Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-09-2015, 03:36 PM   #99
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I love those wheels, anyway, I would be changing them out like I usually do with a New car purchase, something more lightweight and probably Black in color .....
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:38 PM   #100
mcynet

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
All i got to say is love the current wheels on my 1le i don't care if they are black... see the picture ... how are you going to say that's not sexy...

i get stopped by people every time shes out... so obviously others agree.

(OLD CAR)2014 Camaro 1LE, 2SS, NPP Dual Mode Exhaust, K&N Air Filter. E3 Catch Can. z28 Grill, and 1LE Badging
mcynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:42 PM   #101
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcynet View Post
All i got to say is love the current wheels on my 1le i don't care if they are black... see the picture ... how are you going to say that's not sexy...

i get stopped by people every time shes out... so obviously others agree.
In my opinion, the current Camaro looks best on black, so yes, your's look really nice.
DenverTaco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:44 PM   #102
JoeYock

Drives: 2016 BVM 2LT RS V6 Camaro
How can anyone think that this

looks better than this?

Sounds like ECS C6 is just a little stuck in the 90's.
JoeYock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:44 PM   #103
Monte Mac

Drives: 13 1LE, 17 Sierra, 84 MonteSS,
Please stop feeding the TROLL, and keep it clean people. I don't mind the design of the wheels. But everyone has an opinion. Respect it and if you don't agree, don't comment on it. Just let it go.

[B]Ordered 3/8/13
TPW 4/15/13
Built 4/15/13
Bayed 4/18/13
Released from QC HOLD 5/22/13
PERMAGRIN INSTALLED 5/30/13
Monte Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:49 PM   #104
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
I never had Black wheels on any of my cars in the past until my wife said, "I bet your white Camaro would look sharp with Black wheels" and now I have Black wheels on my '13 2LT and Love the looks .......
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 03:54 PM   #105
GearBangr

Drives: 97Z,02TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECS C6 View Post
I have faith in GM engineers. Why don't you?
I have heard that same tired excuse regurgitated before and it annoys me.

Remember, this is the same GM that did a AWD, turbo V6, in a SUV, that ran with Corvettes, and that was 23 years ago !!!!!!

I have faith that GM can do a Camaro SS with a V8 and a AWD option.
Those are nice. Comparable to this guy.

GearBangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:10 PM   #106
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Mac View Post
Please stop feeding the TROLL, and keep it clean people. I don't mind the design of the wheels. But everyone has an opinion. Respect it and if you don't agree, don't comment on it. Just let it go.
Reminds me of a song my toddler loves:

Let it go, let it go
I am one with the wind and sky
Let it go, let it go
You'll never see me cry!

Hehe...you are right though - tough sometimes to do that, hard to let someone put others down, call them uneducated sheep and all....but in the end, better to just ignore it.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:13 PM   #107
DenverTaco07

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr02Z/28 View Post
I never had Black wheels on any of my cars in the past until my wife said, "I bet your white Camaro would look sharp with Black wheels" and now I have Black wheels on my '13 2LT and Love the looks .......
yeah yeah baby.

I think on this car, the Camaro, and others too, that most of the body colors look great with black rims, also the design of the 5th gen black rim is better looking than the upgrade rim (speaking on the ZL1 level), IMO.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:29 PM   #108
DenverTaco07

"The lighter structure also enabled the size and mass of elements such as the wheels, tires and brakes to be scaled accordingly."

Still not sure what this means, scaled in which direction heavier, lighter, bigger...what?

To me, it sort of says, hey, we have a much lighter chassis, we can put 20" rims on without any problem.

bigger brakes too?

or everything is lighter, wheels and brakes too?
Old 04-09-2015, 04:33 PM   #109
GearBangr

Drives: 97Z,02TA
Quote:
The Typhoon was bad ass in it's day. The TBSS never impressed me. Overweight, 4spd slushbox, basic AWD, ugly interior, etc.
I chose a AWD Infiniti sedan over the TBSS.

GM needs to offer a performance focused AWD option for their performance cars.

Truth hurts. You want some cheese with that whine?
Same trans basically as the TY, interior, meh, its fine. Let the the interior decoratoras cry about that. What Infiniti SUV did you get?
GearBangr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:34 PM   #110
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
You mean bigger rotors?

Even though the pad surface area is the same, you can gain better braking performance by moving the calipers farther out from the center point of the rotor.
Yeah I was thinking pad surface area but I completely forgot about that. Seems like they went that route then with larger rotors. That could also increase cooling right?
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 04:34 PM   #111
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Quote:
Then, GM will continue to lose sales to the competition, specifically the imports, and our economy will continue to suffer due to this foolish decision making and lack of intelligence regarding AWD.
1/ "Ricing"? Maybe, so what? As long as people are happy with their cars, what's the problem? You can be happy with a "riced" Nissan, Honda, Chevrolet or anything you want, I don't see it as a problem as long as the owner is happy.
Even some people are happy with owning Mustangs!
Ricing, which I don't like, is not evil by itself. Only in your eyes.

I don't like Japanese sports cars, but I do own a black 1LE. With black rims. And actually, now I wonder why people don't make their rims match their body color! I wouldn't have thought this way before, but now think it's an absolute nonsense to have aluminium colored rims on a car that is not grey ...
I mean, like if you were wearing green shoes with a black suit!

2/ AWD Camaro?
Well, I think you're not knocking on the right door ... AWD can be useful (offroad) or more secure (snow, mountains ...). Here, we're talking about a Pony car, ie, as of now, a "old school" sports car.

I mean, you can think the Camaro should have AWD, sequential gearbox, and KERS/additionnal electrical engines and so on... well, you might even have good reasons for that ... still it won't be a Camaro anymore. It would'nt have its heritage, its DNA, nor its price!

Besides, Camaros are heavy enough ... don't add more weight ...

3/ Not directed at you but funny how Mustang forum are talking (a lot!) about the new Camaro! Looks like they're talking more about the Camaro than we do. These guys are pretty scared ...
Old 04-09-2015, 04:43 PM   #112
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
"The lighter structure also enabled the size and mass of elements such as the wheels, tires and brakes to be scaled accordingly."

Still not sure what this means, scaled in which direction heavier, lighter, bigger...what?

To me, it sort of says, hey, we have a much lighter chassis, we can put 20" rims on without any problem.

bigger brakes too?

or everything is lighter, wheels and brakes too?

My opinion is it would definitely mean smaller lighter wheels, not bigger or heavier. If it is "scaled", it means "to scale" which means proportionally sized to a fixed ratio. Like when you build a "scale" model (which usually has the scale ratio printed on the box).

I think we are getting 19" rims on the SS. I'm okay with that, if it increases performance by reducing rotational mass and unsprung weight. Can't wait to find out!
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote