Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-30-2010, 09:33 PM   #71
Senojelyk

Drives: '95 Jeep Wrangler
Ohhh can't wait!! 2012 is most likely when i'll be ready to get my Camaro, don't know if I'll be able to afford a Z28, but the re-worked interior would be cool

One day I will own a Camaro... One day.
Senojelyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:53 PM   #72
96_2010_CAMARO

Drives: 2012 SIM Camaro 2SS/RS , 2010 Tahoe
Send a message via MSN to 96_2010_CAMARO
that means navi in 2012 ???
Old 04-30-2010, 09:54 PM   #73
tgdtown

Drives: Cyber Gray 2SS -RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vm1971 View Post
im sick of hearing s*it about the interior.
i think its cool. people (and "critics") love to whine whine whine. it really gets old.
I interior of the 5th Gen is bad ass...
tgdtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:09 PM   #74
LS6-M22
Rockcrusher

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
This is great news for me because the interior was the only thing that stopped me from buying a Camaro!Hopefully the 2012 interior will be more modern!
LS6-M22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:29 PM   #75
Dforce0990
Deployed Again.

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs iom
Send a message via AIM to Dforce0990 Send a message via Yahoo to Dforce0990 Send a message via Skype™ to Dforce0990
didnt you see the movie? the world is going to end in 2012, mezz well get the 2010-11. and enjoy it while you got the time. :-P hahaha

i love my 2010 2ss. best investment i have made in my almost 23 years. love the interior, except like said prior, that dern shift knob is huge. easy fix though.

z28 coming out with a bigger engine? slap on a tvs 2300 or a procharger and BAM, your faster.

another thing, before i quit and sit back to watch the debates continue. we have no facts whatsoever about any leads for production on a "z-28". we can back track through the forum and there are several threads started based on rumors. is there no patience anymore? i know the hype is building, but jeez people, slow your roll and enjoy what we have. when the facts are released, condense it in one thread and blog away.

sorry, rambling on. back to my lean back position with popcorn to enjoy the show...
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM Int. #191,037 Welcome Home "Kayla"!

"...But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men."
Dforce0990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:41 PM   #76
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
They were starting to have the SS/Z28 top dog debate for the 20th time. It was a joke.
yea I know. lol. let the youngins fight over who's right and wrong about what's top dog. I'm beyond that besides saying it's all in what you consider top dog. straight line back in the day SS, corners. . .Z28.

personally to the ones that whine about the SS not being "top dog." Get over it. you either bought the car you wanted with cold hard facts at the time. You had to realize that GM wasn't going to leave the car alone. There will always be a newer/better model coming out in a couple years. either way this debate has many threads dedicated to it. it's pointless now.

as for the person that says GM doesn't care about the customers anymore. I believe you've lost touch with reality. In todays market place how could GM afford to do such a thing? I can see individual dealerships that are well off offering you engine options, but GM as a whole needs to make money. the cost alone would put them back in the red and even farther in the hole then they were. go check out the competition they aren't giving that many options. . .
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:47 PM   #77
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dforce0990 View Post
i love my 2010 2ss. best investment i have made in my almost 23 years.
If Buying a car that is all but guaranteed to depreciate for at least the first 20+ years of life, is your "best" investement.....One would have to scratch his head and wonder what your other "investments" are.

J/k.... ......, I am fairly certain you are not talking about financial investment as it relates to dividends. but rather, a Personal value of making your life happier and more enjoyable.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 10:53 PM   #78
Noturday
[Not-your-day]

Drives: 2005 Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@showstopper View Post
I have no complaints with the interior either but a lot of people say it looks cheap and too plain. I'm sure, no matter what they do, they will improve on the current interior. If you love this one chances are you will love the new one as well. I think it will have more chrome trim and better materials to look more upscale as well as more style to the dash.

As far as SS vs. Z28, the top dog Vettes are the Z06 and ZR1. This IMO is why GM is making the Z28 the top dog Camaro. Also you know what they say. Any Chevy can be an SS, only a Camaro can be a Z28.
yeah but they REALLY need to cut back on that, it should AT LEAST be any chevy with a V8 can be an SS, i dont want to see a Cobalt SS or an HHR SS, what's next, an Aveo SS? maybe a Traverse SS? honestly they put SS badges on cars i can beat with my HEAVY Avalanche (stock) and it really killed the whole SS deal for me, at least the Impala SS has a V8, i still see it as more of a family car though. the Camaro SS revived what i truly think of when i hear SS. it does stand for Super Sport does it not? why not keep it that way?

sorry to go off topic, but that's been on my mind for a while

should be interesting to see what they do with the interior.
Old 04-30-2010, 11:02 PM   #79
Dforce0990
Deployed Again.

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs iom
Send a message via AIM to Dforce0990 Send a message via Yahoo to Dforce0990 Send a message via Skype™ to Dforce0990
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
If Buying a car that is all but guaranteed to depreciate for at least the first 20+ years of life, is your "best" investement.....One would have to scratch his head and wonder what your other "investments" are.

J/k.... ......, I am fairly certain you are not talking about financial investment as it relates to dividends. but rather, a Personal value of making your life happier and more enjoyable.

let me rephrase... best thing i have spent money on to make me happy. lol
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM Int. #191,037 Welcome Home "Kayla"!

"...But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men."
Dforce0990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:40 PM   #80
CLEAN

Drives: '19 Stingray '22 MB GLC 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldilocks01SS View Post
It's called Google.......you can use it just as well as I can.

Car&Driver
1969 Camaro Z/28 0-60 in 6.7 seconds. 1/4 mile in 14.9 seconds.

1969 Camaro SS 396 0-60 in 5.9 seconds 1/4 mile in 13.7 seconds.

That's just one example....
Here's another....
The 1969 Chevrolet Camaro SS 396
Specifications
Wheelbase, inches: 108.1
Weight, lbs: 3,790
Number built: 13,970
Base price: $3,100

Top Available Engine
Type: ohv V-8
Displacement, cid: 396
Fuel system: 1 x 4bbl.
Compression ratio: 11.0:1
Horsepower @ rpm: 375 @ 5600
Torque @ rpm: 415 @ 4600

Representative Performance
0-60 mph, sec: 6.8
1/4 mile, sec. @ mph: 14.7 @ 98.7

So w/ these numbers, Z28 is quicker to 60 than the SS396, and 2/10ths behind in the quarter, hardly "nowhere close" to SS396 numbers. Please post the link where a stock SS396 does 5.8 to sixty and runs 13.x quarters on stock tires and exhaust, I can't seem to find it.

Edit: and for the record, I'm not saying the 1st gen Z28's were FASTER, I'm saying they were and are recognized as top dog in terms of overall performance and collectability. I'll grant you that they are a hair slower in a straight line, but they would kill an SS in any other measurable value, and what I really took exception to was you pulling out slicks and headers to get some fantasy 11.x number and then say that the Z28 wasn't close to that. Well no ****. In fact, I'd like to see a link to an 11 second SS 396 w/ just headers and slicks. Not saying it didn't happen, I'd just like to see it for myself. Again, I can't find it in Google, the only 11 second Camaro in there is the ZL1, which I'm sure you weren't referring to.

Last edited by CLEAN; 04-30-2010 at 11:59 PM.
CLEAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:50 PM   #81
BustedCrank

Drives: Broken
Quote:
Originally Posted by fielderLS3 View Post
I wouldn't count on the new DI V8 coming out next year. 2015, when the Camaro switches platforms, and after the C7 Corvettes launch with it seems more likely.
Bingo, they will not release the new engines with the camaro, z28 or not, the vette will see it first. Then you can expect it the next year in the camaro, and others.

As far as the interior, I dont really care for the passenger side of the dash, its too...blah.
But it sure wouldnt stop me from buying one.
BustedCrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 12:21 AM   #82
Cessna510
Gm loyalist

Drives: 04 z71 tahoe\99 SS m6
The camaro's interior is great but a little tweak here and there would be nice! I will be interested to see what the next couple years bring, I think the camaro will only improve. I'm sure as soon as I buy a 2011 or 2012 SS they will announce an amazing option for 2013's, but I guess thats how it works.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:53 AM   #83
speed330i

Drives: 2006 BMW 330i Sedan
A new interior would certainly be welcome news. I recognize everyone has their own opinions, but IMO while the Camaro's exterior design has been almost universally defined as "sex incarnate", the Camaro's interior has been equally panned.

My biggest complaint is the quality of the interior. The plastic looks especially cheap (although the leather looked pretty good). Its been a long time since any car manufacturer put out an interior with as cheap looking plastics as Chevy has. Even Hyundai has a better interior for god's sake.

In GM's defense though, they really aren't in a position right now to start decreasing their margins by adding higher quality parts. Another thing that hurts the Camaro is that they have several models at different price points. Each model has to share the same interior, so really, the cheapest entry level model is dragging down the quality of the higher grade models.

I really wish that GM only offered the Camaro in the SS trim and maybe increased the base price by a few thousand dollars and improved the quality of the car.

Why is it that Cadillac can build and sell $60K cars, but Camaro can't?

I guess if it had a base of $45M, the Camaro would no longer be a traditional pony car (which has historically been touted as affordable performance for the masses).

Still, can you imagine the Camaro's exterior with a Caddy's interior! That would give BMW a run for their money.

Till then, I guess I'll have to wait until next year to see what interior changes are made.

Martin
speed330i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 01:03 AM   #84
Sax1031

Drives: 2000 Mustang GT
The sales numbers for $60k Camaros would be really low.

Unless you had to have 4 seats the Corvette would be a hell of a lot more bang for the buck if the Camaro was that expensive.
Sax1031 is offline   Reply With Quote