Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-23-2013, 09:08 PM   #477
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel insane View Post
I've read through a lot of these posts and the impression I get is that the gains are minimal.

No offense but it almost sounds like most are justifying the expenditure rather than being excited about an significant improvement.
You could always look at the list of folks who have complained saying it was a waste of money and that they wish they never bought one and were given a complete money back refund.

See where I'm going here? LOL NO offense taken at all. They do exactly what they claim to. And they make power. Consistently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
its not as much about the gains as it is about the driveability, more linear without a flatspot or dip
^^ obviously a customer who's had a chance to drive a car with one installed and knows the difference.

Offer is always on the table....if you aren't satisfied, I'll buy it back. We have folks waiting (happily I might add) weeks for them.

Enjoy!
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #478
steel insane

Drives: 2012 2LT Black (Vengeance)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
You could always look at the list of folks who have complained saying it was a waste of money and that they wish they never bought one and were given a complete money back refund.

See where I'm going here? LOL NO offense taken at all. They do exactly what they claim to. And they make power. Consistently.

^^ obviously a customer who's had a chance to drive a car with one installed and knows the difference.

Offer is always on the table....if you aren't satisfied, I'll buy it back. We have folks waiting (happily I might add) weeks for them.

Enjoy!
Ivan
Dude, no need to pitch me...relax. This is a forum.
steel insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #479
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel insane View Post
I've read through a lot of these posts and the impression I get is that the gains are minimal.

No offense but it almost sounds like most are justifying the expenditure rather than being excited about an significant improvement.
Then don't buy one, don't experience one and you'll never have to worry about it.

Why would so many people post about something they are trying to justify? It's the CHEAPEST MOD out that does something for performance. If it sucked, we'd say so.

But, never mind.

John B.
1986 Mitsubishi Montero 2.4l FI Transplant
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #480
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria View Post
If it sucked, we'd say so.
That can definitely be counted on! I would go so far to say that the absence of a "Ported Throttle Bodies are a waste" thread is a good indicator that they don't.
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #481
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I have had nothing but positive reviews on the VMax stuff... I think this review pretty much sums it up, great modification for the dollar and no regret for spending it. Here is one off of our website:

"works great for the lower rpm's mostly under 3k rpm, noticeable difference , seems like the engine works less to get up to speed, there's not a huge huge difference, but then again I wasn't looking for one"
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #482
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Usually those that put things like this or catchcans down the most have never tried one or bought a cheap knockoff on ebay that looks good but don't work.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #483
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
I think all the dyno comparisons showing the gains, and with over 3400 of them in use, I'd say steelinsane figured it all out.....it is a huge conspiracy and all seeing the gains, etc. are making them up!

No really, at the low price and the years of countless tests proving so, no one is doing much pushing to sell them....they sell themselves.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #484
Adrenaline12

Drives: Synergy Green 2SS
Mine came in yesterday, installed today... It is definitely worth every penny! All gears have a noticeable improvement in the sub3k rpm range. Ill update in a week or two about mpg but as of right now I'm completely satisfied. Great product highly recommend to any LFX owner!
Old 02-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #485
Chevyman2

Drives: 2018 zl1
Chevyman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:12 AM   #486
Iceyone

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
Finally!!! after trying to get it from the FedEx guy (Seems I needed to be at home) since last Friday, I was able to pick it up yesterday! Put it on last night and yes, it does make a difference, it seems smoother and a little more responsive at the lower end. Got it from Matt@FSP and am WELL PLEASED with the service, not happy with FedEx but, that's another story, Matt, I will put mine in the mail today back to yall, dont want anyone to have to wait like I did just because I was lazy :-)
Iceyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:09 AM   #487
NYJets77

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS Summit White
What's the current wait for one of these? And can I get a relatively new one? Mine has 1050 miles on it, so its still practically a virgin.
NYJets77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #488
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
App 1 week on the LFX from us.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #489
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets77 View Post
What's the current wait for one of these? And can I get a relatively new one? Mine has 1050 miles on it, so its still practically a virgin.
In stock, I've had the LFX's available for a bit now from a stocking order. Most of the LFX TB's are low mileage, but we cannot guarantee mileage. If you want us to use yours as a core we can, but the turnaround increases from doing so. I can assure you that you will have a perfectly working TB when you receive our core.

Iceyone: Glad to hear you got it bud. I'll look for the core and refund same day
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #490
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets77 View Post
We have them in stock and can ship out today! Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote