Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-05-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
honeybucket99

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM CAMARO BEAST
allocation question

Okay,

Here's what the inventory mgr tells me today--

his allocations at present run through next week the 13th--at that point in time chevy does a "consensus" ostensibly where the dealer requests more camaros, but is not guaranteed any. I am # 3 in line right now to move from 1100 to 2000. He claims that he will be able to give me an accurate date that I will be picked up after this "consensus" thing. Anyone ever heard of this? I am confused...
honeybucket99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
usmcjlp

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 RJT
Your dealer is BSing you. He wants a deposit so he has a sold order. He has no guarantee of getting allocation. If he is a small low volume dealer it might be spring before you get your vehicle. Is he giving you a discount below msrp? If not I know 2 dealers (VA and MI) with cars that can get your order filled ASAP.

I was told the same story and sat at 1100 for 3 months. I canceled yesterday, ordered from dealer in MI and I am at 3300 today. That's less than 24 hours. That's what happens when dealer has allocation. Anything else is crap.

If you want leads on several cars send me a PM and I will provide them. Whatever you do don't pay over MSRP. If you place a deposit use a credit card. That way if dealer doesn't deliver or changes price you can have credit card dispute and get credited. Trust me I've been there as well.
usmcjlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:19 PM   #3
usmcjlp

Here is the dealer I used:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33476

This dealer has 2 on the lot and will give discount:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35858
Old 08-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #4
honeybucket99

thanks
Old 08-05-2009, 07:40 PM   #5
usmcjlp

If you order from them, ask the manager to put in a drop dead date. If he doesn't receive allocation by certain day, you get to walk. See what he says.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:58 PM   #6
RedRaider

Drives: 2000 Tahoe LT, 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcjlp View Post
If you order from them, ask the manager to put in a drop dead date. If he doesn't receive allocation by certain day, you get to walk. See what he says.
Thats a great idea. Wish I had thought to ask for this. I think I'll get allocation for my order by September, but I guess there is no guarantee.
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:59 PM   #7
ssarrival
ZUL8TR

Drives: 94 Z28
I just spoke to Parks Chev. in Kernersville NC yesterday where I bought my 2SS and Nathan told me that he had 1 in stock and available a SS. He said the original cust. had backed out on the deal. These guys are selling for msrp and nothing over. Inerested call and speak to Nathan Eagle 336-992-2000.
ssarrival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:00 PM   #8
RedRaider

Drives: 2000 Tahoe LT, 2010 2LT/RS
Also, any dealers care to comment on what happens after Aug 13 as far as allocations go? Has GM announced any further allocations for your dealership beyond 8/13 yet?
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #9
honeybucket99

My understanding is that the dealer's orders get picked on Thursday of each week (if that is true). The inventory manager claimed that he had one order that would/should be picked up tomorrow. He claimed this "consensus" deal allowed the dealership to request more camaros than allocated on the weekly basis.

Being third in line, his point was that mine would go by the 13th I guess. I just can't figure out how the whole process works...
Old 08-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #10
usmcjlp

I agree the process is confusing. You will quickly realize that if you get addicted to this site, like I am, you will probably know more about the vehicle than your average dealer. There are a handful of dealers who are actually enthusiasts that care about GM. Unfortunately, the vast majority of salesman don't do their homework. They could sell chevy, honda, who cares as long as its a paycheck. Not to be bitter but that was my experience with the process. I got no real help until I did my own research here. But that's the case with everything. Buyer beware.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:55 PM   #11
NUCAR

Drives: 68 big block
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybucket99 View Post
Okay,

Here's what the inventory mgr tells me today--

his allocations at present run through next week the 13th--at that point in time chevy does a "consensus" ostensibly where the dealer requests more camaros, but is not guaranteed any. I am # 3 in line right now to move from 1100 to 2000. He claims that he will be able to give me an accurate date that I will be picked up after this "consensus" thing. Anyone ever heard of this? I am confused...
Current allocations DO run through 8/13. Allocations result from a monthly concensus, which is done for every vehicle line..Cobalts to Camaros to Suburbans. Concensus=coming to an agreement with your area GM rep on how many vehicles you will get for the next monthy cycle. Hot properties like Camaro and ZR1 you beg for more that your forecast amount. Those they have excess capacity on, you get rammed down your throat. The two parties thus arrive at a "concensus" on how many they can expect to be able to order in the next month's cycle. A week or so later you can view an "allocation by week" report which tells you how many vehicles you can order on a specific week. These tend to run mid-month to mid-month. From this data, he should be able to tell you if and when your order will go in.
Clear as mud?
NUCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:01 PM   #12
ThunderSS

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCAR View Post
Clear as mud?
Crystal!

2010 Camaro SS/RS HKE Forged 416 CID
http://www.fquick.com/ThunderZ28
510 HP/485 Ft. Lbs
ThunderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:08 PM   #13
usmcjlp

Thank you NUCAR, one of the dealers that cares. You helped me as well.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:11 PM   #14
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCAR View Post
Current allocations DO run through 8/13. Allocations result from a monthly concensus, which is done for every vehicle line..Cobalts to Camaros to Suburbans. Concensus=coming to an agreement with your area GM rep on how many vehicles you will get for the next monthy cycle. Hot properties like Camaro and ZR1 you beg for more that your forecast amount. Those they have excess capacity on, you get rammed down your throat. The two parties thus arrive at a "concensus" on how many they can expect to be able to order in the next month's cycle. A week or so later you can view an "allocation by week" report which tells you how many vehicles you can order on a specific week. These tend to run mid-month to mid-month. From this data, he should be able to tell you if and when your order will go in.
Clear as mud?

Thanks.... That is the first post that actually made sense concerning allocations.