Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2009, 06:38 AM   #141
Max
Banned

Drives: 06 Roush Supercharged GT 427HP
Man GM is doing all it can to make this the best Camaro ever.My hats off to you GM.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:46 AM   #142
XAnimal
Just in time

Drives: MRAP, M-1151 (Humvee)
Send a message via AIM to XAnimal
But what about the DOOR SILS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I'M HOME from Iraq, can't wait for my Black on Black 2LT RS 2010 Camaro
XAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:49 AM   #143
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Scott or Camaro Scott

With the workbench # I got for my 2SS and the letter I got from GM with Ed thanking me for ordering a car. Do I need to do anything else? Does GM know that order is placed with my specs for my car? And I will get that car some time this year?

My worry is I don't know if I really have an order placed that GM knows about, I think I do since I got a letter, but who knows?

Thanks

Scott
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 06:50 AM   #144
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
I have been thinking about upgrading from the 2LT I have pre-ordered and getting an SS. By the way it sounds, the first batch off the line are V6's for dealers so theoretically I could count of 45-60 days before ANY of the pre-orders are built, correct; more time to save up more cash?

Related, since the SS is a performance car replacement parts would be more expensive as well? Brakes, rotors, etc., normal stuff that wears out over time?
Old 01-10-2009, 07:12 AM   #145
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Scott, Thanks for all the "positive" info. I can only hope my white SS Camaro gets built later this year as promised. My dealer called me yesterday and advised white is still on the drawing board.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:35 AM   #146
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
Scott - You are the man! And a very classy one at that. Thanks for the information, and please continue to have patience with those of us that "want it now" and raise a stink when someone says no.

The quality is worth the wait, and I like the HP increase. I need to do the math to see how many 1-month waits it will take to get to 500HP!

Thanks Again - Long Live Camaro!
Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:20 AM   #147
Camaroinmo

Drives: Ford F150 SVT Raptor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Scott, will you be at the St. Lousi auto show at the end of January? If so, got anything planned for it. Will you let a lonely St. Louisin sit in the roped off car

P.S. Thank you for the info. I do feel better about the wait.

Thanks
Sean W
Plus 1, I am dying to see, touch, sit in this car. I will go to car show, but I really hope it's not like last year where you couldn't touch it. But, 8 year old punks with melting hershey bars could jump from one seat, across the shifter, into the other seat of $80k corvettes.
Camaroinmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:27 AM   #148
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
Took me 3 months for build and delivery for my 97 silverado LTZ. It takes time to get a product perfect and built and shipped out where YOU will be over satisfied with the end product and have next to nothing to gripe over.

The delay is a kick in the pants, which is the main reason i decided not to order a new camaro during the model launch. Not because i knew about upcoming delays, but because on expeirience firsthand, i knew problems would arise along with possible delays.

I did however break my rule when i ordered my new silverado, that vehicle though i just HAD to have. And after enjoying ti so much, i am up in the air about ordering a new camaro. I dont like the idea of monthly payments when the car sits over winter, and where i am , i get tons of snow. My truck with the summer 20's on it right now , i can go anywhere and everywhere with alot of cargo space. And i still have my 80Z which will eat a 5th gen all day long, it will just use more gas lol
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:45 AM   #149
1GTEC

Drives: GMC Sierra
I wonder why Dodge and Ford don't have problems with producing their V8 Mustangs and Challengers on time?
1GTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:48 AM   #150
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
Because the Mustangs and Challangers are built on pre-exisiting platforms.

Camaro is built on a brand new Zeta 2 platform.
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:52 AM   #151
camarolt76
2SS/RS Black/CGM Stripes

Drives: 88 Iroc, 76 Camaro, 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
LOL. Don't bother reading it. I'll give you the cliff's notes here...

Lots of people: OMFG... THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!! I'm NOT GETTING MY CAMARO!!! I'M CANCELING MY ORDER TOMORROW!!!!

A few people (namely scotty): Calm down. Have faith. You'll get your cars. GM won't screw this up *that bad*.

Repeat a few hundred times and there ya go.
Thanks for saving me the time reading thru the Camaro is delayed 1 month thread! On a positive note I saw in the original post that "all discounts will be available from day 1". That is great news!!!
camarolt76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:57 AM   #152
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarolt76 View Post
Thanks for saving me the time reading thru the Camaro is delayed 1 month thread! On a positive note I saw in the original post that "all discounts will be available from day 1". That is great news!!!
Yeah... just wish I qualified for some of those discounts!

(I used to work for a GM supplier but I lost that... CRAP!)
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #153
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
May I suggest that you take that up with your elected officials?

We don't like it any more than you do -- and the threads that 'broke out' today are just ONE of the problems we face with allocation.

(Why do you assume WE made the rules on allocation?)

Computers are cars are two wildly different things...........

As I said in an earlier post about allocation: Go talk to the guys from Honda that went to jail because they did not follow an 'allocation' plan.

Not our choice!

If we could build "first come, first served" we'd have happy customers -- and that's what we want. Alas, we must follow the law to the letter!
Whoa... I never realized the allocation program was a law!

So wait a minute here. The government puts a law out there saying, "You can only sell this many cars in this area blah blah blah" but then puts up a stink when you don't sell as many cars? That doesn't make sense to me.

Let's take Maine for example (snowy climate...probably not many Camaros and Corvettes around). Say a dealership is allocated 5 Camaros. 4 are V6's and 1 is an SS. What if you have 20 people looking for an SS and nobody looking for a V6? You can't give those people their cars until you find 4 people that want to buy a V6? That means that 19 people leave the dealership and go elsewhere. Why was the government dragging their feet with the bailout money? Some of it could be their fault.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:59 AM   #154
Chevy Jim

Drives: Chevelle 67 prostreet
Question

I can wait i know it's hard for you young guns. however i have one concearn i gave my dealer a few grand when i placed the oreder for my sons 2 LT the check was made out to the dealers name. what happens if they close there doors due to the economy. Do i loose out on my deposit or will GM make me whole on my order? thanks in advance. Chevy Jim
Chevy Jim is offline   Reply With Quote