Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-10-2015, 01:41 PM   #15
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
You have to remember, the economy REALLY sucked in 2009. They are introducing a new version as the economy is improving. I expect Camaro sales will look better from the introduction of the 6th Gen than they did for the 5th Gen.

Yea, economy must be doing to good . Alot of ppl spending their hard earned money on muscle cars which was supposed to be a doom segment

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
No. Nobody should be. I've been saying since last year Mustang would destroy Camaro in sales this year. It's to be expected in this segment.

Dang , I need to find that post by you. Lol...
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:44 PM   #16
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
Look at what the 5th Gen did with selling over 500K units. Now a new car from the Caddy plant, of course high expectations! I am totally happy with my car and if someone bought one today, I would say Congrats. If they wanted to wait and see what was coming, I couldn't blame them either.

Oh , I agree! Because I'm never giving up my 5th Gen .
Old 04-10-2015, 01:50 PM   #17
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastmf View Post
What are they then? I refer to all the pony cars as muscle cars.

I love when the older guys tell me about how FAST the "real" muscle cars were back in the 70's. Ya.. as fast as my moms kia Optima..
They are what you called them, pony cars. Being a musclecar has nothing to do with how fast they were/are compared to any modern vehicle. I mean, what a sad autotive world we would live in if perfomance had not improved from the 60's/70's until now!
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 01:53 PM   #18
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
They are what you called them, pony cars. Being a musclecar has nothing to do with how fast they were/are compared to any modern vehicle. I mean, what a sad autotive world we would live in if perfomance had not improved from the 60's/70's until now!

Be proud of what the Camaro is, don't try to make it into what it isn't. Cars like the Chevelle and Gran Torino deserve a special place in history and that place doesn't take anything away from the pony cars.
Old 04-10-2015, 01:54 PM   #19
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
That is an old tired discussion, what kind of '67 Camaro do you have?
Old 04-10-2015, 02:00 PM   #20
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post

Be proud of what the Camaro is, don't try to make it into what it isn't. Cars like the Chevelle and Gran Torino deserve a special place in history and that place doesn't take anything away from the pony cars.
Sorry, back then if the car didn't have a V8, in my book, that is not a muscle car. Nova with a 6 cylinder = no muscle car ; a 350hp 350 with 4:10 12 Bolt Posi, 4 speed, traction bars, headers, drop off glass packs = musclecar
Old 04-10-2015, 02:04 PM   #21
fradaj

Drives: RS
I am a bit surprised at the sales of the new Mustang, the numbers are pretty impressive. I have started seeing them on the road more and also took a look online. They are starting to grow on me a little bit. The expectations are that the new Camaro will be an even better car, it will be interesting to see the sales numbers for it when it is released.
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:05 PM   #22
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Sorry, back then if the car didn't have a V8, in my book, that is not a muscle car. Nova with a 6 cylinder = no muscle car ; a 350hp 350 with 4:10 12 Bolt Posi, 4 speed, traction bars, headers, drop off glass packs = musclecar
Yes, but Muscle cars were more than that. They were the family car that dad tinkered with and raced on the weekend. Pony cars were targeted for the younger crowd and highly stylized to appeal to them. Putting a V8 in a car didn't automatically make it a muscle car, but it couldn't be a muscle car without the biggest available V8 (so the Chevelle with a wasn't technically a muscle car). Either way, the muscle car era ended in 1972, so there are no muscle cars today.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:06 PM   #23
fradaj

Drives: RS
Quote:

Big Block = Muscle Car
fradaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 02:09 PM   #24
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Check out the Ford dealer used car inventories and see how many Camaros are being traded to them.
If a majority of the cars traded for a new Mustang were Camaros, I would worry. Otherwise it's probably mostly Mustang Loyalists trading up.

I just checked one of the local Ford dealers, he had one used Camaro, it was a 2010 SS.
The local Chevy dealer has one used Mustang 2011 GT
Old 04-10-2015, 02:11 PM   #25
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Quote:
That is an old tired discussion, what kind of '67 Camaro do you have?
Quote:

Agree with both. And I don't mind ppl calling the V6 a muscle car just like I don't mind ppl calling them a pony car they were more classified and fitted back in the 60's and 70's but not now .
Old 04-10-2015, 02:12 PM   #26
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by fradaj View Post
Big Block = Muscle Car
Had that in my '70 Chevelle SS with a modified 396, TH 400. The motor was welded down with chains at the motor mounts. Black with white stripes, cowl induction. I could put a $100 on the dash and you couldn't grab it = Muscle Car
Old 04-10-2015, 02:17 PM   #27
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Its not just the mustang sales i would be worried about the 2015 challenger is a really good car. They fixed the interior problems now its just what tucks at your heart what you like. Its good times to be a muscle car fan imo.
Old 04-10-2015, 02:19 PM   #28
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Check out the Ford dealer used car inventories and see how many Camaros are being traded to them.
If a majority of the cars traded for a new Mustang were Camaros, I would worry. Otherwise it's probably mostly Mustang Loyalists trading up.

I just checked one of the local Ford dealers, he had one used Camaro, it was a 2010 SS.
Interesting you would note this. The volume Ford dealer in my area is just south of where I live in Murfreesboro, TN and driving by there the other day on my way to an event at MTSU, there were at least five 5th Gen Camaros on their pre-owned lot and another sitting up near the showroom where you might typically see are car being inspected as a trade-in.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote