Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-02-2016, 03:55 PM   #1
brianxix

Drives: 2019 2LT RS
I'm thinikng aboutbuying a new Camaro...I have a few questions though

Hi guys.

I had a new 2015 Mustang Ecoboost last year...until I filed for divorce. Anyhow I'm in better financial shape now and I want a new car again(Hey im single now too lol) Anyhow I had a few lingering questions I was hoping you could answer

1) How is Chevys quality. My dad brought a new Impala in 2004 and it was an issue from day one. Im hoping the QC is better in 2016. Does Chevy stand behind their cars. Ford was so so, and thats why I'm looking elsewhere(owned only Fords since 2000)
2) I have 2 boys(10&14), how is the back seat space in the Camaro? They had no issues fitting in the 15 Mustang
3) Snow. Yes I know its a RWD car, but how will it handle on snow tires. Does the snow mode really help? I was never able to keep my stang long enough to test it :(
Thanks in advance
ETA sorry about the typos.

Last edited by brianxix; 07-03-2016 at 07:20 AM.
brianxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 04:18 PM   #2
chuckie669

Drives: 2011 ss
If you're looking for a 16, i believe the back seat is smaller than the 5th gen camaro. Price to pay for weight loss.
chuckie669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:42 PM   #3
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
If the option was even on the table, I'd completely remove the 5th gen from that equation if you're able to pick up a 6th gen. Unless you just really can't get over the 6th gens styling cues, I wouldn't even look twice at a 5th gen.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:14 PM   #4
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
If your kids fit in the back seat of a Mustang. They'll fit in a Camaro. Quality is hit or miss with Camaros. Same as the Mustangs. Snow? Get an SUV.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:42 PM   #5
13coupe

Drives: Crystal Red 1SS Coupe 6spd manual
Get the Camaro! You'll love it. Put snow tires on in the winter and enjoy.
Quality on the Chevies has never been better. Pick a great dealer that will work with you and get to know the service dept. They want your business.
13coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:10 PM   #6
havelegs

Drives: '23 LT1 A10
I have a 15 and have no complaints. The backseat may be tight for the kids depending on how tall they are.
Old 07-02-2016, 09:20 PM   #7
Magnificent

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
If your kids fit in the back seat of a Mustang. They'll fit in a Camaro. Quality is hit or miss with Camaros. Same as the Mustangs. Snow? Get an SUV.
I have to respectfully disagree. I'm not sure about the kids fitting in your mustang...but in my 4th gen Camaro my kids fit better than my 5th gen. My 11 year old son is getting a little bit big for the backseat for the 2012. He is 5' tall and slender. I justified the car because he can sit in the front and YOLO>I'm single too. Tell the 14 year old to sit in the front and then the 11 yo can have the whole back seat. It minimizes fighting too. When they whine say, "You guys are right, I shouldn't have purchased this sweet ride. I will sell it and get a minivan....we will call it the "man" van and we can be 3 cool dudes riding around town each in our own row...you will get your own mini blinds and curtains too guys---it'll be bitchin'!"....that should shut them up. I only had to say it 3 or 4 times and now all I hear is good. BTW the car is as sexy as you think..
Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 08:47 AM   #8
GossipSquirrelJelena
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT. Supercharged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnificent View Post
I have to respectfully disagree. I'm not sure about the kids fitting in your mustang...but in my 4th gen Camaro my kids fit better than my 5th gen. My 11 year old son is getting a little bit big for the backseat for the 2012. He is 5' tall and slender. I justified the car because he can sit in the front and YOLO>I'm single too. Tell the 14 year old to sit in the front and then the 11 yo can have the whole back seat. It minimizes fighting too. When they whine say, "You guys are right, I shouldn't have purchased this sweet ride. I will sell it and get a minivan....we will call it the "man" van and we can be 3 cool dudes riding around town each in our own row...you will get your own mini blinds and curtains too guys---it'll be bitchin'!"....that should shut them up. I only had to say it 3 or 4 times and now all I hear is good. BTW the car is as sexy as you think..
I'm not sure what your disagreeing with? Seat space In Camaros and Mustangs suck equally. Will people fit back there? Sure. Will they be comfortable? Probably not. If the OPs kids didn't complain in the Mustang. They probably wont complain in the Camaro either.
GossipSquirrelJelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 01:42 PM   #9
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by GossipSquirrelJelena View Post
I'm not sure what your disagreeing with? Seat space In Camaros and Mustangs suck equally. Will people fit back there? Sure. Will they be comfortable? Probably not. If the OPs kids didn't complain in the Mustang. They probably wont complain in the Camaro either.
My 17 yr old daughter and her friend fit in the backseat of my car all the time. Are they perfectly comfortable? No....they tell me that.....but your right people can fit back there. It's not like it's off limits.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 10:57 PM   #10
brianxix

Drives: 2019 2LT RS
My kids were pissed when I sold the Stang. I'm taking them with me when I test drive it, I just wasnt sure if it was a waste of time. Based on the responses I'm going to check one out next week
Thanks guys.
brianxix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 04:56 PM   #11
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
If the option was even on the table, I'd completely remove the 5th gen from that equation if you're able to pick up a 6th gen. Unless you just really can't get over the 6th gens styling cues, I wouldn't even look twice at a 5th gen.
I have owned both gens and I think the quality of 5th and 6th gen Camaros are about as good as most other cars. Of the four I have owned the ZL1 was the only one ever to need service. And when the dealer could not fix it GM bought it back for every cent I paid for the car and made me good deal on a new one. My Toyota Rav4 has had at least 4 recalls, but over all is also very reliable.

As for looks the 5th gen Camaro is better looking to me, although my '16 SS get many compliments.

Although it is a little heavy the 5th gen is fast and roomy. The 1LEs and ZL1 are both great handling cars. Right now if I could have a do over on my ZL1 buyback I would get another ZL1 (without Recaros). It was and is a memorable car to own.

The new SS is fun to drive and as fast as my ZL1, so I am satisfied for now.
Old 07-31-2016, 01:57 PM   #12
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
picked up my slightly used 2015 RS this weekend...go for it!
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 06:50 PM   #13
SSeniorMoment

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6 IOM
Your boys are in a growing stage, I was about 6ft tall when I was 14 and my feet were growing fast too.

Fast forward, now I'm old, but the IOM Camaro with orange leather seats is a chick magnet, more so with the thump-thump of a solid roller cam. Nothing like a gal leaning in the door window asking how fast the Camaro was and me fumbling for bifocals to get things into the proper perspective.

Camaro has been very reliable, but I also researched for a dealership with an above average reputation. With the price of the 16s, I'd also search out the GT 350, just for fun.
SSeniorMoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 08:15 PM   #14
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Buy ANY Camaro, you won't regret it, promise!
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote