Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 11-24-2011, 11:26 AM   #43
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliwrench View Post
sweeeeet! Anything damaged from that damaged box I see?
Don't think so it just wore the box a bit.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:32 PM   #44
Heliwrench

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS
DSS 1400 HP Axles and 1 Piece Aluminum Driveshaft

No review for these other than they look great... Will review more once I install all this stuff! Thanks Frank at DSS and Mercuryman

Suspension: BMR Trailing Arms and Bushings, FE6 Swaybar Conversion With Pedders 27mm Front and 32mm Rear ZL1 Swaybars and Links
Chassis: Hotchkis Chassis Max Brace, BMR Pro Cradle Bushings
Exterior:: Shine by Adam's.
...and plenty more
Heliwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:48 AM   #45
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
DSS 1400 HP Axles and 1 Piece Aluminum Driveshaft

No review for these other than they look great... Will review more once I install all this stuff! Thanks Frank at DSS and Mercuryman

Looks good. Let me know how you want to handle the installation.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #46
Heliwrench

Lloyd's Floor Mats

My girlfriend picked me up a set of 4 Lloyd's floor mats for Christmas! The quality of these mats are amazing. They are thick, and super comfy on the feet. They also make the interior stand out a ton, even though mine are simple with just an "SS" logo.

Suspension: BMR Trailing Arms and Bushings, FE6 Swaybar Conversion With Pedders 27mm Front and 32mm Rear ZL1 Swaybars and Links
...and plenty more
Old 12-28-2011, 07:20 PM   #47
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Car is really looking good, keep posting pics, i love pictures, lol!
Old 12-28-2011, 11:49 PM   #48
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Lloyd's Floor Mats

My girlfriend picked me up a set of 4 Lloyd's floor mats for Christmas! The quality of these mats are amazing. They are thick, and super comfy on the feet. They also make the interior stand out a ton, even though mine are simple with just an "SS" logo.

Nice. Colleen got me a new Lost Coast Brewery tap handle and some really cool Lost Coast beer glass's.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:36 AM   #49
Heliwrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
Nice. Colleen got me a new Lost Coast Brewery tap handle and some really cool Lost Coast beer glass's.

...and plenty more
Old 02-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #50
Heliwrench

Well, I've decided it's time to stop being lazy and start getting some of this parts stockpile installed... Put the Lingenfelter Clutch Return Spring in yesterday... took all of a minute. I laughed that I left it for so long afterwards. Pedal feel is stiffer, and it definitely returns! Takes a few minutes driving to get used to but I actually like it more.

This should save my new clutch from any strange pedal stuck to the floor issues, which will save money.

Up next is the clutch, driveshaft, driveshaft loop and short shifter.

Then it's time to attack all the rear end bushings.
...and plenty more
Old 03-27-2012, 10:26 PM   #51
Heliwrench

Driveshaft, Clutch and MGW Shifter install began today
...and plenty more
Old 03-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #52
Merc
In The Circle

Old 03-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #53
Heliwrench

Will be picking up the car from Bob's Driveline tomorrow, he kept commenting on how nice The Driveshaft Shop 1 Piece Aluminum Shaft was.

Can't wait to drive it with the new shifter!
...and plenty more
Old 03-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #54
Heliwrench

Picked up the car from Bobs Driveline in Aldergrove yesterday. I've only driven it about 70km so far but I like it!

Driveshaft Shop 1 Piece 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft

The shop commented multiple times on how nice the shaft is. The install apparently couldn't have gone smoother. Driving it, the first thing I notice is that there is absolutely NO vibration. The car seems more "solid" when pressing the pedal. It has eliminated all flex between the transmission and rear end. Fitment with my 3" Kook's pipes doesn't appear to be an issue. There's not too much to say about a product that just works as advertised. I'd highly recommend the shaft. Now I just need to modify the BMR driveshaft loop to extend it 4" aft to contain the driveshaft better... not that I see it failing.

MGW Shifter

I had them install the MGW shifter while the tranny was out for the clutch swap so I can't really comment on how hard of an install it was, as it probably wasn't that bad with the tranny on the floor. Needless to say, it feels amazing. Super short shifts, solid feel, VERY hard to shift into the wrong gear.

Vibration is the same as any short shifter I have ever driven. They all do to some degree. MGW has included so much padding and sound deadening though that it seems less than most others I have driven.

I haven't been given a chance to really beat on it as I'm doing a bit of a break in on the clutch, but soon! As far as I'm concerned the MGW is the only shifter to get.

Just got word my Pedders FE5 swaybars ZL1 LCA's are here
...and plenty more

Last edited by Heliwrench; 04-23-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:51 AM   #55
Merc
In The Circle

Quote:
Picked up the car from Bobs Driveline in Aldergrove yesterday. I've only driven it about 70km so far but I like it!

Driveshaft Shop 1 Piece 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft

The shop commented multiple times on how nice the shaft is. The install apparently couldn't have gone smoother. Driving it, the first thing I notice is that there is absolutely NO vibration. The car seems more "solid" when pressing the pedal. It has eliminated all flex between the transmission and rear end. Fitment with my 3" Kook's pipes doesn't appear to be an issue. There's not too much to say about a product that just works as advertised. I'd highly recommend the shaft. Now I just need to modify the BMR driveshaft loop to extend it 4" aft to contain the driveshaft better... not that I see it failing.

MGW Shifter

I had them install the MGW shifter while the tranny was out for the clutch swap so I can't really comment on how hard of an install it was, as it probably wasn't that bad with the tranny on the floor. Needless to say, it feels amazing. Super short shifts, solid feel, VERY hard to shift into the wrong gear.

Vibration is the same as any short shifter I have ever driven. They all do to some degree. MGW has included so much padding and sound deadening though that it seems less than most others I have driven.

I haven't been given a chance to really beat on it as I'm doing a bit of a break in on the clutch, but soon! As far as I'm concerned the MGW is the only shifter to get.

Monster Level 3 Clutch and Billet Flywheel

Now the controversial one. This clutch seems to have a love hate relationship with a lot of people. There are a lot of bad reviews but there are also a lot of good reviews. It always worries a person when you buy a product and after you buy it, a lot of bad talk about it comes up...

Well, in my opinion, (as of right now, as it's not that old yet), people need to understand what they're getting themselves into with a Monster clutch. These are serious clutches, built for abuse. A lot of abuse. For years. The trade off of being bomb proof is that you can't "baby" it.

If you barely give it any gas and drive like a 90 year old blind woman than yes... it will shutter on you. That's the nature of the material and design. That DOES NOT mean you have to launch at every street light to get it to not do that... just drive normal. Let the clutch out somewhat fast... you don't have to slip it everywhere. Problem solved.

At this moment in time (we'll see as the clutch gets older), I am going to attribute all bad reviews to either lack of good pedal control or something wrong with the install as mine only shutters when I drive like an idiot. Again, that opinion may change as it gets broken in.

The guys at the shop doing the install told me they opened the box, looked at the clutch, and thought I was nuts. But after going for a few test drives after install, they were shocked at how well it did drive for what it is.

I'm going to have to give a review after like 2000+ km, but as of right now... I kinda like it

All in all, at the moment I'm pleased with everything that was done.

Just got word my Pedders FE5 swaybars ZL1 LCA's are here
Glad things went well at Bob's Driveline Service, sounds like your a happy camper. I guess once you do the gear change your coming after Pumpkin.

Yeah a modification to the BMR Driveshast Loop is order, not that we need them. Not required unless you have slicks. Thats up to tech to lay on their belly to check Pumpkin.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:58 AM   #56
Heliwrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
I guess once you do the gear change your coming after Pumpkin.
Maybe on your street tires!

Ya I'm not sure about the loop yet. I'm not too worried about the DSS shaft blowing up anytime soon. I was a bit worried with the stocker.
...and plenty more