Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
moemoewill

Drives: Silver Ice Metallic 2LT/RS
Exclamation Help with blackout/tinted lighting please

Hello all, I just recently purchased my Silver 2LT/RS Camaro and i am looking into getting my lights tinted for the blackout look. The vehicle does have HID lighting and ive been looking around and all the headlight coverings i have found say that they do not recommend it for HID lighting, so i was wondering where i can find a covering that would work for HID. I was also wondering what forms of light "blackout" is there? I have seen the tint where you put it on over the stock lighting coverings, but i was wondering if there was just lighting coverings that you can buy that already have the tint applied to them so i can keep the red ones separate. From what i understand there is the 2 headlights in the front, the fog lights, the 2 reverse lights, reflectors, and the 4 back brake lights. Is there a kit that one can buy all at once or a place that has the replacement lenses if they exist? And also which ones are the best quality. Any help would be awesome since i am new to the whole Camaro scene!
Thanks,
Will
moemoewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:04 PM   #2
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
Post Headlight Armor Lighting Protection Kits Are One Option

Congratulations on the new Camaro! There are a variety of threads about this and we have a lot of information in our Headlight Armor vendor thread here.

We use a lighting protection material, not tint, though some do come tinted. We currently have kits to protect the headlights, inset signals, fogs, side reflectors, reverse lights, and the taillights. There are a few combo packages as well. The kits are available in three levels of Smoked, HID Blue, GT Yellow, and Clear.

It does not matter whether you have the RS option lights or not, all our kits are compatible with both. The kits are removable down the road but they are only designed to be applied once. Great if you change your mind at some point and want a different look; or when trading / turning in your car.
HeadlightArmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 02:56 PM   #3
moemoewill

Drives: Silver Ice Metallic 2LT/RS
thanks, do your covers work with the HID lighting?
moemoewill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:01 PM   #4
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by moemoewill View Post
thanks, do your covers work with the HID lighting?
Yes they work with HID headlights, whether factory RS option or some sort of aftermarket retrofit.
HeadlightArmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:31 PM   #5
oryviej

Drives: Red 2LT with black stripes
Send a message via AIM to oryviej Send a message via Skype™ to oryviej
anybody know what I can do to change the actual fog light bulb on a non rs to red? i cant find a bulb already tinted. I dont know much about bulb covers. Maybe I could tint the entire lens red. Please help