Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-14-2014, 11:19 AM   #113
CyberG11

Drives: 2011 V6 Cyber Gray
First you need new friends. They obviously don't appreciate the car.
Second I am not a dodge or ford guy but, however I do have aprecation for those cars the just are not for me that is all.
Your friends need to learn how to apriciate cars other than there's.... I don't see them building a car that everyone else wants.

I would do like they say in the restaurant world 86 them.
Tinted windows, RX catch can, MRT 2 Exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Trifecta Tune, Plastic dipped rims, foot well lighting, upgraded DRL, Ghosted side markers, LED interior and trunk lights, Painted calipers, Heads up display, Ported Throttle body, Air scoop, washer bottle relocation kit, Dynamat, amp and subs, Vitesse Throttle controller.

Up next Hex vents, Long tube headers, suspension, brake upgrade.
CyberG11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:22 AM   #114
Ringo64
Forever Pontiac

Drives: 2012 Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
You must not be aware of the long standing joke. Sift through the General Discussion forum and I'm sure that you will find comedy gold when searching for "no one will wave at me".

Am aware of this and still don't understand why people get all pissy pants when someone doesn't wave
Ringo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:25 AM   #115
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Got nothing to add, where is the handle to flush this thread?
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:36 AM   #116
RubberChicken

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesN7 View Post
I recently got a 2012 SS Camaro and it came with borlan exhaust and Volant intake. Well I showed it to my friends and they call my car a cuntmaro or a slowmaro and other dumb names.. and how every chevy should have slow on all the vehicles or something like that.. why do they hate on my car? I have always loved these cars and they just can't be happy for me.. I had a 2011 RS camaro and I traded it in for this one and I am just happy I got the car I've always wanted. But they always find something bad to say about it. . And my friends own dodges or ford, I am the only person in my whole group of friends to have a chevy and they all talk bad about it.. I never talk bad about their cars, I always am happy for them they got the car they wanted but they can't do the same for me.. why?..
They are jealous. Get new friends who build you up rather than tear you down.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #117
CamaroBC

Drives: Cyber Grey 2LT RS Coupe
Because bro, you unknowingly by buying a cameo entered a tribal war. I mean SHOCKING NEWS!!! Not everyone who purchases cars are complete gear heads, sometimes people buy cars because they like them. I know it's so shocking to most of the camaro community. But it's true. Sometimes you will get camaro owners that don't have this built in hatred for other cars, or don't know or care about the car wars that are going. I don't. So yes these mustang people and charger people are going to totally spaz on you but that's ok man, it's part of some peoples realities. Just be happy you have one, and know they are threatened by it.
CamaroBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:54 AM   #118
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Some of the best insight I ever got was when an old time Mopar guy called my car a POS. Then he said, "You know they are all POS right. They all break at the worst possible times, some more than others but they will all piss you off."

Cars are more reliable now, but they come and go and I try not to fall in love with them. Wife will tell you different, but I swear I try.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:55 PM   #119
6 gun

Drives: 2010 ss 6 gear
.... fight back
6 gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:16 PM   #120
nickster127
Black 2014 Camaro 1LT RS

Drives: 2014 1LT Black,NPP, RS, Tints
There are a couple reasons for this.
1) maybe your friends jealous you got a cool muscle car and they cant afford their own car
2) cause they are mustang fans
3) they like foreign cars
4) they are not really your friends
Old 08-15-2014, 02:15 PM   #121
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroCracka View Post
Some of the best insight I ever got was when an old time Mopar guy called my car a POS. Then he said, "You know they are all POS right. They all break at the worst possible times, some more than others but they will all piss you off."

Cars are more reliable now, but they come and go and I try not to fall in love with them. Wife will tell you different, but I swear I try.
Mopar guys usually are very brand loyal so its no wonder.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:41 PM   #122
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
I was driving a Mopar at the time. Admittedly no beauty queen, but quick (and a bit dangerous). Looking back, compared to his cars, mine was a POS. But, he was just trying to teach me about the realities of hot rodding and racing.

He and his friends broke their cars all the time at the track. It was all part of the game. No such thing as 900hp daily driver back then.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:48 PM   #123
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo64 View Post
Am aware of this and still don't understand why people get all pissy pants when someone doesn't wave
lol.....pissy pants
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:38 AM   #124
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
More importantly WHY DO YOU GIVE A S*** what they think about YOUR car? Did you buy it for them or just buy it to get attention?

If you like the car, enjoy the car and do not give them a second thought, life is to short to worry about impressing other people, besides that will never make you happy, you will spend all your time worrying about why others do not like your car.......

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Fiftydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:44 AM   #125
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesN7 View Post
I recently got a 2012 SS Camaro and it came with borlan exhaust and Volant intake. Well I showed it to my friends and they call my car a cuntmaro or a slowmaro and other dumb names.. and how every chevy should have slow on all the vehicles or something like that.. why do they hate on my car? I have always loved these cars and they just can't be happy for me.. I had a 2011 RS camaro and I traded it in for this one and I am just happy I got the car I've always wanted. But they always find something bad to say about it. . And my friends own dodges or ford, I am the only person in my whole group of friends to have a chevy and they all talk bad about it.. I never talk bad about their cars, I always am happy for them they got the car they wanted but they can't do the same for me.. why?..
They are only giving you a hard time , just because they have a different car
If they keep on going with that shit , I would tell them , to ,,,,off , and go and ,,,,,,yourself
They would have to make the decision , not you .
Or you can just punch one in the nose ,in front off the others
Then wait and see what they come up with
And after a few beers , it will be all good , and that BS. will be gone
That's the way things work , still .
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:41 PM   #126
bournecain
Learning D Ropes of Life

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by homewrecker View Post
Time to find new friends man! Why would you hang around people with such low self esteem that constantly berates you? Save that till you get married!
Couldn't agree more. Ditch those who berate you.
bournecain is offline   Reply With Quote