Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-31-2008, 10:01 AM   #1
Bowtie Guy Z28

Drives: 98' Z28 08 CC Z71 2010 SS/RS
Bob Reassures The Camaros Greatness

Some motivation from Mr. Lutz.....

Quote:
Fresh off the North American International Auto Show and major awards for the 2008 Cadillac CTS and Chevrolet Malibu, Lutz delivered a pep talk about GM's short- and long-term prospects.

"I think we can confidently predict kind of a return of greatness for General Motors," he said. "Everybody, even detractors, even competitors, and even people who doubted we could do it come up to me now and say ... 'You guys just have the best lineup of anybody out there."

Among his other comments:

Expect the Chevrolet Camaro to be the corporation's next big product splash "toward the end of this year."
"That's again designed with the best in class philosophy," he said. "We didn't want to make it as good as the (Ford) Mustang. We wanted to go way beyond where the Mustang is."
http://www.mlive.com/business/index...._restored.html

Gotta love that last quote!
Bowtie Guy Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:23 AM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
It is great to hear something like that. It makes me itch even more to get this car as soon as I can.

Great information. Thanks!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:23 AM   #3
TheMadHatter99
Kept the Faith

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
So long as the price doesn't go "way beyond where the Mustang is".
Old 01-31-2008, 10:32 AM   #4
relayagent

Drives: '07 Mustang GT
Well, lord knows I love my Mustang..its a great car.. But I can see other directions like more refinement and slightly more luxury being one way to go. I think thats part of what Lutz is referring to. The Camaro is going to be really awesome I think. Hopefully I'll be able to put one in the garage next to my stang!!

Been visiting the site for a few months now, great community.. especially that its picking up now with all the new pix/info...
relayagent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 10:40 AM   #5
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by relayagent View Post
Well, lord knows I love my Mustang..its a great car.. But I can see other directions like more refinement and slightly more luxury being one way to go. I think thats part of what Lutz is referring to. The Camaro is going to be really awesome I think. Hopefully I'll be able to put one in the garage next to my stang!!

Been visiting the site for a few months now, great community.. especially that its picking up now with all the new pix/info...

+1. I spend more time here than I do on my own club's website, LOL!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:04 AM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
The entire thing was posted here
http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2734
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:55 PM   #7
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Damn I'm just getting more excited about this car! And I don't even know if i can afford it yet! :(
Old 01-31-2008, 05:59 PM   #8
HotRodEwe
lost my mind...

Drives: 86 95 69 camaros 09 challenger
dont worry you can park your camaro next to mine in my cardboard box house community lol
Old 01-31-2008, 07:58 PM   #9
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadHatter99 View Post
So long as the price doesn't go "way beyond where the Mustang is".
Thats what I was thinking as I read Bob's quote lol.

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:29 PM   #10
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
very nice quote. he praised them a little aaaannnndddd then knocked them back down!
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote