Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-24-2009, 01:09 PM   #1
truck21
Missing my 68 RS now

Drives: 2007 F-150, 2006 Jetta TDI
A Tale of Two Dealers and who we ordered from

Yesterday we ordered a Rally Yellow 2LT/RS Auto with Hockey stripes from a dealer here in the Charleston, SC area. I have talked online or email with about 10 dealers in this area and in person with three.

Yesterday I went to Rick Hendrick in Charleston since they had a Yellow 2LT and my wife wanted pictures of it (wife is out of state for college) and I wanted to look at it/ drive it. I talked to the salesman and looked at the car. I was told I couldn't drive the car due to the level of business there looking at it. Understandable, since it was their only Camaro. Then we started talking numbers. Seven grand on the top, no negotiation at all. It's a 2LT non RS, auto with sunroof for $34k. Then we talked ordering since we want an RS. He said if we paid the extra markup we could be put in a preorder slot and get our car in 12 weeks. Total for our 2LT/RS auto with stripes was $36k. Otherwise "You might have to wait until after the New Year since we don't know how many of these cars GM is making." I told him we weren't going to pay the extra and he agreed it would be better just to wait until after the markup stopped. He wasn't a big fan of the markup, but what the boss says goes.

So I went back out to a dealer down the road, Marchant Chevrolet that I had price out the car we wanted a week earlier. I talked with the salesman and his Sales Manager and ordered the car in about 15 minutes. We're #2 in the V6 line there since all the others above us are V8. There was no markup and we got the car for about $500 over invoice total. They were very upfront about the possible wait time due to shifting the production lines (knew that already thanks to this forum) and said any rebates, etc available at delivery would be honored. No pressure and the best thing was my salesman, Verne Black and his sales manager Ray Peterson remembered my name and the car I wanted. It's service in this manner that made Chevrolet one of the best brands of car to have. We're paying $29,541 for the exact same car.
We're happy with or decision to get our Camaro and with our dealer. Our story goes to show that the consumer has the ultimate say in who gets their business.

Remember YOU have the power to decide if someone has the right to EARN your business. Just because he has a car doesn't mean you have to buy it. To all the good dealers and salesmen out there, and I know most of you are on this forum, thank you for treating your customers with the respect we all deserve. And to the dealers/ salesmen who are dropping markups onto agreed upon price cars, shame on you. Would you like your mother, father, sister or brother to have that happen to them? Your honor and integrity should be worth more to you than a few dollars. They surely are to me.
Changed 5/30/09
ABM 2LT/RS with CGM Hood/Hockey Stripes (The color I wanted in the first place)
truck21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
BL202
Seek and Destroy ricers

Drives: 2010 1ss, A6, IBM, RS pkg
Nice story. Glad you found a good dealer.
3300, Order scheduled for production???
3400, Order broadcast 06/01/09
3800, Order produced 06/10/09 Vin: 2g1fj1ej1a9116578
4200, Shipped ???
4300, Intermediate Delivery ???
4B00, Bayed ???
5000, Delivered to the dealer 06/22/09
6000, Delivered to the customer 06/23/09
BL202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #3
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Very nice story. Little footwork saved you 4 grand plus interest on it.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
Jim Thompson
Thornton Chevrolet

Drives: Golf Cart
gotta love the happy ending! congrats on finding the honest folks and I hope the rest of your production and delivery go as smooth
Jim Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote