Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 01-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #617
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Oh not sure if understood him correctly , why don't we ask the J man himself.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #618
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
Hey buddy i just got back from Dubai and was going through your thread , i can't imagine the feelings you're goinn through for the loss of your best buddy as i never lost someone this close but like he said always smile and enjoy your life and i'm sure he's watching you proudly from above ,be strong bro and god bless his soul.
can't wait to see your car tuesday don't forget to post some vids asap as i depleted all my popcorn stock and i got nothinn to munch on .

Glad you're back buddy, it was kind of quiet without you round these parts.... Appreciate the kind words, and yes, it's been a rough 6 months since losing Timmy. In the thousands of hours we spent together over the years, I can remember him saying that when it was his turn he wanted to go in his sleep, and that's the only thing I'm grateful for is that the Big Man upstairs answered his wishes. But I'd still give anything to have him here with me. We should all be so lucky! You'll be excited to see there's video below, hot off the presses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonardo View Post
John my brotha, if your friend loved the car as much as you then do you really think he's going to be upstairs just watching you have all the fun ? hell no ! hes right next to you everytime you ride the beast
Thanks Leo, as I said before you & Dizzy were the first 2 to know and I appreciate you giving me all your support back at the end of July. Not really knowing anyone out here in Cali, and having you guys being so supportive kind of cut the edge so to speak, cause I really felt like I had no one. I'll always appreciate it brotha!

Quote:
and he's gonna be so pissed when he knows you're selling it for a C7.

Now, now P I never said I'd be selling the ZLX, I just wanted to make sure I got an allocation for the Vette and I did. Now they won't be released until about September, so I'll have some time to think about what I want to do. I won't sell the Tahoe cause I'm getting some sick work done to it, and will always need a surfboard hauler and I just love my lifted Hoe Most likely I'm going to look for a place with a bigger garage that will be filled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickasswelch69 View Post
YES! Thank you bro! And J, That got me all watered up, really hit home... I know EXACTLY what you went through bro. I lost both of my parents to their drug addiction before the age of 14. Thats kind of why I wanted to do all of these mods when I get the car. My dad LOVED the F bodies. Trust me, id love to slap the ever living crap outta em right now. My dad passed when i was about 6, and my mom in october of 07. But brotha! We gotta stay strong. For their sake! They sure as hell don't like seeing us weak and broken down! RIP . You're sorely missed here brotha! Thanks for your service to our beloved country!
Lil' Bro, thanks for the PM, I was going to hit you back shortly and I see you've dealt with your share of hardships as well. That's why you have such a good head on your shoulders I guess. My bro, Timmy lost both his parents as well by the time he was 5, not the same way as you, but growing up without parents must've really been hard on you, but you're one strong mofo!! That's one of the reasons Timmy was like my brother, cause he didn't have parents and was raised by his grandmother, so my family kind of took him in and we made him our honorary Italian family member, as Italian families do, we welcomed him with open arms and he rarely missed a Sunday dinner.

Quote:
whatttttttttttttttttttt I didnt know that I thought John was planning on keeping the maro AND buying the C7
You're probably correct brotha, unless I get a great offer for the whip and I may sample the waters, but as they say money talks & bullshit walks. I've had a few people interested in it, but I'm not going to give it away. I was going through all my receipts the other day for an interested party and it was pretty shocking what I have into this car
So like I said, I just wanted to make sure I'd be able to get one of the first C7s and having a buddy that owns a dealership in NJ, made that happen. So I have about 6-7 months to figure out what I want to do.

Quote:
Oh not sure if understood him correctly , why don't we ask the J man himself.
Well all the questions should be answered by now....I still don't know WTF I'm going to do But I do know this....Here's video!!!!

Just got this sent from Cunningham Motorsports, last week we did some dyno runs and Ryne had it in the high 690s RWHP, but after test driving it he wanted to tone it down a bit and make it a bit more manageable for the street. It was just a little too much and right where it's out now is extremely safe for all engine parts, and it's got an awesome power curve straight across the board. I really have no plans to officially track or race it (just outlaw races ) and if I want to throw drag slicks on it we can always upload the other tune. But I'm real happy with where we are with the car and after a street test tomorrow, I'll have it Wednesday. He just wants to fine tune the suspension. As it stands now it's more HP than a ZL1 (by about 200 ) & more than a Vette ZR1 and equal to many quarter million dollar cars, so not bad for American Muscle!!

So turn your speakers up & enjoy!

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:22 AM   #619
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

Drives: 1991 Mazda B2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Lil' Bro, thanks for the PM, I was going to hit you back shortly and I see you've dealt with your share of hardships as well. That's why you have such a good head on your shoulders I guess. My bro, Timmy lost both his parents as well by the time he was 5, not the same way as you, but growing up without parents must've really been hard on you, but you're one strong mofo!! That's one of the reasons Timmy was like my brother, cause he didn't have parents and was raised by his grandmother, so my family kind of took him in and we made him our honorary Italian family member, as Italian families do, we welcomed him with open arms and he rarely missed a Sunday dinner.
J, We're all here for ya Bro! I choose to not be the sorry sap just because my parents died. Hell no! I'm going to show the world just exactly what I'm made of! My aunt and uncle are great, But i dont like living like a damn king. I perfer making history the hard way. And And that Italian sunday dinner sounds awesome!!! hahaha i need some Italian recipes in my cookbook! My apartment stove has only seen hamburger helper and scorched flank steak. ( i tried searing it..)
kickasswelch69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 07:21 PM   #620
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

Haha i showed a friend your car here at tri tech, and hes all like " an STI would destroy that!" -James Sapp
Dumbasses sometimes man! 700 hp would EAT that STI!
Old 01-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #621
leonardo
SoCal HT5 [COTW 11/24/13]

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS / Ducati 1198s
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickasswelch69 View Post
Haha i showed a friend your car here at tri tech, and hes all like " an STI would destroy that!" -James Sapp
Dumbasses sometimes man! 700 hp would EAT that STI!
I hope you slapped your friend on the neck when he said that
Old 01-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #622
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Ricers gonna hate , man your car is a monster no matter what anyone says , best super car I've ever seen in every aspect , enjoy your ride my freind and stay safe .
Old 01-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #623
SolomonAKOO

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
finally the video we've all been waiting for!! And I'm not disappointed at all! Congrats bro that's one hell of a Camaro!
Old 01-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #624
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
Congrats John! It sounds, looks, and performs amazing. Great job my friend!
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #625
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
kronix that sounds really ricer like. Shoulda got a v8 man...
Old 01-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #626
Behic2320
SoCal HT5 COTW 4/21/13

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Blown & Cammed LS3
Holy crap man now that's a car
Old 01-31-2013, 10:08 AM   #627
kickasswelch69
Future Underwater Welder

Quote:
I hope you slapped your friend on the neck when he said that
Even better Leo! I dumped him in the garbage can butt first! You know, the big round school garbage cans on wheels? Yeah, those! hahaha whaterever was in there sure stank like hell! And so did he!
Old 02-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #628
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
You can get an allocation. Hopefully you're dealer still has some left. I got mine a while back so I know I'll be one of the first.. Still no date to order though. Gd luck.
I know people will be shocked but I actually think you have more of a head turner with the Camaro. The Vette is nice, but you have a smoken Camaro...Right now the Vettes are hard to get, but wont be so later down the road. Not many camaro's around modified to yours. Keep both if you can then win win.
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 09:55 PM   #629
StephenS_84
Account Suspended

Very interesting.
StephenS_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:49 AM   #630
SolomonAKOO

WOW thats awesome J!! Im glad that all that time and effort that has been put into SSYNSTR has finally paid off big time! And i know it will only get better from here on out! Especially with the heart and enthusiasm you put into your car! once again congratulations and keep up the work, i cant wait to see how far you can take this Camaro!

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx