him.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:50 AM   #5
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
I once managed a fleet of drivers for a trucking company. One day, the cops came to me, and asked me to route one of my drivers (incidentally, a very quiet, nice guy) into the terminal on a given date and time.

I did, and the cops arrested him as he arrived. Turns out, a few weeks before, he had gotten pissed at the Taco Bell drive- thru guy, and had put some bullets into him.
You never know what people are capable of....
Ever watch Investigation Discovery channel? Makes you think about that mild mannered friend, neighbor or co-worker may not be who you think they are.
Old 06-09-2015, 05:11 PM   #6
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Wow tough neighborhood..that's crazy
Old 06-09-2015, 07:26 PM   #7
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
You never know what people are capable of....
Ever watch Investigation Discovery channel? Makes you think about that mild mannered friend, neighbor or co-worker may not be who you think they are.
Spoke to my neighbor of several years one morning before going to work. He seemed "normal". When I came home from work later that day a police car, ambulance, then coroner were parked in front of his house. He had hung himself that afternoon. You never know what goes on in people's minds.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:46 PM   #8
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd1276 View Post
Spoke to my neighbor of several years one morning before going to work. He seemed "normal". When I came home from work later that day a police car, ambulance, then coroner were parked in front of his house. He had hung himself that afternoon. You never know what goes on in people's minds.
I bet you have Played back that conversation over and over in your mind to see if he said anything that could have been a warning sign.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:18 PM   #9
bigd1276
2017 HyperBlue 2SS

Drives: 2017 HyperBlue Camaro 2SS
I did and couldn't figure it out. It really hit me hard. He was such a quiet, nice guy. Found out months later that he had marital issues. Sometimes you just don't see it coming, or at least I didn't.

2010 IBM 2LT RS......Traded for.....
2012 IBM 2SS RS......Traded for.....
2017 HBM 2SS
bigd1276 is offline   Reply With Quote