Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-14-2009, 02:00 PM   #15
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
Still doing any work for GM??? Yes Im fishing.....
What bate and tackle are you using? LOL The answer is yes, but cannot talk about it

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #16
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
What bate and tackle are you using? LOL The answer is yes, but cannot talk about it

mike
dms

Oh well I figured it was worth a try!
I will be keeping up with what you guys are doing for our beloved Camaros. When I get home and finnaly get to order..... wether it is a SS or some special Camaro(yet to be seen) Yall will be the first I go to for upgrades!

Keep up the good work!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:17 PM   #17
Matt'sSS
From 2 door to 5 door

Drives: C5 Vert->CGM SS RS M6->SRT8 Magnum
Quote:
No rub

mike
dms
Very cool! Feel free to shoo me off, but just wondering if you had to modify anything? I'm guessing it required your coilovers for clearance but anything else have to get tweaked?

Quote:

mike
dms
Matt'sSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:06 PM   #18
REVOLUTIONSS

Drives: triple black Super sport
great news mike ! , pedders indy car handling + crazy petes driving skills + procharged 6.2 = a priceless youtube video
REVOLUTIONSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 03:06 PM   #19
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt'sSS View Post
Very cool! Feel free to shoo me off, but just wondering if you had to modify anything? I'm guessing it required your coilovers for clearance but anything else have to get tweaked?

Since the goal is to obtain a more superior handling Camaro, the test fit was done on a Xa equipped Camaro. All of our work we have done on wheels and tires is to enhance the ultimate handing Camaro. Having the same size tire front and rear is a benefit that will assist in the reduction of understeer. Adding wider tires to the rear than the fronts, increases understeer.

mike
dms
Old 08-14-2009, 03:37 PM   #20
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I'm looking forward to seeing the numbers and the results of your secret project with GM.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:34 PM   #21
CGM2SSRS
susp.ban4life!

Drives: Raptor
Hey Mike, any update on where this round of XA's are right about now?
CGM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:38 PM   #22
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Are you able to reprogram the speedometer so it's accurate?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:27 PM   #23
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Pete will be mad at me, but Pete's Camaro will be prepped to out-perform a Z06 on a actual track, which will probably be Gingerman. That will not be hard to do. But we will push the envelop to eat a ZR1. Cannot talk about what we are going to do, but we are not at the point with our testing tht we think we can do it. We have already been able to get Pete's G8 within a 1/2 second off of qualifying time for a GTR Vette with street tires. So now we are hungry!

mike
dms

Bring it out to Miller Motorsports Park for NASA Nationals and we'll run you in our ST1 Z06. The engine is basically stock aside from Headers, Intake and Exhaust. It would be interesting to say the least.

Have a great weekend Mike!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:53 PM   #24
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Since the goal is to obtain a more superior handling Camaro, the test fit was done on a Xa equipped Camaro. All of our work we have done on wheels and tires is to enhance the ultimate handing Camaro. Having the same size tire front and rear is a benefit that will assist in the reduction of understeer. Adding wider tires to the rear than the fronts, increases understeer.

mike
dms
Unless your sway bar package was designed to get the largest possible tire under the front and rear without rubbing. I think the optimal tire size is going to be 275-295 front and 305-315 rear.

Kind regards,
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:00 PM   #25
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post

Bring it out to Miller Motorsports Park for NASA Nationals and we'll run you in our ST1 Z06. The engine is basically stock aside from Headers, Intake and Exhaust. It would be interesting to say the least.

Have a great weekend Mike!
I would assume we will be running our tests at Gingerman. We have easy access to it, and it is close to our corporate office.

Have a great weekend as well.

mike
dms
Old 08-14-2009, 10:11 PM   #26
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:

mike
dms
Mike, I'm sold, once you let slip on wheel and tire configs, I'm in. But I'm still gonna go with 20's.

when you have time, can you educate me on why wider rears than fronts increases understeer?

I'd like to learn why this happens.

Can't wait to see the details.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:17 PM   #27
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Unless your sway bar package was designed to get the largest possible tire under the front and rear without rubbing. I think the optimal tire size is going to be 275-295 front and 305-315 rear.

Kind regards,
We are going to have 2 multi adjustable sway bar packages available, and this is due to a serious variations we will see in the Camaro community in chasis upgrades. We will have options from guys who just want to do tires and bars, to our Track Xa system that has everything we offer. The differences in sway bar needs are quite different. The WD 40 Camaro we did we were able to get it to a neutral steering feel with just our coil overs, and radius rod bushing enhancers.

With your Corvette experience, I am sure you are aware of the setups for th GTR Vette. At the high speed track in NJ, we were able to get Pete's G8 within 1/2 second of their qualifying time there and we were running performance street tires, 275's on all 4 corners. So being able to beat a Z06 at Gingerman should be no problem. We already have the 2 drivers lined up, and are just waiting to for all the engine upgrades, wheels, and 305 tires for all 4 corners. Now a upgraded Z06 suspension, wheels and motor work is a all together different story.

Now we will have to agree to disagree on what the optimum tire combo is in a max performance basis. On our last track testing, we did try splitting the tires, and in fact the corners had more understeer with the larger tires in the back. We did not, however, have the influence of sway bars. That will occur on our next track event.

Take care.

mike
dms
Old 08-14-2009, 10:54 PM   #28
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Mike, I'm sold, once you let slip on wheel and tire configs, I'm in. But I'm still gonna go with 20's.

when you have time, can you educate me on why wider rears than fronts increases understeer?

I'd like to learn why this happens.

Can't wait to see the details.
We have learned more about the Camaro suspension than all of our other platforms. What poeple need to do is to come up with a total goal first.
I say this because the tires you select have a very serious affect on the overall handling. We have learned this and will be eventually offering 2 different Xa packages to help fine tune the rear to complement the rear tires best as possible. Same thing will go with our sway bars. They tested out great, but we will bump them up and come up with multiple sway bar packages again to match upgrades. We have found that you can over bar the Camaro if you are doing them without upgrading srpings and dampers. What this means is you can reduce your handling, by increasing understeer by doing a front and rear sway bars without other upgrades.

So a master plan that must include a budget, should be done before wheels and tires. I spend a lot of time helping guys thru this product. So far, the really great wheels out there that I have seen so far are pretty pricy.

Hope this helps

mike
dms