Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #43
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Another update. I will be having 2 dyno pulls done before the headers are installed (so just with my MBRP catback and Airaid V2 CAI) and another 2 pulls after the headers. I'll make sure to post the results.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:18 PM   #44
R8cerX

Drives: 2010 CamaroSS
[QUOTE=DevilKnightFalcon;2125845]Another update. I will be having 2 dyno pulls done before the headers are installed (so just with my MBRP catback and Airaid V2 CAI) and another 2 pulls after the headers. I'll make sure to post the results.[/QUOTE

Excellent, that will make "the sell" to my wife even easier...can't deny doing a mod with proven gains.

Frank
10 Camaro Magnacharged- 585rwhp/585rwtq, full exhaust, Pedders Justice/ZL1 sway, Stoptech brakes and 21" 3 Pc. Forgeline wheels
99 Corvette- 502rwhp/460rwtq-402 N/A, 6pis/4pis brakes...fun track car
R8cerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #45
mrray13

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Rally Yellow
They are proven! I gained ~16rwhp going from shorty headers to the ARH longtubes, with similar torque gains as well! The shorty headers showed a gain of ~5rwhp and ~8lb-ft of torque over the stocl manifolds.

The quality of the ARH headers and cats are excellent too! I just need to find my dyno sheets, lol...
Old 07-22-2010, 11:53 AM   #46
R8cerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
They are proven! I gained ~16rwhp going from shorty headers to the ARH longtubes, with similar torque gains as well! The shorty headers showed a gain of ~5rwhp and ~8lb-ft of torque over the stocl manifolds.

The quality of the ARH headers and cats are excellent too! I just need to find my dyno sheets, lol...
Thats awesome. Congrats. So, overall we should see about 20rwhp and 25rwtq going from stock to ARH LT's. Sounds good to me.

Frank
10 Camaro Magnacharged- 585rwhp/585rwtq, full exhaust, Pedders Justice/ZL1 sway, Stoptech brakes and 21" 3 Pc. Forgeline wheels
Old 07-22-2010, 12:00 PM   #47
mrray13

Close to that, that's for sure.

Man, I wish I could find those damn dyno numbers. The wife cleaned the office, and the tower in there died, so I'm lost, lol. But a 20rwhp gain, with a similar torque gain, can be expected. And felt!
Old 07-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #48
R8cerX

I know this isn't a camaro, but we just finished tuning a 2008 Chrysler 300 SRT8 that we built and made over a 1000HP. Enjoy.

Frank
Old 07-22-2010, 12:42 PM   #49
DevilKnightFalcon

Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Those of you that got the ARH system, did you have your headers coated? That should be good for another 1-2hp which isn't much but hey at least it's something.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
Old 07-22-2010, 01:39 PM   #50
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Those of you that got the ARH system, did you have your headers coated? That should be good for another 1-2hp which isn't much but hey at least it's something.
It's stainless steel, I just didn't see a need to change it.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:42 PM   #51
R8cerX

Jethot a LOT of money for NOT much gains. IMO

Frank
Old 07-22-2010, 03:39 PM   #52
DevilKnightFalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtpracing View Post
Jethot a LOT of money for NOT much gains. IMO
It helps keep the engine much MUCH cooler and considering I live in Arizona i'll take it. Anything to help keep the engine a bit cooler or help it cool down faster after driving. Also if you do shows or anything like that the coating makes em look really really nice instead of turning gold or other colors.

As for price it is far cheaper than the Trifecta tune which many have said gives little to no hp gain either.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:49 PM   #53
R8cerX

Quote:
It helps keep the engine much MUCH cooler and considering I live in Arizona i'll take it. Anything to help keep the engine a bit cooler or help it cool down faster after driving. Also if you do shows or anything like that the coating makes em look really really nice instead of turning gold or other colors.

As for price it is far cheaper than the Trifecta tune which many have said gives little to no hp gain either.
Maybe the engine compartment stays cooler. In the 8 years that we've been dynoing/tuning cars really haven't seen the "advertised" gains from jet hot or other ceramic coats...but you are correct that it looks better. IMO

Frank
Old 07-23-2010, 12:00 PM   #54
mrray13

Quote:

Trifecta might not give a lot of gains on the dyno, however, it optimizes all the mods done. Also, if you have an auto, it tunes it as well, and makes the shifts much better. Not too mention, if you get the data cable, you get Vince's awesome customer service, and every time you add a mod, it can be optimized.

Trifecta vs jetcoating? Trifecta every time, lol!!
Old 07-23-2010, 12:05 PM   #55
DevilKnightFalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrray13 View Post
Trifecta might not give a lot of gains on the dyno, however, it optimizes all the mods done. Also, if you have an auto, it tunes it as well, and makes the shifts much better. Not too mention, if you get the data cable, you get Vince's awesome customer service, and every time you add a mod, it can be optimized.

Trifecta vs jetcoating? Trifecta every time, lol!!
Don't get me wrong I am not bashing Trifecta. I am likely going to have it done as well. I am just saying if you are just talking horsepower gains trifecta is double the price for the same kind of gains.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:09 PM   #56
mrray13

Quote:
Don't get me wrong I am not bashing Trifecta. I am likely going to have it done as well. I am just saying if you are just talking horsepower gains trifecta is double the price for the same kind of gains.
Not really, as there are gains to the tune that really can't be measured. Like everything working right together and the car still being in a safe AFR. Somethings can be measured, but only at the strip, like the better shifts from the tranny tune.

Of course, the jetcoat should drop under hood temps, maybe freeing up some horsepower. Whereas Trifecta is proven, and not just in v6 Camaros, or just Camaros.

I get what you are saying, and for looks, jetcoating is sweet. Yet, dollar for dollar, I think Trifecta is the better buy, even if it is twice as much. It does do twice as much.