Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

View Poll Results: Does your billet plus 2 have side too side play?
No it does not 7 17.50%
Yes but i have not replaced the bushing yet 22 55.00%
Yes i have and the bushing wore out in a short thime 8 20.00%
Yes i have and ive replaced it more then once 3 7.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-02-2012, 03:40 PM   #43
ronss

Drives: 2SS CGM/GRND FX/STRIPES/CAI, manual
Put mine in from nh ss couldn't be happier,those things are great.. Btw it's been a couple months still tight . Great work from nh ss
ronss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #44
NH-SS

Drives: 2010 SS2,6M
To those of you attending Camaro5 Fest. Please spread the word,.. There is a Bushing Kit available to fix this problem.

Thanks
NH-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #45
NC-V

Drives: cts-v
Just as another option for those of you do-it-yourselfers if you still have your stock shifter and bushing just drill out the hurst shifter base to 18mm and slide the stock shifter bushing into the hurst. Makes it a little easier to find replacement bushings and the stock bushings seem to hold up ok.

Not trying to take anything away from NH-SS's solution, just giving another option
NC-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:53 PM   #46
Kenji

Drives: 2SS/RS M6 SW
A set of new material "Teflon blend" bushings have been sent to MustangKiller and are also going through validation. If these new bushings prove out and pass validation then they will replace the old bushings in the aftermarket Hurst shifter kit. They will also be available from our customer service department at no charge to existing Hurst customers.

We are also developing an "extreme duty" style bushing that has just begun testing. Please keep in mind that this type of testing and validation takes time to schedule and complete. If any members here are interested in being beta testers, you can PM me. I only have a small number of testing spots left, so please let me know ASAP.

Also, Hurst (specifically me) will be at CF3 tomorrow and Saturday if anyone wants to talk bushings (or anything else for that matter). We will be with Flowmaster.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #47
From The Future
needs gas money

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM 6M
Folks, it looks like I am getting in on the Beta test for some of Hurst's new bushings. I don't know which set they will send me to try but I will post up some info on my experiences.
From The Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #48
H1Chester
Bowties forever

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport
So I just ordered a Hurst shifter last night and I hadn't seen this thread...
5% tint, AC red interior overhead LED, footwell, grill and engine bay lighting, license plate LEDs, reverse LEDs, painted black badges, bowtie, and tail light bezels, Heritage grill, T3 ports with LEDs, T3 splitter with cooler, carbon fiber vinyl hashmarks, TSW Nurburgring wheels, Nitto Invo tires, Hurst shifter, RX 1LE catch can, Rotofab intake, American Racing headers, Flowmaster exhaust, CMS camshaft, 3.91 rear end, BMR suspension, StopTech rotors, steel brake lines 456RWHP 422Tq on Mustang Dynamometer. Built, tuned by Cunningham Motorsports. SD Region SCCA
H1Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #49
H1Chester
Bowties forever

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport
I just ordered a Hurst on Monday night and it is set for delivery to my home today. I didn't realize that the Hursts were having this problem. Is this a big problem overall or?

Mustangkiller, has Hurst said anything else about this fix???
5% tint, AC red interior overhead LED, footwell, grill and engine bay lighting, license plate LEDs, reverse LEDs, painted black badges, bowtie, and tail light bezels, Heritage grill, T3 ports with LEDs, T3 splitter with cooler, carbon fiber vinyl hashmarks, TSW Nurburgring wheels, Nitto Invo tires, Hurst shifter, RX 1LE catch can, Rotofab intake, American Racing headers, Flowmaster exhaust, CMS camshaft, 3.91 rear end, BMR suspension, StopTech rotors, steel brake lines 456RWHP 422Tq on Mustang Dynamometer. Built, tuned by Cunningham Motorsports. SD Region SCCA
H1Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #50
MustangKiller

Drives: 2013 2ss/rs A6 yellow !!!!!
Hello everyone sorry i have not replied latley i have been super busy and have had alot going on. I want too thank everyone for supporting ths poll. I am holding in my hand the Hurst race bushings sent too me by Kenji. I also have been testing the updated teflon bushings and so far i will say they are a big improvement over the originals. The udated teflons with a higher glass content have seen 1500 miles and a full day at the dragstrip and have less the half the play of the originals but can still be improved. I will be installing the race version in a few days as i have put 2,000 miles on each set. I will also be writeing a much more in depth reply on my experience. I cant thank Kenji enough and he has been awsome through this whole experience. I am doing my best too give a fair opinion of what i think and as they say " to each is own" but i think i am being very fair and not too critical. I will get pics asap i will prob post them in my pics so i will let all of you know when i do. Ill leave you with this the quality is that of aerospace grade!!!!
MustangKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:47 AM   #51
pistolgripcopo1
pistolgripcopo1

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Carbon fiber gray
The problem with the hurst unit is the way it is made, The shift lever is connected to the upper stick with two hex screws. over time its bound to wear and get loose and sloppy just a bad design.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:49 AM   #52
RogerBzSS

Drives: 11 IBM n White 2SS/RS M6
Folks check out NH-SS's replacement pin bushing and be done with any and all.excessive hurst shifter play, and never worry about it again

Not that i am disagreeing at all but a plastic bushing in the design of a.piece that is subjected to heat and lots of movement be it a range from normal use to extreme abuse is going to deform a piece of plastic quick and cause the hurst shifrer to wobble and move around like crazy

I thought i read a post in here someplace where hurst was developing an extreme duty bushing..

Well loook no further than NH-SS's replacement pin bushing

Jus-sayin its absolutely awesome

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
Black CIA -Powder Coated Red Air Scoop - Vmax Ported Throttle Body - Ceramic Coated Dynatek Headers - High Flow Cats out thru factory Cat Back - JRE rough idle cam package - Trunion Upgrade - Valve Springs - Hardened Push rods - 3 bolt timing gear - SLP Under drive pully- Washer bottle relo kit - Hurst Short Throw Shifter with updated pin bushing from C5 member NH-SS - IdealG's improved Master Cylinder - GTO Clutch reservoir - L99 Brake Reservoir - Stainless Braided clutch line - wrapped up with a JRE Tune My SS layed down 462 hp on JRE's Superflow Dyno
RogerBzSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:03 AM   #53
MustangKiller

Ty i am very aware of His Bushing design... I have the new prototype stainless bushing installed as of yesterday. I will be posting pics in my profile as soon as i can get too a computer. The feel is super solid and shifts are effortless. This is above and beyond any bushing currently available for this shifter. I am not nocking nh ss design its just a fact. I will keep u updated

Last edited by MustangKiller; 08-30-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:23 AM   #54
MustangKiller

Here are the pics of the new Hurst (race bushing) !!!!
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2012, 10:57 AM   #55
asrautox

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
^ GIMME
asrautox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #56
Kenji

Drives: 2SS/RS M6 SW
There are several of the above pictured "extreme-duty" bushings in the field. Construction consists of a stainless steel housing with a high temperature polymer resin inner bushing (rated at +500°F operating temperature). The stainless steel housing is also equipped with various o-rings that create an extremely tight (yet completely isolated from vibration and noise) compression fit within the lower part of the Hurst shifter.