Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 07-23-2014, 04:13 PM   #15
Darwood

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
thought it was toes on the brake and slide heal over to throttle?
That's never worked for me. Big toe little toe works well and the stock pedals are fine for me. I even have a narrow foot. I even bought the SRP pedals before I bought the car and now questioning if I want to install them.
Darwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:30 PM   #16
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
thought it was toes on the brake and slide heal over to throttle?
I thought the same thing, but a good friend of mine that has raced all over the world straightened me out when I bought the WS6 in 2002, and I have just been practicing since then! If I remember his explanation, that was the case on much older cars back in the day.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:34 PM   #17
X25

Drives: '16 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I thought the same thing, but a good friend of mine that has raced all over the world straightened me out when I bought the WS6 in 2002, and I have just been practicing since then! If I remember his explanation, that was the case on much older cars back in the day.
There's nothing to straighten out. It just depends on the pedals and your foot shape. I did what you describe when I used to drive an EVO, and used my heel with Corvettes. Whatever works best for you.
'17 RAM 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 Night Edition
'15 Nissan Rogue S AWD
X25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:44 AM   #18
Spoolin

Drives: 2014 SW 1LE
I've seen it both ways, but I can't do either of them. I'm starting to think my feet won't bend that way! Lol
Spoolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:11 AM   #19
gajagfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by X25 View Post
There's nothing to straighten out. It just depends on the pedals and your foot shape. I did what you describe when I used to drive an EVO, and used my heel with Corvettes. Whatever works best for you.
I can accept that. I have probably not had the chance to drive as many cars as yours, but I am yet to find a vehicle yet that the ball / pinky technique does not work in. It sure seems to work great in the Vettes, and it may be that I had a wide foot. As you said, to each his own.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:22 AM   #20
gajagfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin View Post
I've seen it both ways, but I can't do either of them. I'm starting to think my feet won't bend that way! Lol
With the ball / pinky method, your foot is in a sense straight up and down, like it would be on the throttle or brake. I mention this because the mobility might actually be in the ankle.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:49 AM   #21
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwood View Post
That's never worked for me. Big toe little toe works well and the stock pedals are fine for me. I even have a narrow foot. I even bought the SRP pedals before I bought the car and now questioning if I want to install them.
A throttle pedal with a bit of extension on the left would make it much easier for me to do since I wouldn't have to reach as for from the brake pedal. I guess I do need a pedal set.
For me, if I used my toes to blip the throttle, that action messed with the pressure I kept on the brakes with my heel by actually braking more (yes, weird). But, if I modulated the brake pressure with my toes while my heal (or the right side of my foot) would do the throttle blip, I can do it with no herky jerky on the brakes.
-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Mean Green Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:23 AM   #22
GR8WHITE1

Drives: camaro
I wear size 13 shoes and my damn feet barely fit doen there to begin with. A car this big with such little room near the pedals, thanks chevy for letting a midget handle the design perameters for that part of ths car lol.:banghead:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
GR8WHITE1 is offline   Reply With Quote