Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
JBA or ARH Shortys

I'm planning on putting either JBA or ARH shorty headers on my 2013 Camaro SS LS3 as I don't want a voided warranty. Given HP ratings are negligable and comprable, why would I choose ARH when they're several hundred $ more and JBA's also come cermanic coated?
CAI, Ported TB, Hurst ShortShifter,SkipShift Eliminator, 3.91 gears, Spohn rear TAs, BMR rear swaybar, Hedmen Shortys, Solo HF Cats, QTP Cutouts, DashLogic,Elite CC,Vitesse Throttle Controller,CurbAlert
Appearance:
20" Nitto Redlines, Rocket Muscle Boosters w/knockoff spinners,
Underbody LEDs, Footwell ,Dome & Door pull LEDs, RapidFire LED Tailights , DRL LEDs, Chrome Ghost parking lights,
Lloyds Mats, SS Kick Plates, Bowtie Hoodliner, '67 fender flags, Billet pedals, Heritage SS grill & deck emblems, rear deck blackout, custom engine brace
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
RJT-SS

Drives: '11 2SS/RS A6
I think it is because ARH are made in the U.S. and JBA is not. I just went through a similar exercise with my long tube purchase.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-SS View Post
I think it is because ARH are made in the U.S. and JBA is not. I just went through a similar exercise with my long tube purchase.
I'd really prefer to buy American, but it's a significant $ differnce ... and the ARHs don't come cermanic coated which is the biggest differnce maker for me unless I'm missing something.
CAI, Ported TB, Hurst ShortShifter,SkipShift Eliminator, 3.91 gears, Spohn rear TAs, BMR rear swaybar, Hedmen Shortys, Solo HF Cats, QTP Cutouts, DashLogic,Elite CC,Vitesse Throttle Controller,CurbAlert
Appearance:
Underbody LEDs, Footwell ,Dome & Door pull LEDs, RapidFire LED Tailights , DRL LEDs, Chrome Ghost parking lights,
Lloyds Mats, SS Kick Plates, Bowtie Hoodliner, '67 fender flags, Billet pedals, Heritage SS grill & deck emblems, rear deck blackout, custom engine brace
Old 04-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #4
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
I know you don't want a voided warranty, but shorty headers are really useless. Not bashing, but I wouldn't bother with headers unless they're long tubes.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #5
Titan

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
Have you looked into the kooks longtubes with the green cats? It is pricey but I think that end result may be better in terms of sound and performance.
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #6
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
american car should have american parts ... just my 2 centz
void your warrenty ... go long tubes .. shorties dont do much .. now up to 4 centz
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:12 PM   #7
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
Have you looked into the kooks longtubes with the green cats? It is pricey but I think that end result may be better in terms of sound and performance.
Yes I have, but the LTs require a tune and I don't want a voided warranty especially when the car is only 6 mos old. Thanks anyway for the feedback.
Appearance:
Old 04-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #8
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Drives: stockish 2012 camaro ss
6 cents here lol go long tubes and tune and forget about the warranty it will only void it if they can really link it back to the tune and longtubea
Nightmare2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:13 PM   #9
tys2010camaro

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
You will not be happy with the SHORTY"S. You are wasting your dough. If you want sound without voiding the warranty there are some exhaust systems that will help with that. If you want killer sound with performance then do it right and get longtubes nice exhaust and a tune.
tys2010camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #10
LS3SuperSport
HotRod

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Black/IO Int.
Long Tubes, you won't regret it... HP and sound wise
LS3SuperSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #11
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Shorties arent worth it. I got 5-6 hp on my v6. That was 312 hp. The gains are about the same on the v8 and thats 426 hp. The lack of feel will be even worse
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #12
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by tys2010camaro View Post
You will not be happy with the SHORTY"S. You are wasting your dough. If you want sound without voiding the warranty there are some exhaust systems that will help with that. If you want killer sound with performance then do it right and get longtubes nice exhaust and a tune.
I already have the NPP exhaust (open all the time via the fuse pull) and a CAI which has already has a nice sound. I'm just looking to add a crisper note from the stainless steel shortys.
Appearance:
Old 04-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #13
camguynj

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Shorties arent worth it. I got 5-6 hp on my v6. That was 312 hp. The gains are about the same on the v8 and thats 426 hp. The lack of feel will be even worse
What do you mean by " lack of feel" ?
Appearance:
Old 04-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #14
2010 4 DW
Account Suspended

Drives: White 2010 RS/SS
You can buy either but the JBA shorties have been "PROVEN" at the track by members that race their cars. Please read as Padre makes 619rwhp with JBA shorties & mids.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128997

Both are CARB legal so pick what fits your wallet and JBA is made in North America.
2010 4 DW is offline   Reply With Quote