Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-15-2015, 08:16 AM   #1
AngryCanuck

Drives: 2013 Camaro Convertible
Exhaust Tips

looking for an exhaust tip that will add a little grow, any suggestions?

2013 Camaro RS
AngryCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 01:02 PM   #2
Tech@Flowmaster

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Changing out your exhaust tip isn't going to make a very significant difference in tone. In order to change the tone of your exhaust, you would need to swap your mufflers or install either an Axle-back or Cat-back kit. Do you have a V6 or a V8?
Tech@Flowmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 09:56 AM   #3
AngryCanuck

V6
Old 12-17-2015, 11:02 AM   #4
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Right, the shape and size of tips might change the sound by the slightest bit, but its mufflers, resonators, cats, headers, etc that make the sound.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:26 AM   #5
Tech@Flowmaster

If you’re trying to get a deeper tone, Flowmaster produces both an American Thunder Axle-back (part #817483) and an American Thunder Cat-back (part #817572) for your ’13 Camaro V6.

The American Thunder Axle-back (part #817483) replaces just the rear mufflers and tips. It will give you a nice, deep, aggressive exterior tone with minimal interior resonance because it retains the factory resonators.

The American Thunder Cat-back (part #817572) replaces your entire factory exhaust system after the cats. One of the major differences between these two systems is that the American Thunder Cat-back system does not retain the OEM resonators. Because of this, it will give you a slightly more aggressive tone than the axle-back with a little higher volume. Because this system no longer has resonators, you may experience more interior resonance as well.

If you’d like help deciding which one of these options is going to be right for you and your car, call our tech line at 707-544-4761 and talk to Lee Roskam at extension 469. Lee daily drives a 5th Gen Camaro V6 with our American Thunder Axle-back (Part #817483) and he can help answer any questions you have that are specific to your car.
Old 12-18-2015, 12:02 AM   #6
Graphicsgod

Drives: 2015 Manual Hot Red 2LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@Flowmaster View Post
If you’re trying to get a deeper tone, Flowmaster produces both an American Thunder Axle-back (part #817483) and an American Thunder Cat-back (part #817572) for your ’13 Camaro V6.

The American Thunder Axle-back (part #817483) replaces just the rear mufflers and tips. It will give you a nice, deep, aggressive exterior tone with minimal interior resonance because it retains the factory resonators.

The American Thunder Cat-back (part #817572) replaces your entire factory exhaust system after the cats. One of the major differences between these two systems is that the American Thunder Cat-back system does not retain the OEM resonators. Because of this, it will give you a slightly more aggressive tone than the axle-back with a little higher volume. Because this system no longer has resonators, you may experience more interior resonance as well.

If you’d like help deciding which one of these options is going to be right for you and your car, call our tech line at 707-544-4761 and talk to Lee Roskam at extension 469. Lee daily drives a 5th Gen Camaro V6 with our American Thunder Axle-back (Part #817483) and he can help answer any questions you have that are specific to your car.
WOW!! $1,000.00+ for Flowmaster?!? Damn they went up since I had them installed in my 99 Z28!! I remember paying about $250.00 (including install) to replace my whole system with 3" Flowmasters..
Old 12-18-2015, 12:44 AM   #7
harprones

Drives: bmw
your mufflers or install either an Axle-back or Cat-back kit.
harprones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:12 PM   #8
Tech@Flowmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphicsgod View Post
WOW!! $1,000.00+ for Flowmaster?!? Damn they went up since I had them installed in my 99 Z28!! I remember paying about $250.00 (including install) to replace my whole system with 3" Flowmasters..
It's not uncommon for a muffler swap to be in the $200-300 range, including labor. Flowmaster's Cat-back systems replace everything behind the cats, all the way to the exhaust tips. In addition to our mufflers, our systems also feature fully mandrel-bent tubing and are designed specifically for each vehicle to ensure performance and fit. All of our systems feature either a 3-year warranty for aluminized steel, or a lifetime limited warranty for stainless. It's for those reasons that our fully-engineered systems are in the $500-1000 range, depending on if you purchase a cat-back or axle-back system. When you purchase a Flowmaster Cat-back or Axle-back system for your Camaro, you can be positive that you're getting the best quality exhaust system for your money.
Old 12-21-2015, 03:48 PM   #9
Reichler

Drives: 2004 GTO & 2005 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphicsgod View Post
Apples vs Oranges. It's ALWAYS going to be cheaper for a local exhaust shop to crush bend some cheap aluminized tubing and weld in some mufflers.

A full cat back from a manufacturer, being mandrel bent and stainless, isn't even in the same ballpark. Quality is substantially better.
Reichler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 09:11 PM   #10
AngryCanuck

Appreciate the feedback. Thanks a lot
Old 12-25-2015, 05:15 PM   #11
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
OP: Are you looking for better sound? From your first post I thought you just wanted something that looks good.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 10:54 PM   #12
markkk

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS
I am only going to say this once, the exhaust I am about to tell you about was the best purchase I've made for my v6 and I will never regret it!

I went with a full catback system from a company based out of cali called ARK.

They have a system called the ARK N-II and it is AAAMAAZINGG.

I have not heard a single v6 (with no other mods) sound better than my car.

Not to bash flowmaster or anything, but yall cant compete with this.

Here is the link:
http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...atback-nii.htm

And here is my personal video:

Now, I have had this system on my car for well over 5k miles; the exhaust pops at start up and it is music to my ears.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:34 AM   #13
oreduks

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS
Im going muffler delete in January. Also using my stock exhaust tips. All being done for $140.
oreduks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 07:35 AM   #14
blewbyyou

Drives: Dusk SE
new exhaust tips

does anyone know where I can get exhaust tips that will slide over the stock tips on an SS. I want something that looks more aggresive and shiny without cutting and replacing the stock tips.
blewbyyou is offline   Reply With Quote