Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-11-2010, 08:42 PM   #1
FED728

Drives: Aqua Blue SS
Footwell lighting

Did they decide on not doing the footwell lighting?? The part states it wwas discontinued. Thanks in advance.
FED728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
discontinued usually means they cancelled doing it!

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:58 PM   #3
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
I think you can actually do it by using a couple of the lamps that you use for the ambient lighting in the dash.

I did notice that on both the passenger side, and drivers side there is a circular hole that I believe is for the footwell lighting.

I've been able to fit my regular LED's in there.

skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #4
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Very easy DIY mod! AACStyle sells great footwell LEDs & CCFLs! Easy 1 tap to 1 wire by the steering column and 1 ground and you're done! Works in conjunction with the dome light

Michael J.
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:07 PM   #5
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Check out mine from AAC
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:01 AM   #6
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Nice Orange!!
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 12:23 AM   #7
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Cool! Some shots on Post #45 http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...t=41212&page=2
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:33 PM   #8
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Just thought I would let everyone know, that since my next batch of GM lamps came in, I was able to snap the lamps into these holes on both the passenger side, and the drivers side for Ice blue ambient lighting.

There was a trick with the passenger side, I had to trim part of the plastic piece (just cut it right on the notch) and then really struggle to get it to snap in. Then... The cord you get isn't quite long enough to reach the plug behind the gauges. So I had to make a little jumper cord to make it work.

I'll get some pictures posted when I wire up the drivers side, but I'm done for the night.

The ice blue lamps look good.

By the way, check your left side of your glove box. It appears that there is a hole there that would be used to mount a lamp for that. The Ambient lighting lamp is too small for that, but might be a good spot for another lamp.
skuttduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:03 PM   #9
domano 68

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Very easy DIY mod! AACStyle sells great footwell LEDs & CCFLs! Easy 1 tap to 1 wire by the steering column and 1 ground and you're done! Works in conjunction with the dome light

Michael J.
I'd like to see some pics of the wire(s) you tapped into. TIA!