Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 10-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #4649
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I think the LSA is plenty strong enough for its stock trim. They don't build the cars to be modified...especially the Cadillacs.
Old 10-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #4650
Seer

Drives: 2015 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS3DALE View Post
Sorry,nothing but GM for me!
I'll never buy a GM again, as they do not stand behind their products. I've had two lemon'd and it's a shame because I love Corvettes.

I'm just saddened that comes with the government hand out, comes government quality.

GM: You can have any vehicle you want as a replacement, we will either refund you the difference or you pay the difference depending on lesser or greater value.
Me: Ok, I'll take XXXX
GM: Oh no, you can't have that vehicle though.

Mind you, this is after fighting with them for 6 months each time after they state there is nothing wrong with the vehicles but then end up finding out there is an issue after an engineer evaluates the issue twice. I am not saying other companies are without fault nor is this a GM bashing, but I have had horrible experiences with them. I don't think they make bad cars, but I feel they make horrible decisions as a company and for someone to be flat out brand loyal to a company is odd in my opinion.

If Company A makes a better product than Company B, then who cares what label is on the product.
Seer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #4651
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo-9 View Post
I think the LSA is plenty strong enough for its stock trim. They don't build the cars to be modified...especially the Cadillacs.
So you're saying the ZL1/CTS-V are not for those who like to modify and make their cars go fast?
Old 10-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #4652
Gman5001

Drives: 1lt crystal red metallic
You guys should have came to the car show we had cars and coffee show up with 2 Lamborghinis and a lfa
Hopefully we have another one in the spring
Gman5001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #4653
Rhyno81

Drives: Summit White 2012 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman5001 View Post
You guys should have came to the car show we had cars and coffee show up with 2 Lamborghinis and a lfa
Hopefully we have another one in the spring
It was nice to meet ya. I cant agree more, there were not enough camaros or any american cars for that matter lol
-TSP 1 7/8" long tubes with high flow cats
-Muffler Delete
-Matte Black Powdercoated 20"SS Wheels (General GMax Tires)
-BMR Strut Brace
-ZL1 Swapped front end

Rhyno81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #4654
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
So you're saying the ZL1/CTS-V are not for those who like to modify and make their cars go fast?
No, I'm saying that GM doesn't build the cars with the intention of having the owners modify them. They engineer them to a certain level and warranty at said level. Of course, performance-minded individuals are going to modify them...my point is that GM doesn't engineer for that. Or at least not with the LSA.

It's cool that Ford built a platform with the foundation for cranking up the boost...I just don't like Mustangs...or any Ford product, for that matter. That's just me...YMMV.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:18 PM   #4655
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilo-9 View Post
No, I'm saying that GM doesn't build the cars with the intention of having the owners modify them. They engineer them to a certain level and warranty at said level. Of course, performance-minded individuals are going to modify them...my point is that GM doesn't engineer for that. Or at least not with the LSA.

It's cool that Ford built a platform with the foundation for cranking up the boost...I just don't like Mustangs...or any Ford product, for that matter. That's just me...YMMV.
why?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #4656
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Since 2004, I've logged more miles in Ford products than all of my GM vehicles combined. My last two "company cars" have been Explorers. I'm not impressed. Couple that with the fact that I was raised on GM...it's all my dad has ever owned and all that I have ever owned. Maybe brand loyalty is stupid as you say, but it's my choice. I like GM styling and have never had any real problems with any of the GM vehicles I've owned. The only way I'd ever own a Ford would be if they were the last American automobile available. Again, this is my choice for my reasons. Are they the right reasons? That's subject to opinion.

I'd also like to add that I don't harbor any ill will toward you or anyone else for liking Ford. Your GT500 is a fine-looking and badass machine!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:40 AM   #4657
Seer

And I thought I was an elitist
Old 10-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #4658
badazss
SS-500HP

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RJT
Send a message via AIM to badazss Send a message via Yahoo to badazss
fight nice boys its all in fun
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103089
badazss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #4659
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

I'm not fighting at all...I find this to be an interesting conversation.

Not sure I understand the elitist comment, though.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #4660
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

Drives: Camaros
I don't see how being brand-loyal in the automotive world is any different than being loyal to one's favorite sports team. People may find comfort or pride in whatever and they choose to stick with it.

I have nothing against any car company. I like and appreciate Fords, Hondas, and even what those pesky Korean's are doing with Hyundai/Kia. However, I find contentment, familiarity (or whatever other noun) in Chevrolet and GM. It's not that I dislike any other brand; rather, it's that I like GM more. Simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPaz View Post
Old chant in the Pitt fight song.
Go Orange.
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #4661
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Drives: 2016 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
I don't see how being brand-loyal in the automotive world is any different than being loyal to one's favorite sports team. People may find comfort or pride in whatever and they choose to stick with it.

I have nothing against any car company. I like and appreciate Fords, Hondas, and even what those pesky Korean's are doing with Hyundai/Kia. However, I find contentment, familiarity (or whatever other noun) in Chevrolet and GM. It's not that I dislike any other brand; rather, it's that I like GM more. Simple as that.
Well put. I know for me, personally, my family has always been a GM family. My uncle worked for GM, so we've always felt good about supporting them. My uncle passed in 2000, and GM has gone out of their way to help my family since then. The least I can do is support a company that supported my family. The bonus is that I actually favor their products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Go Orange.
I know, I know. This team just loves to punish their few faithful fans. Way to go with Northwestern though. That was a pretty big win.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #4662
demonspeed
not afraid of the wall

Drives: Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPaz View Post
I know, I know. This team just loves to punish their few faithful fans. Way to go with Northwestern though. That was a pretty big win.
I know how it feels losing with a 1-point deficit.

Anyone in your Pitt faction missing Dave Wannstedt?
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote