Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-19-2020, 07:03 AM   #43
VinnAY
Account Suspended

Drives: 18 1SS/1LE
Id seriously consider one but the limited numbers means dealer pricing BS games and that's not what I'm interested in doing. I'll take a look because I'll be in the market shortly after the car is hitting lots.
VinnAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 07:34 AM   #44
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
Got it. I misunderstood that. 7th gen will likely be radically different. Not a lot I can say about that and absolutely no indication of what special models might spring from the base car. Way too early to get that type of info. Like, maybe two years early.
Assuming we see a 7th gen. Probably on VSS-R which isn't ready. Al Oppenheiser is on the EV team now (and apparently developing T-tops - see Hummer). GM teased a 2 door electric car with a Camaro silhouette earlier. We know GM's strategy in general. Electric, zero emissions. That's where the next gen will be drastically different if it gets the green light.

I hope they just extend the 6th gen to bridge the gap for another 4-5 years. Release a few special editions. Grab that V8 before it's gone. You may be seeing a silent Camaro running the strip in the years to come.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 08:02 AM   #45
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingHawk View Post
I agree, that's why I was inquiring about potential special models for the 7th gen. What kind of old school Camaro special editions can be made into modern form like how the Mustang has it? Or they simple don't exist in the Camaro world?

The spring edition was at least better than some of the cosmetic packages available on the 6th gen now.
I can't really think of a old school edition off the top of my head they could use. And yeah these cosmetic packages are something else.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 08:26 AM   #46
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Quote:
Got it. I misunderstood that. 7th gen will likely be radically different. Not a lot I can say about that and absolutely no indication of what special models might spring from the base car. Way too early to get that type of info. Like, maybe two years early.
James I love your posts. Especially when they're optimistic about a 7th Gen.
What are the chances a V8/manual combo is still available with the next generation? Or are you thinking all electric?
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 08:54 AM   #47
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
James I love your posts. Especially when they're optimistic about a 7th Gen.
What are the chances a V8/manual combo is still available with the next generation? Or are you thinking all electric?
Thanks for the kind words. Not trying to be coy, but I really need to stop commenting on next gens for Camaro until more of what I’ve overheard becomes publicly available. I’ve always said I will not “break news” but I will confirm things that come to light when I am able. And for the record, “come to light” does not mean “guessed right”. If you or your company have access to IHS Markit Powertrain Production Forecast you can pull down the next forecast in a couple weeks and see exactly what I think.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 09:22 AM   #48
snizzle
Recalled user

Why would the 7th gen be put on hold? Maybe VSS-R availability? Didn't they confirm no Alpha 2 for the Camaro?

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
RX Catch Can
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
Old 06-19-2020, 10:12 AM   #49
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Why would the 7th gen be put on hold? Maybe VSS-R availability? Didn't they confirm no Alpha 2 for the Camaro?

From reading tea leaves and making an educated guess.

CT4/5 are built on Alpha 2, Camaro on alpha. Those are the only things built at that plant. So essentially CT4/5 need Camaro volume to survive to justify plant staying open. Unless there is something else we don't know about coming to alpha it doesn't make sense to move Camaro to a different platform unless that plant can also build VSS-r
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:27 AM   #50
snizzle
Recalled user

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
From reading tea leaves and making an educated guess.

CT4/5 are built on Alpha 2, Camaro on alpha. Those are the only things built at that plant. So essentially CT4/5 need Camaro volume to survive to justify plant staying open. Unless there is something else we don't know about coming to alpha it doesn't make sense to move Camaro to a different platform unless that plant can also build VSS-r
Probably why the 6th gen Camaro limps on as-is until 2025 or goes on hiatus again around 2023 for a few years.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
RX Catch Can
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
Old 06-19-2020, 11:20 AM   #51
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. Not trying to be coy, but I really need to stop commenting on next gens for Camaro until more of what I’ve overheard becomes publicly available. I’ve always said I will not “break news” but I will confirm things that come to light when I am able. And for the record, “come to light” does not mean “guessed right”. If you or your company have access to IHS Markit Powertrain Production Forecast you can pull down the next forecast in a couple weeks and see exactly what I think.
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't sure what you could divulge but thought I'd ask anyways.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 11:36 AM   #52
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Probably why the 6th gen Camaro limps on as-is until 2025 or goes on hiatus again around 2023 for a few years.
Yep and like I said thats just a guess based on things I have read/rumors.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 06-19-2020, 02:20 PM   #53
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnAY View Post
Id seriously consider one but the limited numbers means dealer pricing BS games and that's not what I'm interested in doing. I'll take a look because I'll be in the market shortly after the car is hitting lots.
I remember back when lightning, cobra's and mach's were on dealer lots back in early 2000's. At worst (at least around my area) you'd pay full sticker price. Definitely not what we see today it sure seems.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 02:35 PM   #54
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
I remember back when lightning, cobra's and mach's were on dealer lots back in early 2000's. At worst (at least around my area) you'd pay full sticker price. Definitely not what we see today it sure seems.
Yep. Buddy of mine got his 04 Cobra for slightly under window back in 2004. First time I ever saw ADM was when the S197 first hit the lots and for the first month or two dealers wanted about 1500 over sticker when they only had 1 or 2 on the lots. Then the GT500 had it, then same happened with the Gen 5 at first and the Z/28 and its been a vicious cycle since......what changed
Old 06-19-2020, 06:35 PM   #55
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
I really dislike mustangs.

So, I can't believe I'm saying this....

I'd buy that white one.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 02:54 PM   #56
Craig

Drives: ‘23 SS1LE
Quote:
Jim, do you think it’s realistic to expect any actual upgrades or added features to the sixth gen at this point? Past 1LE they’ve really just shuffled configurations (V8 in base trim, A10 in 1LE, etc) and the seasonal packages are mostly just bundles of existing LPOs.

I’ll be in the market for a ZL1 but GM is giving me no reason to buy new other than what, the camera mirror?
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote