Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-14-2015, 11:26 PM   #15
partymn

Drives: 2014 1ss 1LE
That's rough, been there before. People are generally horrible these days. We are obligated as humans to assist those in need, its an obligation not a choice.
Old 05-14-2015, 11:41 PM   #16
Schluney

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Im sure that man and his family are grateful you had the courage to do everything in your power to help. The world needs more high character people and less people taking pictures of anything that will get them attention in social media... Oh and one more thing thank you for your service!
Old 05-15-2015, 12:15 AM   #17
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Thank you for what you did helping the passenger. Unfortunately I have seen this on a few occasions. Rolled up on a terrible T-bone accident and witnessed another. I was on duty for both (police) the first one people drove by laughing and taking pictures while my partner is climbing in through the trunk to get to the trapped unconscious driver. Several people even attempted to drive through the scene and around the fire trucks. The second one only an off duty EMS guy stopped to help. Most drove passed and yelled stuff at me about blocking the intersection.

Keep being the good person you are and don't let this get you down, the world is in desperate need of more good people like you.
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:37 AM   #18
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Thanks Kaboom, yeah I am done complaining about the upgrade... it did take $700 worth of pads to get what I wanted, but no more complaints, they stop....like never before.
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:48 AM   #19
backeddy
Banned

Drives: 2011 Boxster Spyder (best car ever)
Thanks guys, you have really lifted my spirits! Superman, I have many LEO friends, but seeing how people REALLY ARE, I have new, much much higher respect for what you guys do everyday....I also understand now why my buddies are automatically jaded until you prove yourself to them. I am an ex 10th Mountain commando and I had no problem pulling the trigger on bad guys....you blow us up, no problem to put you down...But this was so different, so surreal...Thanks again guys, I will probably be able to sleep now because of all of you. Much respect.
backeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 07:35 AM   #20
MRREVINTO7

Drives: 14 1Le --14 chevy ss sedan 07shelby
Thankyou for trying to make a difference ,just so you know your not alone the world is definatly different and calus..I lost my parents early and have seen some bad stuff to I like you am good in the heat of battle and can jump into the fire when needed but the down time after the dust clears is very hard just know you did best you can and never change who you are thanks for your services too ..this is a story from 4 years ago this June my awesome fiancé and I started our beautiful Sunday morn with breakfast and errands our first stop was to pick up a script from pharmacy at 10am and this is what went down I was out side in truck 20 ft from door I saw the perp knew it was not good and made a mental note of him as he walked past my truck I had dark tints he didn't see me then I went in to see what's up !! You never know ..all I can say is we are great full for people like you that care enough to put your ass on the line without consequence .glad your ok at least physically and keep your head up I know it's hard I struggle everyday but I never quit even when I want too good luck God bless 1lE brother .!!

Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota called the killings among the most gruesome in the history of the county, which in 1974 was the scene of the "Amityville Horror" slayings in which a man killed six members of his own family.

Suffolk County Assistant District Attorney James Chalifoux said Thursday: "We as a society look at it and see that it could have been anybody. It could have been me. It could have been my children, or it could have been me or my wife."

Laffer, a 33-year-old Army veteran, walked into Haven Drugs shortly after 10 a.m. on June 19 and opened fire without announcing a robbery, killing a 45-year-old pharmacist filling in for a colleague celebrating Father's Day, and a 17-year-old store clerk who was due to graduate high school just days later.

He then fatally shot two customers who unwittingly walked in on the carnage, authorities said. One was Sheffield, a 71-year-old retiree picking up medication for his ailing wife; the couple was planning their 50th wedding anniversary in July. The other, Taccetta, was a 33-year-old mother of two who was planning her wedding.

Store surveillance video showed Laffer disguised in a scruffy beard augmented by mascara, firing at the victims.

The first shot came from a .45-caliber handgun hidden in Laffer's backpack. The bullet struck the pharmacist, Raymond Ferguson, behind the counter. Laffer then found the clerk, Jennifer Mejia, and shot her.

As he began filling a backpack with pills, Sheffield and Taccetta walked into the store and he sneaked up behind them and fired shots into their heads. He then fled with thousands of pills.

Laffer has since said in a jailhouse interview that the first shot went off accidentally and when he realized what happened, he killed the others. Prosecutors say Laffer and his wife staked out several pharmacies before settling on Haven Drugs, a tiny family-owned business on an out-of-the-way suburban street.

Investigators said they found parts of the disassembled weapon used in the holdup, as well as at least 2,000 hydrocodone-type pills in the couple's home, which is near the pharmacy.

Other evidence, including the backpack and empty medicine bottles, were believed tossed out in trash bins behind businesses in the area. A shirt Laffer was seen wearing was found buried in his yard.

Laffer was sentenced to five consecutive life terms. The five first-degree counts reflect the deaths of the four victims in the pharmacy, plus an umbrella charge for multiple murders.

Laffer has said he expects he will be killed in prison.
MRREVINTO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:27 AM   #21
SASQUATCHelvis

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
I'm not sure what saddens me more, the death of the gentleman, or the actions (or inaction) of everyone that passed by. I can't believe that no one helped.

You did the right thing and should be commended for it. Thank you for your actions, efforts, and letting everyone know information that could very well save their lives. Bravo sir, bravo. The world needs more people like you. You're a true inspiration and a role model we can all aspire to be more like.
SASQUATCHelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:54 AM   #22
Camarotobeornottobe

Drives: 1LE
EDIT: Decided to keep my thoughts to myself. Cheers

Last edited by Camarotobeornottobe; 05-15-2015 at 11:19 AM.
Camarotobeornottobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 11:09 AM   #23
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Thank you Eddy for your effort and being the person we all hope we would be put in the same situation.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:30 PM   #24
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Glad you are safe, saddened to hear about someone losing their life due to someone else's stupidity. Glad that you did the honorable thing and helped those who needed it. There are too few of you left in this world, a lot of people now would just do as they did in your case, just shoot video and not help. I see it all the time in my line of work, and sometimes think 'what if it was a family member of yours?' I guess they'd youtube it.

Take care.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:59 PM   #25
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Im glad you're OK backeddy!!! This is a prime example of why having good brakes and tires is so important. I cannot believe no one tried to help. This really shows how our society is slowly rotting away with no morals value or common sense. Thank you for being the hero today and please dont feel bad, the only people that should be feeling like shit are the ones that did NOTHING I sincerely believe what comes around goes around. My prayers go out to the family that lost a loved and to a hero that did all he could.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:39 PM   #26
Hilflos

Drives: 2015 1SS / RS NPP
I've been unfortunate enough to be in similar situations several times so far. Once I was in the damaged car, but relatively unharmed.

Twice I was immediately behind the collisions. Both of those times I, and a few other people, stopped and rendered what aid we could. Both times there were many who did not.

Backeddy, take solace in the fact that you did all that could be asked of anyone in that situation. Someone saw you, someone who didn't act as you did now feels guilty for not having done so. I can almost guarantee that.

Right wrong or indifferent, solely by doing the right thing, you have influenced someone, there in California, here on this forum, or elsewhere to behave similarly in the future.

You did good. Glad you're ok.
Hilflos is offline   Reply With Quote