Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 08-30-2016, 01:37 PM   #1
dgritti

Drives: 2013 v6 2 LT
Braum Racing Seat Install

Hey guys wanted to do a write up for you guys to see how we installed my new Braum Racing seats.

Just got them in two weeks ago and was able to do the install just recently and wanted to show others how easy this install was and how amazing the seats look and feel compared to my factory seats.

The photos will be in order at the bottom feel free to ask or message me anytime for more details if you need them. Give me feedback to since this is my first DIY let me know how I did.

LETS GET STARTED

RED First off lets talk about the install of the new seats. This was super easy to remove the factory motorized leather seats ( my god are they heavy). There are only two bolts that are on the back of the rails that are exposed once you slide the seats all the way forward. These are Two T50 bolts on both driver and passenger seats. With just a little wrenching and the bolts are out.

BLUE Next was unplugging the wiring harness. This is very straight forward, all you need is a flat head to put some pressure on the clip and it slides over and pops right off.

Now its time to lift the seats out. This is where you will pick the seat up from the back and lift it forward then up since the front of the factory seats have a hook that locks the sliders into the car.

Now came the time to put the new seats sliders and mounting brackets all together to drop them into the car.

PURPLE This gave me a couple issues due to operator error so i wanna point them out to you guys as well.
So with this there where bolts that came bolted into the bottom of the new seats. These are there to bolt the sliders to the seats. Now what took me a couple attempts was they came with small spacers on them so i thought they bolt on the inside of the sliders. How ever your suppose to put the spacer in between the seats and the sliders NOT inside the sliders. That's where it took me a min to figure it out (Operator error).
Now once you have the sliders bolted up to the you have to squeeze in the bars that connects the two sliders so well you can slide of course.

GREEN Alright now we have the old seats out and the sliders mounted to the new seats, now comes time to bolt up the mounting bracket to the sliders to drop them in the car.
This is pretty straight forward but it does take some playing around with sliding the seats up and down to get to the bolts in the seat. Also with this since i haven't done my harness system yet I used the Factory seat belt. With this I took the seat belt buckle off the side of the factory seats and bolted them to the new seat brackets, now with the factory buckle it has two small prongs just below the bolt so i had to bend them a little bit so that way I didn't have to dig to china to find the buckle. Once that's on there and all the four bolts are bolted to the seats its time to drop in.

Same way we took out the factory seats we do the reverse to drop in the new ones. Since its just two bolts (per seat) drop in tighten down and adjust your seat to your proper liking.

So now that we have the seats in the car the one thing you will notice is that the aftermarket seats don't have the airbags in them, Now you will need to run a resister to where your wiring harness use to be so that way 1. that pesky airbag life goes off and 2. so the rest of your airbags deploy. Once that is taken care of its time to get cozy and enjoy.

Let me know what you think. The seats are amazing so comfy and lock you in when whipping around corners hard.

Thank you so much to the team over at Braum Racing for being amazing and helping with install instructions and getting back to me in a timely manor.
Let me know what you think thanks guys.
Attached Images

dgritti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 03:53 PM   #2
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
Those seats look very nice... before / after impressions on headroom etc?
Old 08-30-2016, 03:55 PM   #3
dgritti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcloak View Post
Those seats look very nice... before / after impressions on headroom etc?
Still got plenty of headroom in the car.
Ill double check to see if i have any pictures of the old seats and the new seats for before and after.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:26 PM   #4
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
I was just looking at swapping my seats out.. Lol. I was concerned with the air bag issue. Looks great and way lighter too. Nice job.. Could you show some more detail on the way you handled the air bag wire situation?
Old 08-30-2016, 11:54 PM   #5
dgritti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjellyfish212 View Post
I was just looking at swapping my seats out.. Lol. I was concerned with the air bag issue. Looks great and way lighter too. Nice job.. Could you show some more detail on the way you handled the air bag wire situation?
Yeah man no problem I don't have photos but I ran a resister to the original plug where the harness would go and it cleared it all up. A local speed shop threw it in for me took them maybe a hour maybe. They have done them before.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:31 PM   #6
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
The Elite series looks like the a Corvette Compitetion seat.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
braum racing, diy, install, seats