Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 08-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #4005
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahseenmahmood View Post
yup ill get over it soon.. could have got a SC instead.. i dint have any one to tell me how to deal with dealership.. this is my 1st car
Its ok. My first car was a Hyundai...i learned my lesson hard We all make mistakes.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #4006
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Quote:
Their is a diffrence with 2LT and 1LT their is no leather in 1LT i think 2LT comes upto 30k i also had the USB package thing in the console.. not sure what its called.. so basically i payed 4-5 k more than what i was supposed to i guess
It also depends on the market where you buy the car. That may not be terribly far off now that I think about it. They probably got 20 for trade in. You probably paid close or slightly above market value. Don't sweat it. Make up the difference by paying lower premiums
Old 08-31-2012, 11:08 AM   #4007
Swacer

Quote:
i saw this on craigslist.! 500 for slightly used headers for v8.. if it was for v6 i would have got it.. if some one with a v8 is interested check it out..
http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/ptd/3177300690.html
Price is decent, but its not including the cat. Also doesn't say anything about the gaskets and nuts and bolts and there are no pictures. I usually avoid things if there are no pictures.

And personally, I don't like second hand stuff. And before someone jumps me, I'm not meaning used cars, I'm just saying second hand parts and such because you never know how they cared for it.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:12 AM   #4008
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

Drives: Camaro 2LT
he might have all that stuff you mentioned.. just email and he might send a few pics.. and a cheaper price.. its always to make up your mind to get 2nd hand stuff slightly used to pay for the same thing with twice the price..IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
Price is decent, but its not including the cat. Also doesn't say anything about the gaskets and nuts and bolts and there are no pictures. I usually avoid things if there are no pictures.

And personally, I don't like second hand stuff. And before someone jumps me, I'm not meaning used cars, I'm just saying second hand parts and such because you never know how they cared for it.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:13 AM   #4009
Swacer

Quote:
he might have all that stuff you mentioned.. just email and he might send a few pics.. and a cheaper price.. its always to make up your mind to get 2nd hand stuff slightly used to pay for the same thing with twice the price..IMO
Perhaps, I've just always had bad luck with getting parts and stuff second hand. But I am not in the market for them at the second. I have a 4 legged friend to purchase in 2 weeks.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:13 AM   #4010
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

Yeh i pay about 2000 every month.. 4k left on it.. after that im getting the razzi kit and lambo doors.!! LOL
dont judge me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
It also depends on the market where you buy the car. That may not be terribly far off now that I think about it. They probably got 20 for trade in. You probably paid close or slightly above market value. Don't sweat it. Make up the difference by paying lower premiums
Old 08-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #4011
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Quote:
Yeh i pay about 2000 every month.. 4k left on it.. after that im getting the razzi kit and lambo doors.!! LOL
dont judge me
That's awesome. Pay that sucker off and start putting that money into retirement savings!

No on the Lambo doors.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:32 AM   #4012
Seer

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post

Who cares about the cats and your stock exhaust gasket is almost always the best.
Seer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:34 AM   #4013
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

haha i need to get married and buy a house 1st before i can think of getting retired.. but i do want to retire when im about 45-50

Quote:
That's awesome. Pay that sucker off and start putting that money into retirement savings!

No on the Lambo doors.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #4014
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

hey guys sorry for asking too many questions today.. but does any one know the name of that part which is painted green on the engine.? and also why are their 2 airintakes in wierd positions.. never seen that setup
and how much should i be paying some one to paint it professinally without removing it from the entire engine.. or should i just try it myself.. screwed up on the engine cover last time so im not confident..
Old 08-31-2012, 11:37 AM   #4015
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Quote:
haha i need to get married and buy a house 1st before i can think of getting retired.. but i do want to retire when im about 45-50
That thinking is so wrong you cant even comprehend how wrong it is. It is never to early to start saving but it sure as hell can be to late. I was just your age last week it seems. You can get married and buy a house anytime.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #4016
Swacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
Who cares about the cats and your stock exhaust gasket is almost always the best.
I want to put a high flow with the headers.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:38 AM   #4017
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

sure.. i understand.. i think i might get married next year and will start saving for retirment/house immediatley just a lil bit every month

Quote:
That thinking is so wrong you cant even comprehend how wrong it is. It is never to early to start saving but it sure as hell can be to late. I was just your age last week it seems. You can get married and buy a house anytime.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:44 AM   #4018
Trav2SS
MTMTEYE

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Ive been aware of some 5th camaro owners trying to trade in cars from 500 45th to a few thousand miles ZL1 and its not a pretty site. Many Dealers dont want them lol unless they give u that d*$& lol just a warning

Aftermarket bolt on parts and tune.. 434hp/395tq
Daily Driver.
Trav2SS is offline   Reply With Quote