Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-29-2009, 09:10 AM   #15
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by edog View Post
It is NOT impossible. I had a viper alarm.

I had it done through Best Buy install group when I worked there. You should leave it in neutral, but if not the car will start and it will start lunging forward.

Back in the 90's you were not required to push the clutch in to turn the engine over. It has been that long since I owned a manual. Not sure what it is like now.
uumm , my grandmother's 87 thunderbird turbo required the clutch be pushed in to start,what car in the 90's did not require that ? .

There are aftermarket alarms that work with manual transmissions.When you get to your destination,you have to get out of the car while it is still running.After everyone is out and all the doors are closed,you shut the car down with the remote (no robot required).If any doors are opened before the car is started with the remote,it will not start.you have to go through the shutdown sequence again to be able to start it with the remote.

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:55 PM   #16
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
uumm , my grandmother's 87 thunderbird turbo required the clutch be pushed in to start,what car in the 90's did not require that ? .
My 1991 Mustang requires the clutch to be pressed to the floor before it will even attempt to start.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:48 PM   #17
Lieutenant

Drives: pagani zonda
Do you have to put the key in the ignition for the 2SS to start? (if you're already in it)
Lieutenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:53 AM   #18
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant View Post
Do you have to put the key in the ignition for the 2SS to start? (if you're already in it)
do you mean does it start by the remote if your in the car? if so yes
or do you mean is it like the challenger and you just keep the key i you pocket and push button start it? then no

but remember it doesn't matter how the car is started you still have to have the key in to unlock the steering wheel (or the gear select in a auto), also if you remote start it you should have a brake pedal sensor that will shut off the engine when you press the brake
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:20 PM   #19
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant View Post
you can have the robot do it

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:56 AM   #20
Watchamacoolitt
KJ

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS,MT6 sunroof
Send a message via AIM to Watchamacoolitt
In order to have a remote start they have to do a bypass.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:02 AM   #21
Booster

Drives: 2010 Lincoln MKS
Anyone have the Smartstart system on their Manual SS?
I want to get that...start your car with your phone. Cool!
Booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:32 AM   #22
Joeymc13

Drives: N/a
Just stumbled onto this thread....

Hey guys, I know this thread was started a year ago, but I just thought I would clear up any questions that you may still have...

First- yes, the 5901 does have 6 auxillary output channels which can control add on devices, such as window control modules, however, the window control modules are not included with the 5901. It is seperate, and is part number 530t from directed electronics Inc, usually costs around $100, it controls two windows, up and down. I charge $60 a window to install this add on piece.

Second- no, you don't need a robot to push your clutch in for remote start, lol! We just wire up the clutch pedal switch to contact using a status output wire from the remote start, very simple.

Third- yes, newer remote start systems can be installed on manual transmissions, and a couple of you are correct, you just have to follow a shut down procedure when you exit your vehicle that will tell the remote start system your car is in neutral.

Fourth- yes, it is possible to bypass the passlock 3 system, even without losing your spare key fob. The part number is 1101t from xpresskit.com, this module will actually learn the resistance code from your vehicles immobilizer system, and send that resistance signal to your immobilizer (passlock 3) to allow your car to start without the key in the ignition.

I have been an mecp certified mobile electronics installer for 8 yrs, I don't own a camaro, wish I did though ! I hope my info helps someone who may stumble on this thread in the future!
Joeymc13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:39 PM   #23
TekkGuy

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS/A6/Sunroof
I just looked up the info on the 1101T Kit... It says that it does take 1 key to work...so you do end up Loosing one of your keys to this module... No? Talks about using a coin battery to keep your key charged.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:03 PM   #24
Brownhornitt

Drives: 2006 White Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
I've seen a car "remotely start" and drive through the front of a store in Virginia Beach. Most states make it "illegal" to install remote start systems in manual cars for this reason. It's a nice feature to have, but I wouldn't take that chance with my new $40k toy that I've been waiting on for over 2 years.
I saw a dude remote start into a bowling alley. Funny stuff.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:29 PM   #25
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Be careful or this can happen: http://jalopnik.com/5500228/dealersh...d-car-totalled
Old 03-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #26
Alfieboy
Madman

Drives: 2017 1SS
wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosXC451 View Post
It's impossible to have remote start on a manual transmission, who's gonna put the clutch in...unless you buy a robot to do it
Oh wrong wrong wrong...

Actually theres a few,I know fact CompuStar has a nice system.. set the clucth and all before exiting car,,there is a CERTAIN was to activate it.. any opening of door or anything resets it,have to do it all over again..
Alfieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:04 PM   #27
Racer-X
Rhymin and Stealin

Drives: The Search is on ABM V6.....
Send a message via MSN to Racer-X
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekkGuy View Post
I just looked up the info on the 1101T Kit... It says that it does take 1 key to work...so you do end up Loosing one of your keys to this module... No? Talks about using a coin battery to keep your key charged.
It like other bypasses only needs the 1 key for programming you do not have to install the key into the system.

and yes there are a few companies, DEI (Viper/Clifford ect.) and Compustar that offer
Manual Trans. remote starts... they all have some type of "safety proceedure" to make sure the vehicle is safe for remote starting. and yes if the alarm is dismarmed or tiggered at anytime it will not remote start without resetting the cycle (reason being the the security system does not know for sure the vehicle is in safe mode.) these systems are safe and pretty much fool proof. I have installed many of them over the past 10 years with ZERO issues. (yes they have been available for that long, just as widely available.)

The issue you will run into most often is shops will not install them on manual transmission vehicles because they still think there is too much liability. We offer these systems and are happy to install them. funny thing about compustar is thay acutally come preset for manual transmission mode.

other cool feature to most of the systems with two way remotes is you can program inthem to act a turbo time as well.

I Make Cars Sound Good.

Enchantment Editions
Arc Audio Competition Team
Image Dynamics Elite Sound Performance Team
Team Stinger
Racer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 09:30 PM   #28
Lbness

Drives: 2010 ss M6 Aqua Blue
Send a message via AIM to Lbness
20 years of building remote and security systems I have 2 stories of remote starts in manuals that customers had issues with. I will tell the 1st one today. We worked with many of the large dealerships in Houston installing after market systems. We had paperwork for manual start cars that wanted remote start. One thing we did was install a wire to the emergency brake light which was a great plan until a diesel 1 ton truck was sold and installed a remote start. Diesel .. this is even harder as you wait for the glow plug light to go off to start the remote starter. ..
So we get a call and here is what we were told. The guys at the dealership had played with all day and were showing someone at dealership the cool remote start on the big ass truck and well it started... in 2nd gear .. emergency brake my ass no way it slowed that monster down it passed the salesman and hit a new blazer that was just unloaded from a trailer. then it died .... well we made a great product and if your car died it would restart after 30 seconds as you can guess ..... it restarted and hit that blazer again before the idiot with the remote realized he could have stopped it. Thats just one story ... Oh yeah I have three ...
Make your girls happy too
http://www.lisafreede.com/http://www...s/thumbsup.gif
Lbness is offline   Reply With Quote