Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 12-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #29
Camaronutt

Drives: 68 Camaro--2009 Corvette
IRS, lighter, more power, might be seeing a lot of that rear!
Camaronutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #30
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
The LS7 will never be in any 5th gen other than the Z28. It's too expensive and they need to consider corporate average fuel economy.

The LS7 will be reserved for the Z28 only as that will be the main attraction for people to buy the Z28. After all the rest of the Z28 is pretty easy bolt on stuff when it really comes down to it. The engine integration from the factory with a warranty is the biggest selling point of the Z28.

I do think there's a real possibility of the LT1 making it's way into the 5th gen before the 6th gen is here. Reason being is it gets better fuel economy and makes better power (therefore it will help the overall corporate fuel economy average). Plus if they are already tooled up to make the LT1 they can cut their production costs on it even more if they put it in more vehicles.

The last few generations of Camaros have typically received the new corvette engine only a year after introduction on the corvette. The 3rd gen Camaro's received the TPI engine the same year as the corvette (1985) although it was only a 305 CID vs the corvettes 350 CID engine the same technology was used. Actually the TPI technology was developed for a 305 CID engine as GM was originally not going to allow engine displacement in cars above 305 CID even in the Corvette. But the Corvette team pleaded with the execs and said that they had to have the TPI on a 350 CID in order to sell it to the corvette crowd. That's why there was never really a huge performance difference between the 305 and the 350 TPI engines. The 350 TPI was being choked by the induction system since it was only designed for a 305. I believe the C4 received the 2nd generation LT1 engine in 92. The 4th gen Camaro received the 2nd generation LT1 in 93. The C5 corvette received the LS1 in 97. The 4th gen F-bodies received the LS1 in 98. Seeing a trend here...?? Plus the 2005 GTO received the LS2 which was also the same year the Corvette started using the LS2. So it seems to follow suit that the 2015 Camaro (still as a 5th gen) will receive the LT1.

From a manufacturing standpoint since the LS3 and the LT1 are the same displacement it only makes sense for GM to start using the new LT1 in all car platforms going forward. The more you make of them...the cheaper they are to make (better component buying power and more streamlined production lines).
Hmmm, so if the more economical LT1 goes in the 5th gen there is more gas eco room for 427s! A "427" on a 5th gen fender is even more likely.

But the 427 would be a limited option, so no big effect on GM averages either way. And I think LS7 obsessed buyers would pay $10-12K for the emblem on the fender. Mid Fourties $$ for a 1SS 1LE 427 if they made the brakes and Recaros options.

Would anyone here buy that?

I don't like badges and I am glad my 1LE is silent about what it is, But a "427" on the fender? That was magic back in my street racing days. It would tempt me, but given the new Mustang and what that means for the Camaro to compete, this will be my last Camaro 5th gen. When the time comes I will also shop the horse and the fish.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:06 AM   #31
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
While I have no inside information on the next Camaro, I would be shocked if the LT1 was not in the 6thgen.

The LT1 is one fine powerplant... love its N/A power and Z06-like torque band in my C7 and the next gen Camaro will definitely benefit from it.
Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #32
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams76 View Post
the 2015 mustangs are a styling fail IMO. Not much originality. Looks like they took a typical Aston Martin and slapped the pony, 5.0 and GT badges on. And they really didn't change the design much from the fusion to the mustang..
agree^^..the F exterior design team gets an "F".
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #33
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
agree^^..the F exterior design team gets an "F".
Disagree. I bet sales disagree as well.

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #34
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
I think it looks good for a sports car ass end looks a lot like late 60's mustang front end sorta Aston Martin like, but it doesn't look like a muscle car to me. It just doesn't look great kinda looks like a bunch different designs from other brands mashed into on car.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #35
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Maro View Post
im sorry that ass is UGLY. lol the front is nice though.
Get used to it. You will be seeing a lot of that ass.
That car will be eating Camaros and Challengers for lunch.

I say that as a 2010 SS owner.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #36
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
"Stang will come with a choice of three engines: a base 3.7-liter V6 with 300 hp and 270 lb-ft of torque, and an optional 5.0-liter V8 with 420 hp and 390 lb-ft, and 2.3-liter EcoBoost four-cylinder with an estimated 305 hp and 300 lb-ft."
- See more at: http://carbuzz.com/news/2013/12/5/20...-Here-7717469/

So they didn't bump the 5.0
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #37
trashmanssd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
The LS7 will never be in any 5th gen other than the Z28. It's too expensive and they need to consider corporate average fuel economy.

The LS7 will be reserved for the Z28 only as that will be the main attraction for people to buy the Z28. After all the rest of the Z28 is pretty easy bolt on stuff when it really comes down to it. The engine integration from the factory with a warranty is the biggest selling point of the Z28.

I do think there's a real possibility of the LT1 making it's way into the 5th gen before the 6th gen is here. Reason being is it gets better fuel economy and makes better power (therefore it will help the overall corporate fuel economy average). Plus if they are already tooled up to make the LT1 they can cut their production costs on it even more if they put it in more vehicles.

The last few generations of Camaros have typically received the new corvette engine only a year after introduction on the corvette. The 3rd gen Camaro's received the TPI engine the same year as the corvette (1985) although it was only a 305 CID vs the corvettes 350 CID engine the same technology was used. Actually the TPI technology was developed for a 305 CID engine as GM was originally not going to allow engine displacement in cars above 305 CID even in the Corvette. But the Corvette team pleaded with the execs and said that they had to have the TPI on a 350 CID in order to sell it to the corvette crowd. That's why there was never really a huge performance difference between the 305 and the 350 TPI engines. The 350 TPI was being choked by the induction system since it was only designed for a 305. I believe the C4 received the 2nd generation LT1 engine in 92. The 4th gen Camaro received the 2nd generation LT1 in 93. The C5 corvette received the LS1 in 97. The 4th gen F-bodies received the LS1 in 98. Seeing a trend here...?? Plus the 2005 GTO received the LS2 which was also the same year the Corvette started using the LS2. So it seems to follow suit that the 2015 Camaro (still as a 5th gen) will receive the LT1.

From a manufacturing standpoint since the LS3 and the LT1 are the same displacement it only makes sense for GM to start using the new LT1 in all car platforms going forward. The more you make of them...the cheaper they are to make (better component buying power and more streamlined production lines).
+1

I wonder if they will hold it out just to try help corvette sales. maybe slightly de tuned version 440 HP 445 HP with NPP follow the corvette lead with selling the option.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #38
trashmanssd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_SS View Post
- See more at: http://carbuzz.com/news/2013/12/5/20...-Here-7717469/

So they didn't bump the 5.0
they bumped it but they are hush hush on numbers. The have to build up the tension keep it in the news nice slow time release of all the details. they did said it has a few internals from the boss 302 so its 444 should be in the ball park nice jump and with little weight loss it should be putting up some nice 0-60 and 1/4 mile numbers.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:44 AM   #39
rickr9504

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS 1 LE
I don't know but the rear fenders of the new mustang looks suspiciously a lot like the Camaro and Corvette. Maybe it's just me but look again, it is actually something I like in my camaro.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #40
Stingray
just can't get enough

Drives: a bunch of fast toys...
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
they bumped it but they are hush hush on numbers. The have to build up the tension keep it in the news nice slow time release of all the details. they did said it has a few internals from the boss 302 so its 444 should be in the ball park nice jump and with little weight loss it should be putting up some nice 0-60 and 1/4 mile numbers.
Correct... the new Coyote took some of the Boss 302 Roadrunner engine's magic.

Below are some of the Boss-specific parts contributing to the 2012-2013 Boss 302 V8’s output and durability:
* Revised composite intake system with shorter runners, inspired by Daytona Prototype racing engines, for high-rpm breathing
* Forged aluminum pistons and upgraded sinter-forged connecting rods for improved strength, needed for the higher combustion pressures and engine speeds
* New high-strength aluminum-alloy cylinder heads with fully CNC-machined ports and chambers for exceptional high-rpm airflow without sacrificing low-speed torque
* Lightened valvetrain components to provide excellent dynamic performance up to speeds well above the engine redline
* Sodium-filled exhaust valves for improved heat dissipation
* Race-specification crankshaft main and rod bearings for higher load capability and improved high-speed durability
* 5W50 full-synthetic oil with engine oil cooler for improved oil pressure and longer-lasting lubrication during extreme racing conditions
* Revised oil pan baffling for improved oil control under racing conditions and during cornering loads greater than 1.0 g

The 2015 Mustang 5.0 Coyote engine's details are:
-New cams with 1mm more intake lift and 2mm more lift on the exhaust side
-New cylinder heads with revised high-flow ports and slightly larger valves
-Mid-lock cam phasers to provide greater range of cam timing on the intake side
-A revised intake manifold with charge-motion control valves.
-The forged connecting rods from the current Boss 302 engine
-The forged balanced crank from the current Boss 302 engine
-Revised piston tops
-The valve springs from the current Boss 302 engine
-Standard oil cooler

Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:07 AM   #41
Bat Maro

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS L99 A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Kid View Post
Get used to it. You will be seeing a lot of that ass.
That car will be eating Camaros and Challengers for lunch.

I say that as a 2010 SS owner.
eating stock camaro's not modded lol i dont plain on being just bolt on's for much longer or im going to get the 2016 6th gen when its released (granted if i like the design)
stainless works HF cats
stainless works 3" retro chambered exhaust
full de-badge of entire car
Bat Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:08 AM   #42
Bat Maro

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS L99 A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVmyZL1 View Post
I think you are confused. The modern Shelby GT500 has always been an " in-house" product. SVT engineered them and Ford built them on the same production line as every other S197 Mustang.
my mistake but i know for a fact that the shelby name is gone and they are going back to the svt cobra name
stainless works HF cats
stainless works 3" retro chambered exhaust
full de-badge of entire car
Bat Maro is offline   Reply With Quote