Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 03-16-2013, 03:30 PM   #113
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Sometimes, I think the 12th man takes it a little too far.

Someone's compiled a list of every recent interview Russell Wilson has done!

http://blog.seahawks.com/2013/03/15/...on-on-the-mic/
Old 03-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #114
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
God - everyone needs to stop calling amendola a young until he shows he can do what Wes Welker has, preferably for more than one season. Welkers stretch these past 5 or so years has been HISTORIC. It's just idiotic that people are expecting amendola, a player who has never even had a DECENT season before to come in and put up the same numbers as Welker.

And then on top of it, he's being paid a higher salary! It's a terrible move until Amendola proves he can play at a high level, which we haven't seen him do in his pro career and only did once in college.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:11 PM   #115
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
He will have Brady. I love Welker. Dude is tough. I do wonder if his numbers do include a push from Brady being really good. We'll see with Amendola...whether his numbers improve to historic numbers or not.

Generally, I think the Patriots have done well with drafts and moves. Getting rid of Welker? Not the best move I've seen from them, IMHO.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #116
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
He will have Brady. I love Welker. Dude is tough. I do wonder if his numbers do include a push from Brady being really good. We'll see with Amendola...whether his numbers improve to historic numbers or not.

Generally, I think the Patriots have done well with drafts and moves. Getting rid of Welker? Not the best move I've seen from them, IMHO.
I think this is a super generous exercise... Take Amendolas best season, add in another 300 yards strictly due to Brady, and he still isn't a thousand yard receiver.

Granted, you can't quantify the "Brady" effect, but I think 300 is generous. All Brady does is throw the ball, it's still the receivers job to make himself the best option to be throw to.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #117
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

As for other moves, I think Miami sneaks into a WC spot but can't overtake the Pats.

I think Seattle has improved immensely, I don't think San Fran keeps up with the Hawks this season now that teams have a full offseason to study Kaepernick.

i think the NFC East remains a shitshow. RG3 isn't the same player after injury and the Obnoxious skins fans that came out of the woodwork this past year crawl back into their holes.

AFC north is weaker but I still think the Ravens take it - media is making a much bigger deal about losses than they really are and no other team has improved.

I think the NFC north, outside of megatron and AP is the most boring division in football.

Afc central is going to the texans again, but colts put on some pressure.

Broncos, especially if they can get the dumervil situation squared away and manning has another solid season, will be the toughest team in the AFC
Blahblahblah
Old 03-18-2013, 06:15 AM   #118
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
damn, jake long to st. louis. :(
Old 03-18-2013, 06:16 AM   #119
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Well just for the record, i give the fins a B+, and think they are a first or second round playoff team for 2013. But of course I'm rooting for a SB run

I'm willing to put up a wager that says youre wrong.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:24 AM   #120
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
I'm willing to put up a wager that says youre wrong.
wrong about what? that the fins will make the playoffs?
Old 03-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #121
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Six teams in playoffs in each conference, lets just say these are division winners

Pats
Broncos
Steelers
Texans
I have to put the Steelers to win the North...maybe even the Bengals, I think the Ravens just lost too much...and they seem to not care either. Maybe giving them a wildcard may even be a stretch, but hey....got to give them some respect.
Who's the wildcards, ???? Bengals, Ravens, Colts.....Dolphins ? do the Dolphins jump over the teams that were there last year with the off season moves after all, they still are the Dolphins
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #122
PoorMansCamaro

i think it's safe to say indy is in a wildcard spot, if not division winners. so that's 5. i think 6 is up for grabs at this point, with miami a great possibility

edit: KC might be up there as well. depends on how well alex smith plays.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #123
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
Six teams in playoffs in each conference, lets just say these are division winners

Pats
Broncos
Steelers
Texans
I have to put the Steelers to win the North...maybe even the Bengals, I think the Ravens just lost too much...and they seem to not care either. Maybe giving them a wildcard may even be a stretch, but hey....got to give them some respect.
Who's the wildcards, ???? Bengals, Ravens, Colts.....Dolphins ? do the Dolphins jump over the teams that were there last year with the off season moves after all, they still are the Dolphins
Steelers lose their pro bowl WR, have no running game to speak of, a terrible OLine outside of Pouncey, weak secondary, lose their best pass rusher. And for a team that breeds linebackers, Timmons and Woodley are all they have and they combined for a paltry 10 sacks last season. They are DEFINITELY in year 2 of a 3-4 year rebuild - still have a ways to go. If the Pats deliver a crushing blow of stealing away Sanders, then the offense is just Roethlisberger, Brown, and literally NO ONE else.

Baltimore is not in any trouble. We lost Ellerbee and Kruger, who while critical to a Super Bowl run, only started a COMBINED 20 of our last 65 games. Neither has been a full season starter. We lost Boldin who has never had a 1000 yard season for us and clearly was never an all pro receiver without Fitzgerald on the other side. Cary Williams who, as anyone who watched the ravens know, is a liability despite his solid INT numbers. I do think losing Pollard hurts, but every team loses a key player or two every season. Bottom line is we still have Flacco, Rice, Leach, Yanda, Suggs, Ngata, And Webb. That's 6 pro bowlers and a Super Bowl MVP right there - plenty of talent. To say we seem not to care about losing the talent we've lost is telling to the fact that we don't think we've lost much of note.

The browns are and will always be the browns. No matter who is in the front office, they do a terrible job. Most recently, paying Paul Kruger like a pro bowl LB when he is really just a two down pass rusher who only had half a good season in his career and was not productive without Suggs taking the pressure off him.

The Bengals are intriguing and most of that intrigue hinges around Dalton. He can beat the teams he's supposed to, but hasnt proven he can beat a New England or Denver or Baltimore. AJ Green is amazing, no question, but behind him there is literally no one, and the Law Firm is not an answer for anyone at RB. Good DLine and pass rush which should help overcome a pitiful secondary.

Really, the door is wide open for Baltimore to repeat, with Cinci posing the only challenge.

Denver
Texans
Patriots
Ravens
Cinci
Colts

In that order.

Miami knocks at the door, but still has Tannehill at QB and its been made clear that you can't make the playoffs with a question mark at signal caller.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #124
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
You keep downplaying Boldin .... I thought other than a few plays by Smith & the other guy, reciever/ returner (name escapes me) that Boldin carried the Ravens in the playoffs. Every time you looked, he seemed to be making a crucial catch.
3 SS's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #125
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 SS's View Post
You keep downplaying Boldin .... I thought other than a few plays by Smith & the other guy, reciever/ returner (name escapes me) that Boldin carried the Ravens in the playoffs. Every time you looked, he seemed to be making a crucial catch.
The Boldin you and everyone saw in the playoffs is NOT the same Boldin we Ravens fans saw on a weekly basis. That's where I diverge. No question the Super Bowl run was amazing, but at no other time in his 3 seasons did he put together a stretch like that. Look at his game by game and you will see he can disappear for stretches at a time. He's just not a #1 WR like the media and other people who don't watch him every week make him out to be.

Compare his past three seasons to Derrick Masons last three seasons in Baltimore, and it might surprise you, but you would take Mason every time. No one made a huge deal when DMase left, and we turned out just fine.

Mason could be counted on for 70 receptions, 1000 yards, 5 TDs during his time in Baltimore.

Anquan was 60 receptions, 880 yards, 4 TDs.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #126
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
wrong about what? that the fins will make the playoffs?

Yeah. I dont think they will make it.