Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 07-25-2017, 05:30 AM   #309
13hotwheels

Drives: 2013 Hot Wheels Special Edition
So they KNOW this is the POST which is trying to gather interest and they post that elsewhere?

Truly I'd really like one (and considered 2 one for each of my 5th Gen's), but not standing tall and replying to this post is a tad sleezy (to me), seems its along the lines of their misspelling on their original box "reuired vs. required". They miss the beat on the simplest of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
I just read this on another thread ( http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...66#post9832266 ) from hurst:

Thank you for contacting us. Although we have received contact info from a good number of Camaro owners interested in this shifter, it has been more than three months and we have not received confirmed interest from 50+ owners so, sadly, we have decided that we will not be following through with production of our discontinued Comp Stick and Plate kits at this time.

That said, our R&D department has added the Hurst Pistol-Grip handle for 2010-2015 Camaros with an automatic transmission to their project list and we will be releasing that option in the near future. Again, thank you for your interest in our products. Have a great weekend!

-Hurst Team
Old 07-25-2017, 07:49 AM   #310
Stewart

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS & Ground effects
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13hotwheels View Post
So they KNOW this is the POST which is trying to gather interest and they post that elsewhere?

Truly I'd really like one (and considered 2 one for each of my 5th Gen's), but not standing tall and replying to this post is a tad sleezy (to me), seems its along the lines of their misspelling on their original box "reuired vs. required". They miss the beat on the simplest of things.
Hurst did not start a new thread or willy nilly posted some where other then here. Another member in good heart to get more attention to this buy created a second thread. A member wrote to Hurst to see what the count was on that thread. In turn, Hurst responded back to him there. I copied and pasted their message to this thread as it was the original one created by Dan. To keep all of us informed.

MY BUILD LINK: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484260
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 10:11 AM   #311
rontammy0
Dr feelgood

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
They told me only < 40 contacted them, so I'd say out of the 75 who said they were in, only ~50% replied..

I already have one, but wanted a backup...

-Don
I see...i have one as well.....wonder how the pistol grip will look.

K@N Typhoon Cai
Vmax Ported Throttlebody
MSD Super Conducter plug wires
JBA shorty headers
Solo high flow cats
Flowmaster Super 10 muffler in place of x pipe
Magnaflow Competition Muffler delete exhaust
391 gears
Circle D 3200 stall converter
305 x 35 20 Nitto 555r drag radials
SPI tuned
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:23 AM   #312
spike III
COTW 6/25/12

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Spike III Build 2011 IBM 1SS/RS [COTW 6/25/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I see...i have one as well.....wonder how the pistol grip will look.
My self Hurst makes top quality products. I bought the shifter and plate seperat. Sent the shifter back after a week just didn't like it. Kept the plate & installed the Camaro COPO Drake shifter and never looked back or felt bad about returning the shifter handle.