Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 09-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #267
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Dealership- Champion Chevrolet Johnson City, Tn
Why? Could you give some details of the service work you had done?
Old 09-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #268
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Why? Could you give some details of the service work you had done?
Sorry I was updating it as you posted
Old 09-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #269
Danien

Drives: Camaro 1LT/RS
Great Dealership - Criswell Chevrolet

I purchased my first Camaro back in 2011 from Criswell after having some bad experiences being judged because of my age from local dealers. Negotiations were simple and not stressful at all especially considering it was my first car buying experience.

Just went in a week and a half ago to test drive both and L99 and LS3(Upgrading to a V8 ) to make my decision about what I wanted to order for my 2014 and it was so painless and quick I think I spent more time talking about cars with my salesman and Father than it took to finish the test drives and place the order.

Service department is always top notch also!
Old 09-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #270
MrPadre19

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP - White
I'm a brand new member of this board........and a proud new Owner of a 2013 2SS 1LE NPP in Summit White.

I am also the Service Manager at Bennett Chevrolet-Buick in Kingsland,Ga.
Just wanted to let everyone know you have a friend in S.E. Georgia if you are ever in the area and need help.
I have been with GM for over 30 years and Service Manager for more than half that time.
If you find yourself anywhere between Jacvksonville Fl and Savannah Ga(we are just 2 miles off of I-95 at the Fl/Ga border) and need anything at all.....just look us up and I promise to personally make sure you are taken care of like a Camaro Owner should be.
Thanks....and I'm looking forward to being a part of this Forum.
Mr.P.
MrPadre19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #271
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPadre19 View Post
I'm a brand new member of this board........and a proud new Owner of a 2013 2SS 1LE NPP in Summit White.

I am also the Service Manager at Bennett Chevrolet-Buick in Kingsland,Ga.
Just wanted to let everyone know you have a friend in S.E. Georgia if you are ever in the area and need help.
I have been with GM for over 30 years and Service Manager for more than half that time.
If you find yourself anywhere between Jacvksonville Fl and Savannah Ga(we are just 2 miles off of I-95 at the Fl/Ga border) and need anything at all.....just look us up and I promise to personally make sure you are taken care of like a Camaro Owner should be.
Thanks....and I'm looking forward to being a part of this Forum.
Mr.P.
Well hopefully some other members will comment about your dealership.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:45 AM   #272
mliebs

Drives: 2022 ZL1
Dealership: Autonation: Highway 6 Houston TX.
Salesman: Very helpful and straight forward
Finance: Quick, easy, and not trying to sell me anything I didn't want
Body Shop: They painted stripes on my new 2013 SS and the work was extremely impressive. I'm very picky when it comes to paint and the guy that did the work was a very talented painter.

Everybody at work jokes about how hard I am to please and how nothing is ever perfect enough for me. When it's time to buy another car I'll definately be going back to Autonation on Highway 6.
mliebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:35 PM   #273
H8S FORD
Head Ford Harasser

Drives: '10 IOM 2SS/RS LS3
Dealership- Performance Chevrolet Sacramento, Ca. Great guys, always upfront about repairs and always honest. They reduce pricing on items all the time when it's major work and/or repeat business. They will tell you to try and find something in other places (ie amazon, forums, etc) and bring it to them to install if its cheaper to go aftermarket than stock.

Stealership- Kuni Cadillac Chevrolet Sacramento, Ca. Didn't have two keys when I bought my Camaro- sales staff had lost one. Sales contract stated they owed me another key. Went in three weeks after purchase, because I was working out of town the week prior when the key came in. When I got there, they tried to tell me that I had to purchase the key and pay the $90 to have it programmed. Fortunately I had my sales contract with me, so I took my key and programmed it myself in front of the service manager to prove to him it wasn't rocket science. Will NEVER go back there.
H8S FORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:39 AM   #274
beebumble
Be humble or buzz off

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 RY
Have not had to deal with Chevy dealers locally until now so I will update if things change for the better or not...

Peterson Chevrolet - Boise Idaho - Stood waiting in parts for 20 minutes to ask a simple question, no one else around, guy was on and off the phone several times... Later I called and asked service department to schedule and price trans and diff oil changes he said he would call me back... no call back yet.

With the above results I called another local dealer...

Edmark Chevrolet - Nampa Idaho - So far the service manager told me that they do not check and update the ECM unless you have a complaint. I do not like that one bit. When I asked to schedule and price trans and diff oil changes he said he would call me back... no call back yet.
Update: Just went over to the dealer and had them change my trans/diff oil, estimated 170 and charged me 240. Nice enough people but they screwed up the job a little and I had to go back after telling them they screwed up http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...87#post6994287

So far both get Stealership awards from me.

I will update if anything changes, hopefully I can find a good dealer in Dallas area when I move.

Last edited by beebumble; 09-11-2013 at 07:19 AM.
beebumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #275
ThingFish

Drives: Black 2012 LS M6
Took my car into Westphal Chevrolet in Oswego, IL to get the factory radio updated so the PDIM I installed would work. At first, they had no idea what I was talking about, but I patiently explained what it was and they agreed to give it a go. Even though it ended up taking almost three hours, they only charged me for half an hour. I'd have no problem taking my car back there for service. They were great.
ThingFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #276
silver96camaro

Drives: 2011 cyber grey metallic camaro ls
Send a message via Yahoo to silver96camaro
stealership: JN Chevy Honolulu, Hi
sales rep lied about the features the car had and made stuff up. financing department promised an interest rate then gave me something higher and tried to bury in paperwork, service department is terrible. too many things to list but here are some highlights: wrong oil, scratches in paint after washing the car specifically after i asked them not to wash it, they don't double check their work as evidenced by the steering wheel controls they said they programmed that didn't work at all then tried to tell me it was impossible to do because my car wasn't originally built with it.

neutral dealership: Cutter Chevy Honolulu, Hi
i've been hit or miss with them. they seem to offer great service up front but when you examine things closer they really half ass every thing. service department is incompetent but they try to make up for it. although i once had a problem and service manager wouldn't even hear me out. sales department kept me for 6 hours on easter sunday when i stopped in to ask a few questions about possibly upgrading from my '11 ls to a 13' ss

Good Dealership: Servco Chevy Waipahu, HI
i've had nothing but good experiences here. i got my onstar bluetooth module programmed here. the only bad thing i can say is they push for the unnecessary extras but they do quickly accept no for an answer.

Last edited by silver96camaro; 09-19-2013 at 03:57 PM.
silver96camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:32 PM   #277
2011 SS

Drives: 2011 SS M6, LT's, CAI, SLP LM II's.
Dealership Jim Glover Chevrolet - Tulsa, OK- Always have wonderful experiences with service department. They have a great team and I am always happy to go there.

Stealership - South Pointe Chevrolet - Tulsa, Ok - Pushy sales team, wouldn't replace a brake light bulb because my headers caused it? When I was looking for a Camaro they tried to sell me a 2010 35,000 with no options and 12000 miles.
2011 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #278
steph09

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Dealership: Hall Chevrolet (Western Branch) Chesapeake, Virginia
Old 09-27-2013, 11:05 AM   #279
stmbtwilli

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS
I have a big thumbs up for service advisor Chris Hayes and the service department at Burdick Chevrolet in Cicero NY.

When I took my car in for warranty work I was more concerned about how my car would be cared for than for how it would be repaired. Chris listened and agreed that it would be handled by technicians wearing gloves. Not only that but it would not be left where car doors could be opened into it or where people would be leaning on it or touching it. I may sound a little anal here but who on Camaro5 wants their car to be damaged while in for repairs. I know a number of owners who hate taking their car to a dealer. All was perfect though as my car was returned in the same shape as when I dropped it off.

As far as the work goes, I had the clutch fluid, the M6 tramsission fluid and the oil changed. When explaining to Chris that during cold weather my clutch pedal does not fully return he found the TSB for replacement of the clutch pedal assembly and clutch actuator cylinder hose and they did this warranty work as well. Now my clutch action is back to normal.

I also want to thank technician Steve Delcostello for his care when replacing all these fluids as there were no drips or splatters anywhere.

Please put this dealership and its employees on the GOOD list.

Last edited by stmbtwilli; 09-27-2013 at 04:51 PM.
stmbtwilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #280
StealthZL1

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I'm at Findlay Chevrolet in Las Vegas getting my very first service for my 2013 ZL1. We'll see what category they end up in.
StealthZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote