Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-29-2013, 07:06 AM   #1
Bumblebeesucks

Drives: Bumblebee
Door Panel rattle (fix?)

I recently bought electric cut outs but tend to not use them due to the rattles I get inside the car.

Is anyone experiencing the same rattle coming from the door panel? I've taken it apart several times and even took it to the dealer and they haven't fixed it. I feel certain it's those white plastic pins that line up into the holes on the outer edge.

I think they are vibrating against the bare metal. Has anyone fixed this? Does anyone make like some kind of sound deadening material/gasket I could cut holes in to keep it off the metal?

Thoughts?
Bumblebeesucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #2
Bumblebeesucks

I must have the only one that rattles... Lol
Old 06-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
Laserjen

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
My 2010 used to rattle in the passenger door. There's a rubber insert in the inside door handle/armrest hiding an allen screw...all I had to do was tighten it a little (but not too much or it would rattle again...there seemed to be a sweet spot).
Old 06-29-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
Bumblebeesucks

I will try this and see if it helps any. It's more than one spot that is rattling the plastic pieces. Seems that all of them tend to do it
Old 06-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
Their are metal clips that go along the inside to hold the clip, make sureyou hvae these in there so its not against bare metal
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #6
My45thAnniversaryCamaro

Drives: 45th Anniversary
My door panels just recently started rattling
My45thAnniversaryCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
Bumblebeesucks

DaFisch do you have a picture or anything of what these might look like?
Old 06-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #8
wlvrine

Drives: 2013 HW Edition
I have the same issue. Took it in to the dealer for a fix, and I honestly do not think they even looked at it ( though they say they did). Still rattling.
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebeesucks View Post
I recently bought electric cut outs but tend to not use them due to the rattles I get inside the car.

Is anyone experiencing the same rattle coming from the door panel? I've taken it apart several times and even took it to the dealer and they haven't fixed it. I feel certain it's those white plastic pins that line up into the holes on the outer edge.

I think they are vibrating against the bare metal. Has anyone fixed this? Does anyone make like some kind of sound deadening material/gasket I could cut holes in to keep it off the metal?

Thoughts?
Sincere apologies for the rattling noise you are experiencing. Did the dealership identify the sound or simply wasn't able to diagnose the concern? I'd like to assist if possible so please feel free to send me a PM and I'll see what I can do for you.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #10
My45thAnniversaryCamaro

Drives: 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlvrine View Post
I have the same issue. Took it in to the dealer for a fix, and I honestly do not think they even looked at it ( though they say they did). Still rattling.
I'm not even gonna bother taking it to a dealer I hate dealing with Chevy, I tried getting my back speakers to stop rattling, took my car to two dealers over 3 separate trips. One said they couldnt do anything and the other said there was nothing wrong. Then went to a sound place and they fixed it in an hour. Chevy customer service wouldn't do anything but be like sorry you're out of luck. Had to spend 100$ out of pocket to get it fixed, not planning on going to a dealer to try and get the door rattle stopped. I truly hate dealing with dealerships.
My45thAnniversaryCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:36 PM   #11
wlvrine

Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by My45thAnniversaryCamaro View Post
I'm not even gonna bother taking it to a dealer I hate dealing with Chevy, I tried getting my back speakers to stop rattling, took my car to two dealers over 3 separate trips. One said they couldnt do anything and the other said there was nothing wrong. Then went to a sound place and they fixed it in an hour. Chevy customer service wouldn't do anything but be like sorry you're out of luck. Had to spend 100$ out of pocket to get it fixed, not planning on going to a dealer to try and get the door rattle stopped. I truly hate dealing with dealerships.
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 05:17 PM   #12
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
I thought I had a door rattle in mine. It ended up being the passenger seat mount and the passenger headrest mount. One bolt on the seat track, and pinched the rails that hold the headrest.

I fixed them myself.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:15 AM   #13
blackswan

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS
I will be posting a fairly comprehensive review of my "rattle findings" shortly...
blackswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:56 AM   #14
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
I have a slight rattle/buzzing from my passanger side door under acceleration. I had it dynomated so I'm unsure why it's rattling. Too lazy to take it off again.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote