Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #29
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
Tried the decals for the wheels and chunked them very quickly.
The underhood ZL1 decal worked out nicely though.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #30
Hercules

Drives: 13 ZL1 1091, 04 Ram 2500, 12 CX9
$175 sounds like a great deal, at least to me, figuring what they have to do to actually do the job. Definitely going to my bodyshop for an estimate, and then one from the dealer. Hopefully Reggie will get back to me so I can get it done all at once. Thanks again , it gave me an idea what to expect and what would be taking me over the coals.
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #31
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
$175 sounds like a great deal, at least to me, figuring what they have to do to actually do the job. Definitely going to my bodyshop for an estimate, and then one from the dealer. Hopefully Reggie will get back to me so I can get it done all at once. Thanks again , it gave me an idea what to expect and what would be taking me over the coals.
Evidently they tried painting another customers ZL1 logos on their wheels using a brush, but decided the edges didn't come out all that well.

On mine they air-brushed them and they turned out perfect.

the decals were worth the $20 to try them, but as the others have pointed out, they just didn't fit right.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #32
organgrinder

Drives: 55 nomad
hey tony...all i can figure is my computer picked up an old file that wasn't the final cut and was cutting. got it fixed and i'm sorry for the screw up. if you shoot me your address i'll send you the right set...and anyone else who got a set that didn't fit right send me your address and i'll send you the right set.

reggie
reggie454@hotmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfred View Post
Tried the decals for the wheels and chunked them very quickly.
The underhood ZL1 decal worked out nicely though.
organgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #33
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Little stuff like that makes a big difference. I like it.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #34
organgrinder

Drives: 55 nomad
i should have caught it but i didn't till i heard someone say "they're complaining about the wheel decals"...i said that's the first i heard! so i stopped and checked and sure enough fit like crap!
organgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #35
Richy_Rich
FAVOR

Drives: Many Different Rides
Nice!
Old 10-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #36
HDRDTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by organgrinder View Post
hey tony...all i can figure is my computer picked up an old file that wasn't the final cut and was cutting. got it fixed and i'm sorry for the screw up. if you shoot me your address i'll send you the right set...and anyone else who got a set that didn't fit right send me your address and i'll send you the right set.

reggie
reggie454@hotmail.com
I'm another person that bought the ZL1 decals for my wheels and found they didn't fit.

Thank you for offerring to make things right and send us a new set, however, in my case while my car was in the shop, I had mine painted on, so I don't need another set.

But thank you for discovering what the problem was and offering to make things right.

Not every vendor would step up and do that.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #37
Hercules

Drives: 13 ZL1 1091, 04 Ram 2500, 12 CX9
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Evidently they tried painting another customers ZL1 logos on their wheels using a brush, but decided the edges didn't come out all that well.

On mine they air-brushed them and they turned out perfect.

the decals were worth the $20 to try them, but as the others have pointed out, they just didn't fit right.
I got mine airbrushed last week, at the sum of just under $400.00 . I think they are still worth doing, but I wish I lived in your area. My bodyshop guy said he loves doing that stuff also, but will charge even more for the next set he does. He said it took over 6 hours of taping up before any painting. I'd say he needed to tape more up because he did them on the car.
Camaro decal store does have a radio screen protector that is pretty decent. I got it because of the touch screen. In my opinion it's worth the money.
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #38
HDRDTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
I got mine airbrushed last week, at the sum of just under $400.00 . I think they are still worth doing, but I wish I lived in your area. My bodyshop guy said he loves doing that stuff also, but will charge even more for the next set he does. He said it took over 6 hours of taping up before any painting. I'd say he needed to tape more up because he did them on the car.
Camaro decal store does have a radio screen protector that is pretty decent. I got it because of the touch screen. In my opinion it's worth the money.
Well, I do know that my dealer took the wheels off the car to paint them, because when they put them back on the car they accidently put them on the wrong side of the car.

Ooooops.

Also, I've heard from other people that the painter at the dealer does custom work and in some cases he'll get a custom template cut out and use that with his airbrush.

IF that's the case, and he can make a template for the ZL1 on the wheels, that would really speed up and simplify the process.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #39
serviceguy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 # 89, 69 Camaro, 2013 ZL1
Looking for some feedback how the wheel decals are holding up ? just installed mine.
serviceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #40
2Z's4me

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by serviceguy View Post
Looking for some feedback how the wheel decals are holding up ? just installed mine.
I installed my decals about 2 weeks after picking up the car and a year later I have not had a single problem. It was a good mod for the small price.

2Z's4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 09:40 AM   #41
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
Almost 9 months for mine. Been scrubbed and sprayed with wheel cleaner, power washed and abused - no issues at all
Attached Images

cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:15 PM   #42
DJ-Silver 2SS
Ah DJ-IOM ZL1 haha

Drives: 13 IOM ZL1 M6 & 10 SIM 2SS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-Silver 2SS
Here's my version.....
Attached Images

2013 IOM ZL1 #002415 Born 09/13/12
2010 SIM 2SS/RS #005549 Born 05/02/09
DJ-Silver 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote