Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-14-2020, 08:09 PM   #15
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
I think the base interior on the 1ss has the 8" screen and the LT1 had the 7". The speedometer is different too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakemaker89 View Post
I would also add that the tach/speedo gauges are different as well. There is no “track” mode on the LT1. Great post! Now if only we could figure out the tow hook situation for the occasional track day in the LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumbleboy92 View Post
From Chevy’s Camaro builder it seems like the 1SS has the 8” display along with the enhanced speedo cluster from factory and the LT1 comes with neither but gives an option for the 8”. I didn’t see an option for the enhanced speedo weirdly
The LT1 gauge cluster is this:

Name:  CCB8F938-41E3-4590-8CB2-1EE71B094703.jpg
Views: 5561
Size:  101.9 KB

Both the 1SS and 2SS and all other higher end Camaro trims use this:

Name:  092887B1-40F0-48E1-A1A4-6B1977C9BF1C.jpeg
Views: 5865
Size:  48.9 KB

Even though it’s supposed to be a base stripper, I feel there should at least be an option for auxiliary gauges. It’s a V8. Having only a fuel and temperature gauge doesn’t seem quite right. On the 5th gen you could get the 4 pod console gauges that were standard on the 2SS as an accessory even on the most basic 1SS.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:27 PM   #16
6sigma

Drives: rally green LT1 manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
Besides the more subtle look of the LT1, what else makes you like the LT1 over the SS? I like the simple analog style dash on the LT1 as well as no rear spoiler. Mine is a bare bones no option M6. Also, is 17 inch the smallest diameter wheel to clear the rear LT1 brakes? Looking for a dedicated set for the strip on some Mickeys.
For me it was the right package at the right price. My low option LT1 M6 was about $30k new, after all discounts and GM card credits. I think that's a great bargain.

Also, I want and need the standard all-seasons on the LT1. I think part of Camaro sales problem is the fact that any V8 car (before LT1) comes with summer only tires, which makes it a 3-season car in a lot of the US. Swapping wheels and tires seasonally or buying a new set of performance all-seasons is a hassle and expense a lot of buyers don't want. Dodge has standard performance all-seasons all the way up to Redeye, with summer-only rubber optional. I think Ford does the same with Mustang until GT350. Camaro should have performance all-seasons as standard or no cost options on all non-1LE cars.

Ford did this with the lowly Fiesta ST - performance all-seasons (good Michelin pilot A/S3+) were no cost options but not often dealer spec'd. I found mine on the lot that had them spec'd and the dealer told me they learned they couldn't sell the cars that had summer rubber (I live in the midwest). I wonder how many Camaro sales are lost because of the tires.

I do wish the LT1 tires were wider or staggered just for looks, but please keep the performance all-seasons!
6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:49 PM   #17
6sigma

Drives: rally green LT1 manual
Good thread! The LT1 has an electronic speed limiter of 155 (although not sure if that's been confirmed anywhere). The 155 limit is due to the standard all-season tire rating and is why the LT1 speedo tops out at 160 (it's the same speedo as the T4 and V6 cars). The SS cars don't have that speed limiter and get the 200MPH speedo.
6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:50 PM   #18
Devstrike

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
A member said the LT1 had Oil cooler lines in I believe the LT1 owners thread on one of those pages. Now I know it is said that the LT1 Camaros do not have the trans cooler but I hit the break in miles and romped on it today and the trans temp according to the dash screen reading never went above 155 degrees. My 2018 Tundra 5.7L I had with a trans cooler was at 185-190 unloaded with spirited driving in that.

Another thing I think that should be mentioned is my LT1 at the DMV when I registered it showed up on their computers as an SS model when they put my vin in and the same thing occurred for my insurance company as well. Something that probably should be kept in mind when purchasing.
Devstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 12:54 AM   #19
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post
A member said the LT1 had Oil cooler lines in I believe the LT1 owners thread on one of those pages.
I just double checked my Workbench Order from the dealer. The LT1 comes with RPO KC4- Engine oil cooler. I did not have to specifically order this like the rest of the options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devstrike View Post
Now I know it is said that the LT1 Camaros do not have the trans cooler
The LT1 comes with a tranny cooler for the automatics. The M6 and the rear end do NOT have auxiliary cooling.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:05 AM   #20
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaling View Post
I think the base interior on the 1ss has the 8" screen and the LT1 had the 7". The speedometer is different too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakemaker89 View Post
I would also add that the tach/speedo gauges are different as well. There is no “track” mode on the LT1. Great post! Now if only we could figure out the tow hook situation for the occasional track day in the LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
They don’t exactly share the 20” rims / tires
LT1: 20 x 8.5-in. aluminum (front & rear)
SS: 20-in. x 8.5-in. aluminum (front)^
SS: 20-in. x 9.5-in. aluminum (rear)^
LT1: P245/40R20 all-season (front & rear)
SS: P245/40R20 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 summer-only run-flat (front)^
SS: P275/35R20 Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 summer-only run-flat (rear)^

https://media.chevrolet.com/media/us...2020.tab1.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I seem to recall if you get the 1LE package on an SS, you also get the eLSD that comes on the ZL1. The LT1 cannot get that with any option package.

Or, am I incorrect?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6sigma View Post
Good thread! The LT1 has an electronic speed limiter of 155 (although not sure if that's been confirmed anywhere). The 155 limit is due to the standard all-season tire rating and is why the LT1 speedo tops out at 160 (it's the same speedo as the T4 and V6 cars). The SS cars don't have that speed limiter and get the 200MPH speedo.
Quote:
Thanks! All corrected correctly I hope. I learned several things about the LT1 I did not know.

One commonality the LT1 has with a 1SS, if you have Recaros you get heated and ventilated seats you have those features in the seat but they are not hooked up.

And the LT1 is the only V8 Camaro you can buy with all season tires. (My winter setup!) But you can't get heated seats??????
Old 06-15-2020, 07:14 AM   #21
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
The LT1 gauge cluster is this:

Attachment 1035177

Both the 1SS and 2SS and all other higher end Camaro trims use this:

Attachment 1035178

Even though it’s supposed to be a base stripper, I feel there should at least be an option for auxiliary gauges. It’s a V8. Having only a fuel and temperature gauge doesn’t seem quite right. On the 5th gen you could get the 4 pod console gauges that were standard on the 2SS as an accessory even on the most basic 1SS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post

When I ordered the expensive Bose (technology) LT1 Option I thought I might get the SS speedo. I like having oil pressure all the time. But all you get is the wider screen and Bose. However this Bose has better sound than my last 2 Bose equipped Camaros. I don't know if it is the Bose part or a better amp/head unit.
Old 06-15-2020, 07:55 AM   #22
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEornothing View Post
Besides the more subtle look of the LT1, what else makes you like the LT1 over the SS? I like the simple analog style dash on the LT1 as well as no rear spoiler. Mine is a bare bones no option M6. Also, is 17 inch the smallest diameter wheel to clear the rear LT1 brakes? Looking for a dedicated set for the strip on some Mickeys.
Your 1st question is complicated. Over the last 10 years I have owned 5 Camaros (6 now) and dumped a ton of cash down the toilet. But had a ton of fun. I thought My A10 ZL1 was going to be a keeper. But as good as the A10 is I really missed that M6. And like my TT 2013 1LE it was too much for the street, but lots of fun at Atco.

I accidently sold my Bolton '16 2SS in two days privately to get the ZL1 without the complexity of a trade. It happened too fast, as the smiling new owner drove away I thought "S**T what did I just do?" :(

So I took my ZL1 to CarMax and got $3k more than a dealer would give me I decided to sit on that for a while with no Camaro. Can you imagine? Then the LT1 came out and after seeing what I could get on it I decided to order one and combine that with meeting Becky and a delivery in what used to be Motor City. Being able to get NPP, sunroof, Bose, and Recaros on a M6 LT1 sealed the deal.

Almost all of what the LT1 does not have I do not miss except:
Heated seats (hoping to add that)
HUD (I will add a shift light to make up for no HUD)

I also love drag racing and it will be fun to keep it stock and try to get into the 11s with just tires and a Rotofab. And my warranty is intact so far (mostly).

My 17" Dragstars will be going on the LT1 if Atco reopens.

17" Rims do fit even on an SS and on the ZL1. However with all that ZL1 super cooling it is a great hot-lapper at the drag strip. However at number 2 or three the rear calipers will expand enough to touch the 17" rims. I wondered what that squeaking was. :(. My Dragstars still have the ZL1 scars. But now they are a little lighter.
Old 06-15-2020, 08:10 AM   #23
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Camaro LT Model compared to the SSes:

GMs offical base weight Comparison

WEIGHTS & CAPACITIES

COUPE CONVERTIBLE
Base Curb Weight
(lb. / kg):
3619 / 1642 – LT1 manual
3681 / 1670 – LT1 automatic
3685 / 1672 – 1SS manual
3747 / 1700 – 1SS automatic
3754 / 1703 – 1SS 1LE
3696 / 1677 – 2SS manual
3757 / 1704 – 2SS automatic
3762 / 1706 – 2SS 1LE

3865 / 1753 – LT1 manual
3927 / 1781 – LT1 automatic
3932 / 1784 – 1SS manual
3993 / 1811 – 1SS automatic
3937 / 1786 – 2SS manual
3999 / 1814 – 2SS automatic
Are the official weights with a full tank? My fully loaded M6 2SS (with a sunroof) was 3685 on the Atco scales with 1/4 tank of gas. Will my LT1 with the stock tires be under 3,600?
Old 06-15-2020, 08:12 AM   #24
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
Quote:
So in order to get the same top speed as an SS, LT1 owners will have to buy new tires and void their warranty by getting a tune to get rid of the speed limiter?
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:17 AM   #25
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Quote:
The SS cars have a speed limit of 180.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyzz Kydd View Post
So in order to get the same top speed as an SS, LT1 owners will have to void their warranty by getting a tune to get rid of the speed limiter?
correct.
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:48 AM   #26
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Here is truly the biggest difference. Warranty.

The SS/1LE/ZL1/ZLE are backed under GM warranty for track use assuming the car is stock. Something breaks while on the track and your car is stock? Warrantied.

The LT1 model does NOT benefit from this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 09:23 AM   #27
RyanR623

Drives: SS A8, NPP, Red Hot
Quote:
The 2020 LT1 is a bit different in that it was meant to be a V8 mostly stripper to compete with the base Mustang 5.0 and R/T Challenger. Think Mustang Fox body LX 5.0 the most famous of this category, or the Firebird Formula.

I think you meant the scat pack. The LT1 will destroy an R/T. The LT1 has 80 more horspower and is 450lbs lighter.
RyanR623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 10:31 AM   #28
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Are the official weights with a full tank? My fully loaded M6 2SS (with a sunroof) was 3685 on the Atco scales with 1/4 tank of gas. Will my LT1 with the stock tires be under 3,600?
Yes. The published curb weight included 19 gallons of fuel

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote