Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-15-2012, 09:52 AM   #43
bthomp01

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
At the end of the day, I'm a fan of Detroit. I grew up in the area and my Dad worked for GM for 38 years (and right before his retirement spent a bunch of time working on the 5th gens and taking plenty of trips up to Oshawa... he retired before it went into production though) so I'm obviously going to be biased towards Chevy... but I always feel a twinge of pride when I see the awesome resurgence of the American muscle car, be it the Camaro, Mustang, or Challenger. Great friendly competition, but as with any enthusiast community there's douchebags in all corners.

Matte Black Bumblebee Stripes - Unpainted Heritage Grille - Blacked Out Bowties - Stainless Works S-Tube Catback - CAI, Inc. Cold Air Intake
Whiteline Rear Cradle, Rear Differential, Front Radius Rod Bushings - BC Racing BR Coilovers - Installed by Whiteside Customs

bthomp01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #44
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94

I see you are hiding the Ugly one to keep from scaring the kids! j/k. I would love to drive the new Boss 302...sexy beasts.

We were at a local show last night - had a row of new Camaros next to new Challengers and then the Mustangs were at the end. The Challenger guys and the Camaro guys were all mingling and having a good time. The Mustang guys all treated us like we did not exist in their world. We all went down and checked out a brand new '13 GT with temp tags on it...not even a grunt as we were admiring the car. Oh well.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #45
DJ UNKNOWN

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel RS
Had a mustang guy chase me dwn yesterday just to stare at my rims and gave me a thumbs up I thought that was pretty cool
DJ UNKNOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 12:23 PM   #46
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
I agree, especially since I own both models now, that the better looking one IMO is the Camaro. From the rear to those broad quarter flanks to the retro inspired front fascia - I'm still in awe of its beauty and styling. Many may frown on the low roof/window & subpar visibility, but it's what adds to and makes the design and silhouette stand out... that chopped roof is simply awesome. I just love my new SS!
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:10 PM   #47
Cvega

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS Black
Great story!! That is the way enthusiasts should be!! RESPECT EACH OTHER, and acknowledge Camaros and Mustangs are all BAD ASS!!
Cvega is offline   Reply With Quote