Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-05-2011, 06:36 PM   #99
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenIndy500 View Post
Number 3,

In all due respect,

....Seeing the concept Camaro and the Transformers movie over, and over, and over, and over again waiting for the REAL thing was the ultimate car tease ever in the history of....well ever in the history of anything! As the "F" and "C" companies were putting out some cases two retro based models, us Chevy fans could only drool in anticipation. Again in all due respect, I would classify that as "disappointment"

....and while those same other companies put out Convertibles, "HEMI", BOSS 302's and "500" additions, again us Camaro fans could still do nothing but drool… and again in all due respect, I would classify that as "disappointment" as well...

....having to see a cobalt Blue, Sublime Lime or Plumb Crazy rides out there with no Hugger Orange w/hounds tooth Camaros would also qualify as "disappointment".

Now please do not take this as negative, as I still love GM vehicles over all other brands....but, I must admit GM has disappointed us loyal customers.

Just saying;
Hounds tooth is ugly IMO

And when was the last time you saw hugger orange?
Have you ever tried to imagine it in a new car?
It would look horrendous.
I think Inferno orange is a great option and looks better than hugger orange would look on ANY new model car.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:38 PM   #100
Phantom.5SS
Hell yeah I'm Guilty.....

Drives: 2010 2-SS ABM NON-RS
More rumor

Its the Chevy NOVA SS and NOVA RALLYE.........!!!!!

Johnny; tell him what he's won!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:42 PM   #101
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Hounds tooth is ugly IMO

I think Inferno orange is a great option and looks better than hugger orange would look on ANY new model car.
I don't know, Dodge's retro colors look pretty awesome on new cars. I would be willing to give it a look at least.

And IO is not orange. It's tomato soup.

I am constantly amazed at how unwilling people in general are to just give something a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #102
5thGenIndy500

Drives: 2011 Indy 500 Pace Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
Hounds tooth is ugly IMO

Heck I own an IOM and it is an awesome color in its own right but, I have also owned Hugger Orange and it was awesome too.. IOM and no hounds tooth misses the nostalgic point....
5thGenIndy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #103
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
When stories and speculation came out that the "Z/28" would debut at the Detroit auto show, fbodfather came out with a response of notgonnahappen.com

Instead, with these rumors and stories, we get playful cryptic banter from him. Me thinks someone is having fun because they know the tease will be over very shortly. If not, he's a very cruel man
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:51 PM   #104
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Heck I own an IOM and it is an awesome color in its own right but, I have also owned Hugger Orange and it was awesome too.. IOM and no hounds tooth misses the nostalgic point....
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #105
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsnoflake View Post
I don't know, Dodge's retro colors look pretty awesome on new cars. I would be willing to give it a look at least.

I am constantly amazed at how unwilling people in general are to just give something a chance.

IO looks awesome in sunlight, but when I went to my dealer they had one on the floor and the color was very unimpressive. That tomato soup description is spot on under certain lighting conditions.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #106
5thGenIndy500

Quote:

I agree, as do I agree that the Hugger Orange would look awesome in clear coat.....

Tomato soup....rotflmao because it sure does...
Old 02-05-2011, 07:00 PM   #107
5thGenIndy500

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
IMO...No Hugger Orange w/hounds tooth Camaro misses the nostalgic point
Old 02-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #108
Z4me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
The godfather has spoken now listen and think about what he said or did not say umm never mind what I just said. Where's my beer bartender I need another ahh thx *hic*.

Anyway my prediction is this: We just came out with the verts which are just starting to hit the dealers as we speak. Then soon the 2012's will be announced for sale latter in the summer. The new improved super duper camaro won't start production untill umm January or so (need patience), so what makes the most sence. They want to sell the verts there the hot thing before spring comes so perhaps its a new car altogather such as the chevelle line.

As much as I would love some more info on the new hp(Z28) camaro thats coming down the road its to early imo. I'm betting on the information to be released about that car at the NY show at the earliest. I could be wronge and I hope I'm wronge, but from the marketing angle and timing of introduction that makes the most sence. Bottom line as much as we love these cars its still a business and it has to be handled as such.

With that I would like to say a BIG THANKYOU to those involved in making these awesome cars a reality to enjoy
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:14 PM   #109
5thGenIndy500

Quote:
IMO...No Hugger Orange w/hounds tooth Camaro misses the nostalgic point
....and if the 2011 Indy Pace Cars IOM stripes look as reddish in person as they do in the photos, I will again be disappointed.. but, not enough to keep me from buying one...lol
Old 02-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #110
5thGenIndy500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4me View Post
The godfather has spoken now listen and think about what he said or did not say umm never mind what I just said. Where's my beer bartender I need another ahh thx *hic*.

Anyway my prediction is this: We just came out with the verts which are just starting to hit the dealers as we speak. Then soon the 2012's will be announced for sale latter in the summer. The new improved super duper camaro won't start production untill umm January or so (need patience), so what makes the most sence. They want to sell the verts there the hot thing before spring comes so perhaps its a new car altogather such as the chevelle line.

As much as I would love some more info on the new hp(Z28) camaro thats coming down the road its to early imo. I'm betting on the information to be released about that car at the NY show at the earliest. I could be wronge and I hope I'm wronge, but from the marketing angle and timing of introduction that makes the most sence. Bottom line as much as we love these cars its still a business and it has to be handled as such.

With that I would like to say a BIG THANKYOU to those involved in making these awesome cars a reality to enjoy
+ 1
Old 02-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #111
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
....and if the 2011 Indy Pace Cars IOM stripes look as reddish in person as they do in the photos, I will again be disappointed.. but, not enough to keep me from buying on...lol
I thought the same thing. The ONLY color I would have got instead of black would have been Hugger Orange with white stripes. No Hugger orange so I got my Black SS.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:25 PM   #112
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:

Quote:
That's because those dodge colors are new. They are not the same type of paint that was used in the 60's and 70's.
If you were to paint a new car with hugger orange from the 60's it would look terrible.
Clear coat or not, it just wouldn't look right.
Maybe if they made a similar orange to hugger.