Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 01-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #1
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
RPI Designs

So I just wanted to make a review over RPI. I had ordered a carbon fiber fuse box that matches the color of my camaro IBM. Which costs 115 dollars. I ordered it on the 27th of December 2011 and just received it today 21 January 2012. It took longer than I wished, but I knew that with the holidays it was probably going to take a bit longer. They say that it take 8 to 10 business days before they ship. I think it takes a bit longer than that. However, I never had a problem with communication with them. I always sent Josh an email and he would always respond back to me right away so that was reassuring. After I received the fuse box and took a look at it, it seemed very dark and really hard to see the IBM color. However, it wasn't a sunny day out just an overcast for today. I turned on the lights in the garage and even put a flash light on it and with some light you can see it better. So I am thinking that when I go to some car shows and I open up the hood and the sun hits the fuse box, the whole carbon fiber and IBM color will pop. Thats me hoping. I don't believe it is 100% carbon fiber cover though. It looked like black plastic molding of the fuse cover with carbon fiber over the top. I believe they put 3 layers of clear coat so it definitely has the shiney factor. I haven't put it on yet, but it has 2 pieces of double sided tape that just goes right over the top of the factory cover. I will put it on later tomorrow and take some pictures and repost them on this thread.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
pics?
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Here are some photos. When the flash of the camera hit the cover at the right angle you can really see the IBM color and carbon fiber and it looks amazing, but I also took some angle shots where if the light doesn't hit it just right the whole thing just looks black. I am sure if a person was to order one of these to match their car and their car was on the lighter side it would show better. I had placed it on my camaro. Took a little bit trying to figure how to get to sit the best, but I figured it out. I definitely believe that the double side tape is needed. As they said, this is a cover piece so you can always open your fuse box without having to remove the carbon fiber. They open up as one.
Attached Images

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #4
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
it doesnt look TOO bad. just dont know about $115 worth
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote