Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-19-2010, 04:18 PM   #29
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Uh i'm pretty sure hitting a tree would cause more than $1500 in damage...

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #30
Shift

Drives: Me 2001 F150, The wife '11 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylenewman View Post
You do know you can actually get a DUI even if the vehicle isn't moving. The keys just need to be in the ignition.
Shit, in MD you can get a DWI riding a bicycle down your driveway to get the mail.

Drunk driving laws are complete bullshit as they stand right now. I can blow a .08 and still be stone cold sober while someone next to me can be shitfaced at .04

Not to mention you can still go to jail for a DUI at .02
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #31
Shift

Drives: Me 2001 F150, The wife '11 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Wolf View Post
You sound like a real dick.
Yeah, pretty much.

I'm really a decent guy for the most part but at 1am my stupid really shines through from time to time.
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:23 PM   #32
MasterZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylenewman View Post
You do know you can actually get a DUI even if the vehicle isn't moving. The keys just need to be in the ignition.

that is correct..

A good friend of mine thru High School was out one night at a bar and had to many drinks. He knew he was not in any shape to drive home so he climbed up in the passenger side of his truck, cranked the engine, turned on the A/C and radio layed across the seat in the parking lot of the bar and went to sleep. About 30 mins later there was a knock on the window... needless to say he was arrested for a DUI...even when he was trying to do the right thing and not drive..
Old 10-19-2010, 05:24 PM   #33
Kurushio

Drives: 2011 CGM 1LT RS (M6)
Well him hitting a tree seems to be cheaper than me hitting a deer which was closer to 4K in total damages for the repair. Also if you can get arrested for being drunk and having the keys in the ignition what if you have keyless ignition? lol. The nissan altima just needs the fob inside the car to start.
Kurushio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:52 PM   #34
MasterZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurushio View Post
Well him hitting a tree seems to be cheaper than me hitting a deer which was closer to 4K in total damages for the repair. Also if you can get arrested for being drunk and having the keys in the ignition what if you have keyless ignition? lol. The nissan altima just needs the fob inside the car to start.

thats a good question....
Old 10-19-2010, 05:59 PM   #35
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayconut View Post
ur neighbor huh?

guess you monitor the boards for him huh?

and you guys have the same color and make caer huh?
I think you nailed it.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:29 PM   #36
MasterZ

ohhh.... didnt see that one coming..
Old 10-19-2010, 09:01 PM   #37
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post

The only times I drink now are on the Camaro Cruise where I'll drink at the destination restaraunt when I know I won't be doing further driving. I also will drink at home when friends are over. And, of my friends, the people not drinking are ALWAYS the ones not driving.

I don't buy the BS excuses on this. If you're going to drive, DON'T DRINK. Yes, it's that simple.
If your friend that come over are the ones not drinking and also the ones not driving ,than the ones drinking must be the ones driving. I know what you meant. LOL

I think were kind of talking about the same thing here. What I was getting at is , your a very rare breed and most people are not going to do what you do.
I'm sure you have been to many places and seen people getting drinks with a meal and then drive home. All I was saying is that it's promoted everyday and until they stop selling like this there is no way it will ever seize to happen.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:24 PM   #38
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I'm sure you have been to many places and seen people getting drinks with a meal and then drive home. All I was saying is that it's promoted everyday and until they stop selling like this there is no way it will ever seize to happen.
It is, but the downsides of drunk drivign al also promoted every day. Essentially, right now we give people a slap on the wrist for drunk driving. I don't want to get too much into politics, but I'm a Libertarian. I believe we should be free to do whatever we want to ourselves. However, when it impacts other people...the penalties should be harsh enough to make people think about doing it in the first place.

Would you drink and drive if you knew that you would spend 1 month in jail? That after the third time you could spend 1 year or 5 years in jail?

The person that hit and killed my girlfriend served all of 3 months in jail. For KILLING someone. He as much as went and bought a gun and put it to her head and pulled the trigger when he got in the car to drive drunk. For those of you that think drunk driving isn't a problem...remember that.

Sorry for the rant here folks, but this is an issue that is important to me...
Old 10-19-2010, 09:56 PM   #39
MasterZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
It is, but the downsides of drunk drivign al also promoted every day. Essentially, right now we give people a slap on the wrist for drunk driving. I don't want to get too much into politics, but I'm a Libertarian. I believe we should be free to do whatever we want to ourselves. However, when it impacts other people...the penalties should be harsh enough to make people think about doing it in the first place.

Would you drink and drive if you knew that you would spend 1 month in jail? That after the third time you could spend 1 year or 5 years in jail?

The person that hit and killed my girlfriend served all of 3 months in jail. For KILLING someone. He as much as went and bought a gun and put it to her head and pulled the trigger when he got in the car to drive drunk. For those of you that think drunk driving isn't a problem...remember that.

Sorry for the rant here folks, but this is an issue that is important to me...

I agree totally, that also goes along with other crimes... we are way to relaxed on our justice system. I prefer the ole "eye for an eye" theory..
Old 10-19-2010, 10:52 PM   #40
1985HOL69305
I'm also on Thirdgen.org

Drives: 1985 Camaro IROC-Z28
I just know that not drinking at all solves the problem.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:57 PM   #41
emin7
1st State C5

Drives: 2010 Camaro SIM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TROndrey View Post
+1236456789076543234565746597
Old 10-19-2010, 11:30 PM   #42
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterZ View Post
that is correct..

A good friend of mine thru High School was out one night at a bar and had to many drinks. He knew he was not in any shape to drive home so he climbed up in the passenger side of his truck, cranked the engine, turned on the A/C and radio layed across the seat in the parking lot of the bar and went to sleep. About 30 mins later there was a knock on the window... needless to say he was arrested for a DUI...even when he was trying to do the right thing and not drive..
Real dick cop. If you are in the passenger seat sleeping that is a dick of a cop.
I was at bar once. Too drunk to drive but it was the dead of winter and ****ing cold as shit as I started car went in back sit and went to sleep. A while later cops showed up because bar was closed and they saw car sitting there running. They were cool. They understood they were just worried as they said this was a bad area. Said they new a hotel. Cops need to be like that.

Side note this is what I do when I sleep in car drunk. Just did other week with my girl. Before I even sit in car I take the key and put in all the way under the seat. So if a cop comes I dont have the key. Cant drive with no key.. I also have gone as far once as putting key under backseat (it pulls right up).
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote